Florida Cancer Specialists Staff RN Reviews | Glassdoor

Florida Cancer Specialists CEO Brad Prechtl
Brad Prechtl

"Enjoying"

Current Employee - Staff RN

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists full-time for less than a year

Pros

The ability to share in patient's cancer treatment is a rewarding experience.

Cons

Occasionally expectations can be slightly overwhelming. Benefits good be better. Not much room for advancement.

Florida Cancer Specialists2017-09-24

"The company has gotten very big, very fast. We still do not have a Director of Nursing overseeing nursing issues."

Staff RN in Lee, FL

I have been working at Florida Cancer Specialists

Pros

The best reason for working here at my office are the absolute superb oncology nurses I work with. Each and everyone of us, in our entire office, go above and beyond for our patient's and their family.

Cons

Corporate does not feel we need a Director of Nursing to oversee nursing procedures, policy, concerns and complaints. I know many of my nursing colleagues feel the same. During our busy season we are under staffed. Understaffed means unsafe. Unsafe for patients and staff. Many patients have voiced that they have noticed a lot of not just nursing turnover in the past few years., but also in other departments.. This... is primarily due to the extra added unnecessary stress on our staff in all departments.

Advice to Management

Get a Director of Nursing on board that knows and understands the level of acuity of our patients, and the amount of staffing that each of our offices require to make a safer environment for both patient's and staff in all departments.

Florida Cancer Specialists2015-02-09