Cover image for Floor and Decor

3.6
Floor and Decor CEO Tom Taylor
Tom Taylor

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "The pay was good but not enough(in 69 reviews)
  • "Most of the employees are good people(in 62 reviews)
  • "They have good benefits and you can built up paid off time really quick!(in 33 reviews)
  • "The only real pro are your great coworkers but other than that they are really few and far between.(in 27 reviews)
  • "Working at Floor & Decor is a great opportunity for you to learn many new things.(in 25 reviews)
Cons
  • "Poor management and very understaffed(in 83 reviews)
  • "Most of the managers don't even know what their employees are responsible for.(in 34 reviews)
  • "No training forced to learn on the fly.(in 28 reviews)
  • "No commission EVER!! but you have to sell a certain amount per hr.(in 23 reviews)
  • "There is a VERY clear favoritism line with employees throughout the company.(in 22 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Floor and Decor and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years
    Featured Review

Great place to learn and grow

Apr 25, 2022 - Interior Design Consultant
    Business Outlook

Pros

If you’re new to interior design, it’s a great place to get your feet wet and start getting some hands on experience. You learn a lot about a lot and there’s generally good support from the management teams if you need help with anything.

Cons

It’s retail, so you still very much have that aspect of the business as far as customers go, but the company does a good job with team appreciation.

2 people found this review helpful
  2. 5.0
    Former Employee

Good

Oct 2, 2022 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good people, great to start in the design world

Cons

Not too flexible with schedule

3. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Nice part time

Sep 29, 2022 - Deco Specialist
    Business Outlook

Pros

It was a nice environment, I liked that if we got 5 reviews from customers we got a small bonus.

Cons

For the amount of lifting that was being done, the pay was not so great.

4. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Hard work but plenty of autonomy.

Sep 28, 2022 - Sales Associate in Fountain Valley, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

What you work on is somewhat up to you, between selling product and stocking the shelves.

Cons

You have to keep up in sales or they'll pull you aside.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Current Opinion

Sep 28, 2022 - Warehouse Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

- competitive pay - welcoming / friendly environment - flexible scheduling

Cons

I don’t really have one at the moment.

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Retail sucks: but it’s not bad.

Sep 14, 2022 - Designer in Austin, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly management, good feedback, occasional rewards and bonuses, decent pay, adequate benefits.

Cons

Because of the nature of retail you end up performing jobs outside of your job description, staffing and scheduling is in constant crisis, and the wages aren’t keeping pace with inflation and competition.

7. 2.0
    Current Employee

Toxic work culture

Oct 3, 2022 - Design Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Negotiate pay based on experience

Cons

They will cut hours at will to appease the "budget" If your higher paid they will ride you harder to exceed metrics

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Floor and Decor hourly

Sep 22, 2022 - Warehouse Associate in Kennesaw, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Trading paid work for a free workout.

Cons

High turnover rate, scheduling issues.

9. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great position

Sep 20, 2022 - Sales Associate/Cashier
    Business Outlook

Pros

Not too many, regular job

Cons

Long standing hours! Can’t focus!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people, incredible growth opportunity

Aug 12, 2022 - Director in Atlanta, GA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Genuinely great people for the most part. In corporate (SSC), if you do well, are a good person, know how to create relationships and figure out how to navigate (be proactive and entrepreneurial as appropriate), and know how to execute and get results - or are trying your best at all of these - then you will be handsomely rewards and well supported. Due to our growth rate, if you are a above average performer, you promotion and earning potential will be faster and larger than at almost any other retailer. We may pay less for an equivalent role at the really big companies, but your trajectory and potential will win out to a large extent once you are here. If you can see that the people, the goals, and possibilities are incredible, and you can roll your sleeves up and help continue to build this rocket ship as we fly, then come join us for the ride. It might be bumpy and it won't be perfect, but it will be amazing and rewarding.

Cons

Due to where we are in the growth cycle, we are both less mature in terms of many systems and process - which we are investing in and building over time - and we are moving VERY fast. This combination can be frustrating and challenging for some. If you aren't good at reaching out and developing relationships, or just need for people to tell you what to do vs. figure it out / suggesting, then this may not be the place for you. As with all companies, it also depends on who your manager is. But I think the percentage of bad managers - and certainly the percentage of managers who aren't trying to do the right thing - is lower here than any place I've ever been. F and D hires people based on their background, potential, and cultural fit more so that what school you went to or company you worked for. So the pedigree and background for a specific person or role can vary much more here. We will get there on diversity and inclusion. It will take time. The store associates are quite diverse. We've rolled out some programs and will continue to mature for how we connect, support, engage, and promote. But leadership, although more white and male than might be ideal, is eyes wide open and knows where we need to go. Join us to help! Benefits are getting better but still lacking. I think we'll get there soon.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,156 Reviews
</>Embed

Floor and Decor Reviews FAQs

Floor and Decor has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 1,184 reviews left anonymously by employees. 67% of employees would recommend working at Floor and Decor to a friend and 68% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -2% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Floor and Decor employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.5 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Floor and Decor. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

67% of Floor and Decor employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Floor and Decor 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.6 for culture and values and 3.8 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Floor and Decor to be benefits, career development, coworkers and the cons to be culture, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Floor and Decor Job Seekers