Cover image for Flight Centre Travel Group

3.2
Flight Centre Travel Group CEO Graham "Skroo" Turner
Graham "Skroo" Turner

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great culture and efficiency.(in 137 reviews)
  • "Great people and lots of flex(in 131 reviews)
  • "Great training able to create your own income depending on how much you sell and chance to own part of the business(in 85 reviews)
  • "had a great team and bonded with mine(in 56 reviews)
  • "Great benefits !!!(in 53 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Flight Centre Travel Group and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Events

Oct 20, 2022 - Event Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent experience and team dynamic

Cons

Lots of systems and processes

Recruitment Marketing

Hi, thanks so much for taking the time to leave your review. We're so excited to hear that you are thriving at FCTG. Thanks for all you do - keep up the amazing work!

2. 2.0
    Former Employee

Hot mess

Oct 25, 2022 - Travel Manager in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company conferences in different states/countries (Las Vegas, Cancun etc.), Travel Perks, Fun culture/lots of young people

Cons

Can be hard to make good money if you're not placed in a lucrative store, lots of politics, upper management plays favorites

Recruitment Marketing

Thanks for taking the time to give your feedback. We're so glad to hear you enjoyed some of our amazing work perks during your time at FCTG. We appreciate your transparency across the pros and cons and will do our best to address these for future prospective employees. Thanks again for your review, we wish you all the best in the future!

3. Join the Flight Centre Travel Group team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Terrible

Nov 19, 2022 - Consultant in New York, NY
    Business Outlook

Pros

Nothing I experienced in 7 years with this company was good!!! They purchased Liberty Travel and did not care for anyone Liberty Travel person!!!

Cons

Terrible company! Lies, cheat customers out of their money and employees!!!

5. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

It's all a facade

Apr 26, 2022 - Sales and Marketing Director in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Most of my co-workers are great and understanding.

Cons

Lack of leadership in our department even when we had a leader. Zero room for promotions or growth unless you are one of the few who choose to suck up to leaders instead of doing the actual job. Salary is woefully below standard (I make 45K less than I did at a job with a lower title 6 years ago) and the 'benefits' touted in the job postings are nonexistent (for example no travel perks at all). I had hoped to see a future here but there's no way to go forward. Money is spent in all areas except marketing and the company undervalues marketing (at least in North America) more than any company I've ever worked with. Spent 2+ years doing the job of 3 people with no hope of help in sight. And not only no bonus or extra compensation but not even any recognization.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

There went 9 years of my life...

Jun 8, 2022 -  in Boston, MA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of freedom to pursue ideas. Easy access engage leadership in conversation and collaboration.

Cons

The pay and benefits are far below expectations by $30k (usually more). The workload is insane, often requiring early morning and late calls with global colleges. 6am to 8pm kind of days. Leadership has no idea what the workforce needs. Instead of support and resources, they tease big parties and skimpy raffles. Their idea of company culture is calling everyone "flighties", like a pet name, and infusing every get-together with too much alcohol. Last but not least, it's Australia-based, so Australia first. Good luck feeling heard if you work for any global brands or locations.

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great company

Mar 31, 2022 - Change Manager in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flight Centre has a great combination. A laidback culture with an entrepreneurial emphasis of goal getters.

Cons

I have not seen cons

8. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Your team is everything

Jan 18, 2021 - Assistant Team Leader in Washington, DC
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of pros. There is a lot of independence with the role of consultant or team leader, you operate your portfolio like a small private business, which I found empowering. Trainings and webinars keep you in-the-know and whole departments exist to keep help you keep improving and hit your goals. Buzz Nights and National Balls let you kick back and hang out with the only people in the world who truly understand what your day to day is like! I was lucky to be a part of an awesome team and we gelled really well, handles any issues amongst ourselves and had each other's back through clients being wildly difficult. I loved this job!

Cons

Just as your team can make your job awesome, a bad Team Leader or Assistant Team Leader can make your days awful. I started out as a consultant under a particularly egregious Team Leader, didn't really feel like he was invested in the individual success on his team. The base pay for consultants isn't really livable, so a lot depends on your clients and a lot about your client allocation depends on timing with BDMs. Upper management/CRMs are removed from the day-to-day experience so sometimes their rules or way of doing things seemed counter-intuitive.

9. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 8 years

Fun Company

Mar 18, 2022 - Fiance Manager in Montvale, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Many Travel Perks and Fun working environment.

Cons

Very little career development and career prospects. Many functions moved off-shore to Canada and Indonesia. No bonus or annual increases.

2 people found this review helpful
  10. 5.0
    Current Employee

salary

Jan 11, 2022 - Marketing Coordinator in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

great company, care for employees

Cons

benefits aren't anything special but still good

Flight Centre Travel Group Response

Hi there, thanks so much for taking the time to leave a review. We're so glad to hear that you are enjoying your time at FCTG. Our people are our greatest asset and we're so proud to have awesome people like you choose to work with us each and every day. Keep up the great work!

11. 4.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Great Company

Sep 14, 2021 - Graphic Designer in Montvale, NJ
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, fun work events and culture all around the office, When COVID hit they handled everything with grace and I like the fact that they try to still keep in touch with former employees until they're back up and running full steam again!

Cons

None that I can think of - I would like to think I would still be there if COVID never hit!

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,205 Reviews
</>Embed

Flight Centre Travel Group Reviews FAQs

Flight Centre Travel Group has an overall rating of 3.2 out of 5, based on over 2,034 reviews left anonymously by employees. 54% of employees would recommend working at Flight Centre Travel Group to a friend and 43% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Flight Centre Travel Group employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.8 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Flight Centre Travel Group. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

54% of Flight Centre Travel Group employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Flight Centre Travel Group 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.4 for culture and values and 3.2 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Flight Centre Travel Group to be benefits, culture, career development and the cons to be workplace, management, compensation.

Popular Careers with Flight Centre Travel Group Job Seekers