Florence Crittenton Services of Topeka, Inc. Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Flo Critt"

Former Intern - Intern in Owings Mills, MD
    Former Intern - Intern in Owings Mills, MD

I worked at Florence Crittenton Services of Topeka, Inc. as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros were that the company was very helpful and kind. It was a good experience. hey helped me grow a lot, and I did not have my supervisor over my back all day long, I was able to work freely.

Cons

Cons of this was that Flo Critt was short on staff, I did have days when I felt like I was staff but I was not receiving pay for the extra work and time that I was putting in.

2. "Matter of opinion"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Topeka, KS

I worked at Florence Crittenton Services of Topeka, Inc. full-time

Pros

I was interested in working at FloCrit for the opportunity to work in the mental health field. Being able to work with the kids and find ways at helping them brought me joy. Even on the difficult days I could go home feeling good about what I was doing to contribute their health and safety.

Cons

When I was first hired, my team was all very new. None of us really had any idea of what we were doing and we weren't really being trained properly. Even after working there for almost a year, I still didn't know all the rules. Whenever there were critical incidents that would need debriefed, our boss was big on making sure to tell us it was our fault the incident happened even if the situation couldn't have been helped. It was pretty sad that not only did staff have issues with her, but every single resident always talked about how much they hated her. They never really gave a reason why, just had a feeling I guess.

Staff had no support from the "uppers" and it was hard to get support from each other. When we did have a good team, a new person would be hired and all staffs time was spent training the new person and less time focused on the residents. Most of the time, we were very understaffed and we would be stretched thin. New residents would be brought in that needed more help than the facility was able to give. Most staff members thought they kept them for the money from insurance instead of the well-being of the actual resident.

Advice to Management

Take care of your employees.

3. "Florence Crittenton Services of Az is a wonderful place to work if interested in working with adolescent females."

Pros

I enjoy working at Florence Crittenton because I believe I am making a difference in the youth life.

Cons

Staff turn over which affects the consistency the youth require. Also girls placed there at times require higher level of placement to meet their needs.

Advice to Management

Appropriate assessment and placement of youth benefits the youth and treatment pogrom as a whole. Excepting anyone into the program w/o carefully assessing the appropriateness as it relates to level of care.

4. "Hard Work, Good Cause"

I worked at Florence Crittenton Services of Topeka, Inc. full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Making a difference in the lives of young people

Cons

Lack of support for the direct staff

Advice to Management

More self care opportunities for direct staff