Florida Cancer Specialists Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 114 reviews

2.8
Florida Cancer Specialists CEO Brad Prechtl
Brad Prechtl
  1. "I believe in the CORE Values FCS stands for, unfortunately these values are not practiced in the IT Department."

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The benefits are good. Before some new management took over, it was a pleasure to work there. I always felt appreciated by my manager. My previous manager will always be a mentor.

Cons

New management and gossip about their employees and other staff is quite disappointing.

Advice to Management

New management and supervisors in the IT department, learn the CORE values and practice these values as your supposed to be a mentor to your employees not someone who breaks the values and worse! Gossip about other employees at work and the same rules don’t apply to management as they do to their employees!!!

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-08-19

"Stay Clear of this place"

Former Employee - Medical

I worked at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time

Pros

There are no pros to list..

Cons

There is NO TEAM WORK at all. If you ask for help you will most times depending on who you ask will be told no. They are all in their own little groups and are there more to hang with their friends and talk behind everyone's back then work.

Advice to Management

GET NEW MANAGMENT !!!!

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-07-29

"Not good"

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists

Pros

Helping cancer patients on their treatment journey.

Cons

No infrastructure and poor leadership.

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-07-22

"Good place to work, minimal raises, very by the book, pleasant atmosphere"

Former Employee - EDI Specialist in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Calm and quiet if you're in the billing office where you dont see patients or Drs. Professional and pleasant environment. Not overworked or overwhelming and you can always get help from coworkers and team leaders. Good training and very simple work. Do not have to be certified as long as you have some experience and are good with entering numbers in the computer. You rarely move from your desk and most have... individual cubicles. Communication between management and staff is pretty good, lunches about once a month, no micromanagement

Cons

Decent starting pay ($14.50 in 2014) but raises are on percentages with a max of 3%, so regardless if you've been there 10 years, you may have only gotten $1-3, unless you changed positions. Never move from your desk & not enough work which were cons for me but pros to most. I like to stay busy, like to be overloaded with work so that was my reason for resigning. I was faster than most in my dept and would work... on their worklists too and it wasnt until my 2nd to last day when I was asked to help another dept. When i did that, that dept was begging me to stay and asking why they never let me come over before. I would have probably stayed if I was able to do that a few times a week. Really no cons for the billing office, I'm used to dealing with patients in chaos so this was a breeze.

Advice to Management

I understand it's a large, corporate company structure but management should be trained to seek out high performing individuals and people who have proven track records for quality and are well liked by their peers. If this person is asking the team leader and the manager for more work so frequently and is always doing other's work, what is the harm in doing so? It's code and dollar amount entry and there are... thousands of charges to be billed and collected for. Someone who has a keen interest in both aspects who wants more work and is dependable could be a very useful person in various nearby locations and positions, try not to let them quit before trying to use them to benefit both the employer and employee (and coworkers, patients and company).

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-05-06

"It has its pros, but the work environment"

Former Employee - IT Project Management in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than a year

Pros

Lots of free lunches, some co workers are really nice. Benefits are OK, but health insurance is not that great for a company that supposedly cares about health. Opportunity to grow. Nice building.

Cons

The administrative assistant of the COO runs the show in IT, most of the time in a bad way. The CIO is in the building but almost never visible. The administrative assistant tells senior manages what do do and where to move their employees. They move staff around like cattle, and you have ZERO input. Within a year I switched cubicles four times, for no real reason. It is sometimes very loud. IT employees sit in... cubicles one big room with little privacy. You are constantly forced to listen in on the next guys conversations, and it is very hard to focus. As soon as you are settled in, the administrative assistant comes baring in and tells you to pack you stuff and move. Nobody cares if you can get your work load done or not.

Advice to Management

The CEO and the owners are likely good people but they are detached and know little of what is going on. The problem is with the upper management on the level below the top management. If the CEO knew what was going on, I am sure things would change.

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-04-26
  6. "Good company to work for."

Former Employee - Coding and Compliance Auditor in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits and PTO were excellent. The company held frequent informative meetings with regard to current company goals as well as future goals and expansion.

Cons

Favoritism, need more training, there was a lot of inhouse gossip and it affected morale in the department.

Advice to Management

Review with department leads and supervisors that all employees should be given the same helpful information when it comes to their job. Share important information and new information with employees equally.

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-04-06

"IT Department"

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time

Pros

Plenty of room for advancement

Cons

The CIO is very good to work with. He asks his people to step up, which is not a bad thing. If their are ever situations where a meeting or conversation gets heated, it is usually because he is simply looking for details and responsibility. Not everyone gets that (in any company). The ones doing any bashing, are usually the ones who don't get it.

Advice to Management

We aren't robots, and you shouldn't want robots. Nurture and be transparent with your people. If they never develop wings, then let them find another home, but exhaust the development and chances. Compensate much better.

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-03-06

"Avoid this employer"

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for less than a year

Pros

You get a paycheck. You get to meet people who want to beat cancer.

Cons

Any future prospective employee should know this company has major issues with fair employment practices, favoritism, security issues exist within the department.

Advice to Management

Stop management favoritism in employees. Document training practices and expectations for clear & concise communication to new employees. Take HR complaints seriously and never leave the person who makes the complaint in the dark for over a month.

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-03-07

"Great Company with lots of opportunity to grow!"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Lecanto, FL

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

No weekends or major holidays. FCS offers PTO which increases with every year you are with the company. They have tuition assistance for those interested in growing in the field. I have been fortunate to work with very caring physicians. We offer cutting edge treatments as well as have access to Clinical trials. I have been with FCS for over 11 years. We now have a Director of Nursing who is passionate about... supporting us. We have about 100 offices in the state of Florida so you could transfer if needed while keeping your years of service.

Cons

LUNCH - i gained so much weight. I have made a choice not to eat the desserts!!

Advice to Management

We need a float pool of nurses and medical assistants.

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-01-24
  10. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Financial Counselor in Tampa, FL

I worked at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Pay, benefits, stability, great patients and coworkers

Cons

Difficult to collect from cancer patients

Florida Cancer Specialists2019-01-15