Florida Cancer Specialists Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 111 reviews

2.7
Florida Cancer Specialists CEO Brad Prechtl
Brad Prechtl
Pros
  • "Free lunch almost everyday, great PTO(in 10 reviews)

• "Flexible hours is the only saving grace so that you are able to get away from the negative work environment(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "Especially when they are walking around with the cells phones out and you can see their on Facebook, poor management(in 4 reviews)

• "Horrible work environment, because everyone is always tiptoeing(in 4 reviews)

"Great company"

Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I have worked for Florida Cancer Specialist for 3 + years and my experience has been nothing short of spectacular. Florida Cancer Specialists understand that their employees are their greatest assets. The management teams continuously look for ways to boost employee morale, keeping teams motivated to deliver awesome experiences every day to our patients. FCS fosters a team-oriented company culture of hard working,... smart, committed people looking to make a difference in the lives of patients and their families. If you’re looking for a career with growth opportunities, consider applying at Florida Cancer Specialists.

Cons

Free lunch every day. Yes, this is a con for me. I gained 57 pounds in 3 years.

Advice to Management

Look for candidates that truly share and understand our companies care values.

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-09-11
  2. "Ok"

Former Employee - Patient Care Coordinator

I worked at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time

Pros

Independent work. Managers are good.

Cons

Cliquey. No advancement. Small work space.

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-08-26
  3. "Nice Company"

Former Employee - RN OCN

I worked at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

working with many different chemo combinations and research drugs, opportunities to move up to management

Cons

Poor raises, very expensive benefits, horrible upper management , mandatory weekends, management makes it difficult to request and approve vacation time

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-08-23

"Good company to work for."

Current Employee - Business Intelligence Analyst

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good company to work for.

Cons

None so far. I have nothing negative to add about it.

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-07-31

"Honest Review"

Current Employee - Coordinator

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible work environment with the opportunity to work from home depending on which department you are in. Merit based raise. 401k match.

Cons

Family health insurance is not affordable- high co-pay. High turnover. Minimum pay increase even for top performers.

Advice to Management

Offer bonuses and additional incentive programs run by department. Compensate employees. Expand HR department and increase effective communication companywide.

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-08-01
  6. "Very unbalanced"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Naples, FL

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for less than a year

Pros

The patients are awesome and amazing

Cons

The management sucks the employee quarterly reviews aren’t accurate because they have so much favoritism at the Naples west office

Advice to Management

Retire

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-09-03

"Good company overall"

Current Employee - Financial Counselor

Pros

You are not micro managed, daily lunches, full benefits package.

Cons

Yearly raises are not much & some managment are very unprofessional.

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-07-18

"Wouldn’t send family here."

Former Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Sarasota, FL

I worked at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Working with cancer patients along side others that also want to help the patients.

Cons

*Another edit due to Glassdoor- Poor safety/sterilization/oversight practices. Company only cares about $. Edited* long story short I had a an experience where lack of oversight was obvious and company was more concerned about money loss than patient safety. The lack of oversight is dangerous, I would strongly advise being treated at a local hospital, and it’s a shame because many people really care about... patients and don’t do things maliciously, they just don’t know.

Advice to Management

Stronger oversight when it comes to safety/sterility practices. Maybe regional pharmacists to manage this and pharm techs regularly?

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-07-29
  9. "I believe in the CORE Values FCS stands for, unfortunately these values are not practiced in the IT Department."

Pros

The benefits are good. Before some new management took over, it was a pleasure to work there. I always felt appreciated by my manager. My previous manager will always be a mentor.

Cons

New management and gossip about their employees and other staff is quite disappointing.

Advice to Management

New management and supervisors in the IT department, learn the CORE values and practice these values as your supposed to be a mentor to your employees not someone who breaks the values and worse! Gossip about other employees at work and the same rules don’t apply to management as they do to their employees!!!

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-08-19

"Stay Clear of this place"

Former Employee - Medical

I worked at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time

Pros

There are no pros to list..

Cons

There is NO TEAM WORK at all. If you ask for help you will most times depending on who you ask will be told no. They are all in their own little groups and are there more to hang with their friends and talk behind everyone's back then work.

Advice to Management

GET NEW MANAGMENT !!!!

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-07-29