Florida Cancer Specialists Pharmacy Technician Reviews | Glassdoor

Brad Prechtl

"Pharmacy Tech"

Pharmacy Technician III in Tampa, FL

I worked at Florida Cancer Specialists for more than a year

Pros

I ABSOLUTELY LOVED MY JOB! I loved being able to work alone and manage the nucleus, supplies and maintaining the pharmacy. I LOVE the staff and the doctors that I worked with in Brandon, Tampa, Medical Park and Havana offices. Teamwork was always top notch. I also LOVED the patients.

Cons

The workload can escalate to an almost uncontrollable pace very quickly and last for more than 4-5 hours, where it seems as though you're truly understaffed certain days of the week.

Advice to Management

Hire part-time and/or prn positions for the days with 45 patients or more. When you have several patients (per hour) who need 4-6 chemo bags made, these are sometimes hard to manage in the IV hood.

Florida Cancer Specialists2016-09-09

"Wouldn’t send family here."

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with cancer patients along side others that also want to help the patients.

Cons

*Another edit due to Glassdoor- Poor safety/sterilization/oversight practices. Company only cares about $. Edited* long story short I had a an experience where lack of oversight was obvious and company was more concerned about money loss than patient safety. The lack of oversight is dangerous, I would strongly advise being treated at a local hospital, and it’s a shame because many people really care about... patients and don’t do things maliciously, they just don’t know.

Advice to Management

Stronger oversight when it comes to safety/sterility practices. Maybe regional pharmacists to manage this and pharm techs regularly?

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-07-29
  3. "Compounding Pharmacy Technician III"

Former Employee - Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits with this company are great, they include Medical, Dental, Vision and Compensation is much better than any Hospital in the city of Fort Myers.

Cons

Hours are very long plus they have a season where the Snow Birds come down from the cold and you get super busy.

Advice to Management

There are always opportunities to try to treat your employees better.

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-02-21

"Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for less than a year

Pros

Reps are always brining food

Cons

I’ve been employed with Rx To Go the in house pharmacy for FCS for about 3 years now everyday that passes I wonder what happened to this department. The managers only care about how will the call center is doing, they have forgotten we are here for the patients. It’s truly sad, that Manager and the supervisor are constantly looking over our shoulders, watching us like a hawk and the micro management is crazy. They... tell you not to have your cell phones out, which but the supervisors and managers here don’t lead by example at all. Especially when they are walking around with the cells phones out and you can see their on Facebook, poor management! There’s nothing constant everyday it’s something different, how can employees follow rules and polices when everyday a task is to benefit a team or person. I do plan to start looking for a change, No one can even go to hr for resource they are not here for the employees. They protect the higher level

Advice to Management

Change the entire management team. Stop looking at the employees, and look at the supervisor and managers that don’t know how to manage.

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-02-13

"Save yourself from losing your mind"

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay rate was okay and had daily free lunch and benefits were okay and had own workspace and very nice vendors like the pharmacutal reps.

Cons

Unprofessional, unorganized, uneducated and inexperienced in training employees the right way and with the correct material or knowledge, you have one job title but yet they require you to do other work that you are not trained for and are not suppose to be doing, too much micromanagement from people that think they know everything, this list can go on and on. I wouldn't recommend anyone to work at the corporate... office in Fort Myers, FL. They are so like high school. It's a bunch of women bullying other women they feel intimated by and or don't necessarily like. The women doing all the bullying are the ones in a management or supervisor position and if your not their friend that they got hired or if your not a MALE then you're going to get bullied and fired. And don't think you can go to a higher up or HR to work things out with coworkers because they will retaliate and fire you.

Advice to Management

Grow up, be professional, learn how to train employees properly instead of expecting them to learn something that's not in their job title in less than a few days or a week. Get professional trainers instead of the employee's coworker that you know they're having issues with to traine them. Stop gossiping about employees and do your job.

Florida Cancer Specialists2015-08-26