Florida Cancer Specialists Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated 4 de Oct 2019

2.7
Florida Cancer Specialists CEO Brad Prechtl
Brad Prechtl

"Great Company to Work For!"

Current Employee - Management in Sarasota, FL

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for less than a year

Pros

* Teamwork mentality * Support for fellow employees * Feeling valued/appreciated by upper management * Good benefits packages * Most importantly, making a difference in patients' lives as they fight to beat cancer

Cons

* Salaried positions sometimes work more than 40 hour work weeks

Advice to Management

Continue to incentivize hard work and dedication. A little goes a long way!

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-02-15
  2. "Compounding Pharmacy Technician III"

Former Employee - Senior Certified Pharmacy Technician in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Benefits with this company are great, they include Medical, Dental, Vision and Compensation is much better than any Hospital in the city of Fort Myers.

Cons

Hours are very long plus they have a season where the Snow Birds come down from the cold and you get super busy.

Advice to Management

There are always opportunities to try to treat your employees better.

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-02-21
  3. "Physician Liaison"

Current Employee - Physician Liaison

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I work with a great team! Management is always professional, supportive and pro-active. There are always opportunities to go "above and beyond" that are financially rewarding.

Cons

Working nights and weekends are part of the job responsibility. If you are looking for a traditional 9-5, this job may not be for you

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-02-19
  4. "A wonderful company to work for."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Gainesville, FL

Pros

From the Executive Management to the local office and clinical staff, Florida Cancer Specialists only employs people who have huge hearts and make our cancer patients feel like family. The nursing staff at local offices are community members who understand and relate to the emotional needs of patients being treated by Florida Cancer Specialists. The Marketing Team is knowledgeable of the diverse populations... throughout Florida, and staff employees based on their territory knowledge and insights. Your individuality is considered a strength to the team, and are frequently encouraged to utilize individual strengths to succeed. It is very wonderful to be a part of a team and organization who appreciates the individual.

Cons

Although expectations can be high, the rewards and recognition are exemplary.

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-02-19
  5. "excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Largo, FL

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

excellent place to work, happy to be here for 5 years

Cons

None, we are saving lives

Advice to Management

continue what you are doing

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-02-19
  6. "Great company who truly cares about their patients and employees!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sarasota, FL

Pros

Florida Cancer Specialists is committed to patients and ensuring that they have the best possible outcome. The staff and the doctors are truly caring and compassionate and there is no better place to work.

Cons

Please continue to update employees on the successes as well as the challenges, so that we can best support the mission.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide updates and communicate the successes of Florida Cancer Specialists.

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-02-15
  7. "Fantastic organization"

Pros

Extremely passionate organization with a wonderful mission. Significant opportunities to grow your career and be to part of a team that helps so many.

Cons

If you don't like being part of a dynamic company, this may not be for you.

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-02-16
  8. "Great place"

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful people. Free lunch and even breakfast almost everyday. Great patients. Fun coworkers. Room for advancements as they’re always growing.

Cons

Sometimes things happen in management that effect the regular day to days without notice.

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-02-07

"Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Fort Myers, FL

Pros

Reps are always brining food

Cons

I’ve been employed with Rx To Go the in house pharmacy for FCS for about 3 years now everyday that passes I wonder what happened to this department. The managers only care about how will the call center is doing, they have forgotten we are here for the patients. It’s truly sad, that Manager and the supervisor are constantly looking over our shoulders, watching us like a hawk and the micro management is crazy. They... tell you not to have your cell phones out, which but the supervisors and managers here don’t lead by example at all. Especially when they are walking around with the cells phones out and you can see their on Facebook, poor management! There’s nothing constant everyday it’s something different, how can employees follow rules and polices when everyday a task is to benefit a team or person. I do plan to start looking for a change, No one can even go to hr for resource they are not here for the employees. They protect the higher level

Advice to Management

Change the entire management team. Stop looking at the employees, and look at the supervisor and managers that don’t know how to manage.

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-02-13

"Lab technologist"

Current Employee - Fish Technologist in Fort Myers, FL

Pros

It’s good organization where everyone is master of their duties.

Cons

I don’t like going to work every morning as managers are not understanding at scheduling us more effectively. Schedule is not changeable as no one else to follow it. Unnecessary competition with coworkers as they constantly evealute you with them, on personal level.

Advice to Management

Some of them who are to micromanaging needs to relax and other who don’t manage there team needs to control so not everyone is managing other person’s life and business.

Florida Cancer Specialists2018-01-03