Florida Cancer Specialists Registered Nurse Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 24, 2019

3.7
Florida Cancer Specialists CEO Brad Prechtl
Brad Prechtl

"Great Company with lots of opportunity to grow!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lecanto, FL

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

No weekends or major holidays. FCS offers PTO which increases with every year you are with the company. They have tuition assistance for those interested in growing in the field. I have been fortunate to work with very caring physicians. We offer cutting edge treatments as well as have access to Clinical trials. I have been with FCS for over 11 years. We now have a Director of Nursing who is passionate about... supporting us. We have about 100 offices in the state of Florida so you could transfer if needed while keeping your years of service.

Cons

LUNCH - i gained so much weight. I have made a choice not to eat the desserts!!

Advice to Management

We need a float pool of nurses and medical assistants.

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-01-24

"Not too bad for a doctors office."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lake Mary, FL

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for less than a year

Pros

Don’t have to work weekends and major holidays Working 8:00-4:30, can be home with my baby before she goes to bed.

Cons

Did not take their time to train me. I was just thrown in to shadow the head nurse for a few days. Which she is way too busy to take her time teaching me. Now don’t get me wrong, I do have some experience with oncology at the bedside so I know enough. But it’s different going to a new job, different computer and charting systems. I had never done triage and they basically expected me to figure that out all on my own.... Management at my location isn’t the best either. They aren’t very nice and definitely play favorites.

Advice to Management

Treat all your employees the same, act as if you care about your employees and not just that you care about someone there to do the work. Spend some time to train your employees.

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-06-02

"Enjoying"

Current Employee - Staff RN

Pros

The ability to share in patient's cancer treatment is a rewarding experience.

Cons

Occasionally expectations can be slightly overwhelming. Benefits good be better. Not much room for advancement.

Florida Cancer Specialists2017-09-24

"The company has gotten very big, very fast. We still do not have a Director of Nursing overseeing nursing issues."

Staff RN in Lee, FL

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists

Pros

The best reason for working here at my office are the absolute superb oncology nurses I work with. Each and everyone of us, in our entire office, go above and beyond for our patient's and their family.

Cons

Corporate does not feel we need a Director of Nursing to oversee nursing procedures, policy, concerns and complaints. I know many of my nursing colleagues feel the same. During our busy season we are under staffed. Understaffed means unsafe. Unsafe for patients and staff. Many patients have voiced that they have noticed a lot of not just nursing turnover in the past few years., but also in other departments.. This... is primarily due to the extra added unnecessary stress on our staff in all departments.

Advice to Management

Get a Director of Nursing on board that knows and understands the level of acuity of our patients, and the amount of staffing that each of our offices require to make a safer environment for both patient's and staff in all departments.

Florida Cancer Specialists2015-02-09
  5. "Really good job"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

Pt focused care. Mostly positive atmosphere. Professional work environment. Interesting work. Lots of learning opportunities. Catered lunch provided most days. Technology and software very current.

Cons

Micro-managed. Very little autonomy. Mediocre wages and terrible medical coverage.

Advice to Management

Less expensive benefits and more variety of coverage options. Does not offer a cafeteria plan. Currently only offered very poor coverage at an astronomical price.

Florida Cancer Specialists2014-06-08