Florida Cancer Specialists Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Florida Cancer Specialists CEO Brad Prechtl
Brad Prechtl

"Great company"

Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for Florida Cancer Specialist for 3 + years and my experience has been nothing short of spectacular. Florida Cancer Specialists understand that their employees are their greatest assets. The management teams continuously look for ways to boost employee morale, keeping teams motivated to deliver awesome experiences every day to our patients. FCS fosters a team-oriented company culture of hard working,... smart, committed people looking to make a difference in the lives of patients and their families. If you’re looking for a career with growth opportunities, consider applying at Florida Cancer Specialists.

Cons

Free lunch every day. Yes, this is a con for me. I gained 57 pounds in 3 years.

Advice to Management

Look for candidates that truly share and understand our companies care values.

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-09-11

"It has its pros, but the work environment"

Former Employee - IT Project Management in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of free lunches, some co workers are really nice. Benefits are OK, but health insurance is not that great for a company that supposedly cares about health. Opportunity to grow. Nice building.

Cons

The administrative assistant of the COO runs the show in IT, most of the time in a bad way. The CIO is in the building but almost never visible. The administrative assistant tells senior manages what do do and where to move their employees. They move staff around like cattle, and you have ZERO input. Within a year I switched cubicles four times, for no real reason. It is sometimes very loud. IT employees sit in... cubicles one big room with little privacy. You are constantly forced to listen in on the next guys conversations, and it is very hard to focus. As soon as you are settled in, the administrative assistant comes baring in and tells you to pack you stuff and move. Nobody cares if you can get your work load done or not.

Advice to Management

The CEO and the owners are likely good people but they are detached and know little of what is going on. The problem is with the upper management on the level below the top management. If the CEO knew what was going on, I am sure things would change.

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-04-26

"Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Management in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Teamwork mentality * Support for fellow employees * Feeling valued/appreciated by upper management * Good benefits packages * Most importantly, making a difference in patients' lives as they fight to beat cancer

Cons

* Salaried positions sometimes work more than 40 hour work weeks

Advice to Management

Continue to incentivize hard work and dedication. A little goes a long way!

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-02-15
  4. "Utilization Management Coordinator"

Current Employee - Utilization Management Coordinator in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than a year

Pros

This company offers an extremely laid back working environment allowing you to complete your tasks on a comfortable level. They offer a decent salary for the position they fill and are fair with raises upon annual reviews.

Cons

Continuous policy and procedure changes with minimal follow up training. They cycle through multiple department supervisors and whats unfortunate is these supervisors/mangers have very little to no training in the department they are over-seeing causing the staff to rely on each other for tips, help, training and knowledge.

Advice to Management

Train the department managers on the positions they are overseeing.

Florida Cancer Specialists2016-06-10