Flint Group (Germany) Reviews | Glassdoor

Antoine Fady
  1. "Financial Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Northville, MI

I worked at Flint Group (Germany) full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people, nice working environment

Cons

Poor management, especially in finance. Firing people at any time without good reasons.

Flint Group (Germany)2016-03-23
  2. "Best Horse in this Race..."

Current Employee - Mid Level Sales Management in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Flint Group (Germany) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Financial strength and market position Job stability for good performers Good pay and benefits Excellent product portfolio

Cons

Difficult to advance in the company if you aren't correctly "networked" Management is arrogant and narrow minded Boys club mentality Many times penny wise and pound foolish

Advice to Management

Re-engage your customer base One large customer does not a company make Do what you say you will do

Flint Group (Germany)2016-01-08
  3. "Dont interview with them"

Chemical Engineer

I have been working at Flint Group (Germany) for less than a year

Pros

Beautiful area in Asheville, NC

Cons

They never reimburse you. It has been 5 months, they keep making excuses up, blaming others in their group, on and on, but no check. If they are interviewing you, make sure they pay for EVERYTHING up front, or give you a prepaid credit limit for other items. I have never had a company do that on an interview. They were also very unprepared. Some people were out on vacation, others missed the interview. I... turned down the job opportunity, as I never even heard back from them within a few weeks, in the end, but I can only imagine what working there must be like.

Advice to Management

If people are interviewing for a job, it means they need a job. Therefore, you should communicate with them and pay them back and thank them for taking the time to come interview. I heard "We are very interested to bring you in for our development team!" Then I literally never heard back. It may be the recruiters fault if not yours, and perhaps get rid of them.

Flint Group (Germany)2016-02-04

"Tech"

Technician in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Flint Group (Germany)

Pros

Good Company with great benefits.

Cons

Managing field needs a good in detail review. Current Managers might have certain degrees but still fall short on how to treat, talk and deal with employee's.

Advice to Management

Resign.

Flint Group (Germany)2015-10-31
  5. "Good Company"

I worked at Flint Group (Germany)

Pros

Good pay rate and benefits

Cons

Does not stand up to some customers

Flint Group (Germany)2015-10-29
  6. "Analyst"

I worked at Flint Group (Germany)

Pros

No best reasons to share

Cons

They don't give good training to the new employee but they expect lot during the training period.

Advice to Management

Treat the employees as human beings.

Flint Group (Germany)2015-09-21
  7. "Zero tolerance"

Engineering Tech in Asheville, NC

I worked at Flint Group (Germany)

Pros

Employees are great. Semi relaxed environment. Good safety program. Competitive benefit program. salaries are in line with the area. All salary.

Cons

It is an okay job. If you like being ruled on and off the job. Worked there over 20 years. Never had an accident. Slipped up and was exposed to pot. Random drug screen was 0.06 and cut off is 0.05. I begged to be tested again. Agreed to pay for testing. I had a clean work record and never had an accident. I understand the need to test but compassion is not a company policy.

Advice to Management

First and foremost. All drugs are not created equal! I could have taken a cold pill and been in more danger then something I did on a Saturday night. When an employee is a value to your company. You should have some compassion. Maybe offer a probation and help. Bottom line you should value your employees. We are not all the same.

Flint Group (Germany)2015-08-12
  8. "Should you bother"

I worked at Flint Group (Germany) full-time

Pros

Excellent Compensation Package regardless of location. This is all I can really say with surety as a pro.

Cons

No real stability. Constant downsizing. Hard to advance or even remain as a woman in the company.

Flint Group (Germany)2015-08-24
  9. "Integrity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Flint Group (Germany) full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

First responders on site. Safety driven; nearly to the point of too Safeway. Excellent benefit package.

Cons

necessary equipment required for product process; along with outdoor heat, temperatures reach 100*. Uniforms provided are unruly 100% cotton, with tucked shirt.

Advice to Management

If it's not broke.... Sometimes decision makers can over-think things. Contemplating changes within the process, operators have the best knowledge. Wasting profits on new equipment, hardly used, perhaps all involved in the decision should perform the work for half a day then consider ALL options

Flint Group (Germany)2015-07-03
  10. "Gone downhill - but pays the bills. UNHAPPY"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Asheville, NC

I have been working at Flint Group (Germany) full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Pay and most benefits for this area are good.

Cons

Company ignores hazardous work conditions. Examples...lLeaking roof throughout facility. Roof leaks are caught in 55gal. drums. One area has a tarp hung under multiple leaks draining into drum. Standing water in tarp and drums are breeding mosquitoes, as well as growing several colonies of mold. 85* + temperatures, mandatory :100% cotton uniforms-with tucked shirt; air circulation is dusty fiberglass dust... laden

Advice to Management

Worry less about employee appearance , more about the conditions and complaints. Appreciated and cared about employees will evolve into better numbers. PLEASE CHANGE POLICY ON THE THICK BUTTON UP SHIRTS. T-SHIRTS can also be 100% cotton. Clean departments that are filthy and maintain. HR should be more involved with the goings on in departments. Let employees evaluate their department management.

Flint Group (Germany)2015-06-07