Florida Cancer Specialists Patient Service Specialist Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 4 reviews

2.9
Florida Cancer Specialists CEO Brad Prechtl
Brad Prechtl
  1. "Amazing coworkers and management"

Patient Service Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists

Pros

Friendly environment. Helpful people and kind patients.

Cons

Parking is difficult. There is hospital transport though

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-05-30

"If I could go back in time I would simply NOT! with this place ."

Patient Service Specialist

I worked at Florida Cancer Specialists for less than a year

Pros

The Doctors seem to really care about the patients. Clinical trials and research on treatments for patients. Competitive wages. Competitive benefits.

Cons

This was hands down the worst office environment that I have ever been exposed to in the shortest amount of time." Who doesn't know how to multi task in 2018? Treated like I don't know how to multitask because I didn't want to put a person on hold that had already been on hold multiple times on hold again when they were in mid sentence. Patient safety was put at risk when the office manager would not allow a... very pale patient that looked faint to have a chair at check out, It was quite frankly, embarrassing to work there with the level of customer service given to cancer patients. It's the worst customer service I had ever seen and been expected to participate in in my entire life.

Advice to Management

Do better, train better. treat employees better. This was my experience . I can't speak to the culture of the entire company. But the office I was in was the complete opposite of heaven on earth. At orientation the company relayed a different goal for the offices. However, this office was horrid!! Send people to orientation prior to their startt dates. If not your defeating the purpose of an orientation !!!

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-07-01
  3. "Patient service Specialist"

Patient Service Specialist in Tampa, FL

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists

Pros

The office staff and managers are very nice.

Cons

The pay could be higher

Florida Cancer Specialists2016-12-05

"It Could Be Worse"

Current Employee - Patient Service Specialist

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good pay. Very Large Company, lots of locations, departments and positions. Floating, while at first I was not thrilled with the idea of having to cover in another location, the break from your seat can be nice. Floating is mandatory of all employees. Technology is ahead of most medical offices.

Cons

Management is on a power trip. LOTS of favoritism; while some get reprimanded others get a slap on the wrist. Double standard. NO TRAINING Department; you are thrown in the position. Expect to work hard with little/no appreciation. When they tell you all offices are run the same, it is a lie. Moving up is not as easy as they make it sound, there are a lot of HR rules that need to be changed.

Advice to Management

Please create a training program that will help retain employees, and keep current employees from the added stress of training someone in addition to maintaining there workload with out the compensation and/or appreciation of added work. Keep a better eye on regional managers and office managers, they should be micro-managed.

Florida Cancer Specialists2014-06-27