Cover image for Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email
Found 284 of over 292 reviews
3.4
52% Recommend to a Friend
Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Chief Executive Officer Nathan H. Walcker
63% Approve of CEO

Found 284 of over 292 reviews

3.4
Nathan H. Walcker

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Great benefits for full time employees(in 20 reviews)
  • "Good pay.(in 7 reviews)
  • "Free lunches twice a week(in 6 reviews)
  • "Good staff to work with.(in 6 reviews)
  • "Nice people to work with.(in 6 reviews)
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years
    Featured Review

Great Long-Term Employer for Professionals

Oct 14, 2022 - Clinical Research Coordinator in Sarasota, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great benefits: Medical/Dental/Vision/Disability insurance 401K Retirement Paid Time Off after 90 days; accrual begins with employment Tuition Reimbursement Remote Employment Opportunities Career Growth Competitive Pay with annual merit evaluations Employee Wellness Program

Cons

While having the honor of caring for patients with cancer, it can also have an impact on mental health. Little flexibility in work hours. Most positions are limited to M-F, 8am-5pm.

3 people found this review helpful

Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Response

We continue striving to achieve our goal of ensuring that FCS is a great place to work. Team member feedback such as yours is vital to our progress. Thank you for sharing your comments.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

LOVE working for FCS!

Dec 22, 2022 - Marketing Communications Coordinator
    Business Outlook

Pros

I cannot say enough about how happy I am to work for FCS! It has been such an incredible experience growing with this practice - even in just the first few months of my employment. I truly feel as though I am part of something bigger, and because there are so many opportunities for growth and advancement, I plan on staying with the practice for a very long time. So grateful I found FCS! -Incredible benefits (including tuition reimbursement) -Supportive team members and managers -Room for growth and advancement (growing practice) -Caring for amazing patients and their families - even if you are not in direct patient care, this is a purpose you will feel

Cons

I am so happy here. Nothing is life is perfect, but this is darn close to it!

Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Response

At FCS, we aim to provide a workplace where team members can thrive and grow. We are delighted that you have chosen to grow your career with us and wish you continued success.

3. Join the Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Too many chiefs

Jan 17, 2023 - Medical Assistant in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Taking care of the patients. They do become part of your work family. Lunches

Cons

There are so many administrators and management. The managers have managers, they have so many people in supervisory roles 'checking' behind everyone, Example: lab monitor will look after lab staff, and go over monthly lab paperwork and sign off on it. Then that lab monitors paperwork that he signed off on, has be to checked by someone else also. This is across the board in each dept, front desk, lab, MA, nurses. On the flip side, they resist in hiring enough front line staff for all departments. It is always busy, busy!! On top of the front line staff doing constant running to maintain patient flow, there are endless reports that each dept must run that are extremely time consuming. They don't give you enough time in the day to get everything completed but frown on overtime. Also, FCS is famous for designing limited work spaces to grow into. Maybe this is intentional. (can't hire more staff, there's no where to put them -mentality)

Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Response

We continuously strive to create a dynamic and effective work environment where all team members can provide meaningful contributions and maximize their potential. We are disappointed to learn that you were displeased with your experience.

5. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

RN

Jan 25, 2023 - Registered Nurse in Tampa, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Hours, patients are so great, location , encouragement to promoting within company

Cons

Staff to patient ratio. Need more nurse PRN nurses

Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Response

We continue striving to achieve our goal of ensuring that FCS is a great place to work. The entire healthcare industry across the U.S. is experiencing an unprecedented staff shortage at this time, and that has put a strain on all providers, including FCS. We are continuing to deploy creative strategies to ensure that we are attracting and retaining the talent that we need to ensure we have ample staffing and coverage. Thank you for you feedback - we are delighted that you have chosen to grow your career with us.

6. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Longevity means nothing…it’s that all mighty dollar!

Jan 1, 2023 - Registered Nurse
    Business Outlook

Pros

Large, stable company that is a part of an industry that will never downsize. Work schedules are pretty standard, yet there are mandatory overtime’s and early days around holidays when there are no physicians in office.

Cons

Corporation run by Physicians, and not actual management. This means that if a Doctor wants to leave early, then all treatments must be rescheduled, altered, or “sped up” to accommodate the Doctor and not the patient safety or need to complete treatments on a set schedule.

2 people found this review helpful

Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Response

Every FCS team member plays an important role in providing our patients with exceptional patient experience. We are disappointed to learn that there are things you are unhappy with in your current employment experience. Your input will assist us in our ongoing efforts to make improvements across the company – however, we strongly suggest you email us directly at FCSCommunications@FLCancer.com so that we may discuss your concerns in more detail.

7. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Micromanagement

Jan 26, 2023 - Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) in Fort Myers, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

The pay is average, but could be more since the cost of living has increased.

Cons

If you like working for a company that has favoritism and micromanaging, this is place for you. If you plan to continue your education, this place doesn’t support you in anyway. The benefits are not that great and you can’t take PTO at the last minute. You have to give weeks in advance notice. When it comes to vacation over the summer or holiday breaks they put out a spreadsheet and you put in for the days you want off, but it’s not guaranteed. It’s not a fun place to work!!!

Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Response

We regularly conduct comprehensive market assessments of our pay structures and benefits and make adjustments when necessary to ensure that we pay our team members appropriately and equitably and provide ample opportunities for advancement.

8. 4.0
    Current Employee

oncology nurse practitioner

Jan 14, 2023 - Nurse Practitioner
    Business Outlook

Pros

great company to work for.

Cons

I wish we offered urgent care services for patients

Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Response

We are delighted that you have chosen to grow your career with FCS. Thank you for your hard work, dedication and commitment to our FCS mission of providing world-class cancer care in our communities.

9. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Cma

Jan 26, 2023 - Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) in Sarasota, FL
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great crew and patient care

Cons

Management stressed out. Not enough training.

Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Response

We are disappointed to learn that you were unhappy with your employment experience. We will consider the input you have shared as we continue to make improvements across our fast-growing company.

10. 3.0
    Former Employee

Lasted 3 months

Jan 24, 2023 - Medical Assistant
    Business Outlook

Pros

Flexibility when it came to my family needs

Cons

Lack of consistency when it came to training

Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Response

We are disappointed to learn that you were unhappy with your employment experience. The input you have shared will assist us in our ongoing efforts to make improvements across the company.

11. 4.0
    Current Employee

Good company to work for

Jan 1, 2023 - Procurement Agent
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Pay Good Benefits Good

Cons

No remote work in my dept.

Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Response

We encourage all FCS team members to take advantage of the many resources we make available to support physical, mental and emotional well-being. We are pleased to learn that you find these benefits helpful.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 284 Reviews
</>Embed

Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Reviews FAQs

Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute has an overall rating of 3.4 out of 5, based on over 292 reviews left anonymously by employees. 52% of employees would recommend working at Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute to a friend and 60% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 1% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute. This rating has decreased by -3% over the last 12 months.

52% of Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute to be career development, coworkers, benefits and the cons to be culture, compensation, management.

Popular Careers with Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute? Share Your Experiences

Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute logo

Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Careers

Cover image for Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute

At Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute, we believe that every patient deserves access to exceptional cancer care, close to...More

• Our Team
  • Our Reputation
  • Testimonials

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

4 days ago

Careers
Why did our physicians join the Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute practice? For many reasons: To make a difference in patients' lives. For the plethora of opportunities available in research and clinical trials. To have access to the most advanced treatments. To be able to provide outstanding care to patients in their local communities. The list goes on. Learn more about how you can build your physician career at FCS by watching the video below:
Build your Physician Career at Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute
youtu.be

21 days ago

Diversity and Inclusion
FCS is pleased to be recognized as one of America's Greatest Workplaces 2023 for Diversity by Newsweek! This honor was determined in cooperation with Plant-A Insights Group, who conducted a large-scale, independent study. The study included a survey with 389,000 company reviews by employees who work for companies with at least 1,000 employees in the United States. To learn more or to see the complete list of honorees, use the below link.
Shared image - America's Greatest Workplaces 2023 for Diversity
America's Greatest Workplaces 2023 for Diversity
www.newsweek.com

Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute Photos

+ Add Photo
Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute photo of: A photo-op with a bald eagle at our Annual Operations Meeting (2022)
Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute photo of: Some of our Senior Leadership / Executive Board Members at the 2022 Annual Operations Meeting
Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute photo of: A surprise visit from Mila the Sloth at our 2022 Annual Operations Meeting!
Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute photo of: FCS employees enjoying some team-bonding at our Annual Operations Meeting (2022)
Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute photo of: Team members collaborating during our 2022 Annual Operations Meeting
Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute photo of: Chaunte Lowe, four-time Olympian, was the keynote speaker at our 2022 Annual Operations Meeting
Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute photo of: Captain Fear, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' mascot, made a special appearance to our Tampa Cancer Center, bringing joy to our patients and staff!

Expert Career Advice

Moffitt Cancer Center Logo
Moffitt Cancer Center

3.9

Compare

Glassdoor has 292 Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute reviews submitted anonymously by Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Florida Cancer Specialists & Research Institute is right for you.