Florida Coastal School of Law Reviews | Glassdoor

CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Pros and Cons"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Florida Coastal School of Law full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Colleagues very welcoming, helpful and generally just wonderful. School is very family friendly and understanding when it comes to typical working parent challenges.

Cons

Due to a financial situation with a sister school, there have been a lot of budget cuts and lay-offs and our 401K benefit has been taken away. That has lead to a lot of rumors going around about the overall stability of the school. Management says the school is fine and we won't be closing but enrollment is down and those of us that are still here are asked to take on more responsibilities without an increase in pay. There has also been no mention of when/if we will get our 401K benefit reinstated any time soon. The parent company, InfiLaw, seems to be more concerned about revenue and cutting costs, than taking care of staff, faculty and students.

Advice to Management

You created a charter, which you preach to staff, faculty and students however you don't live by it on a day-to-day basis. Hold the right people accountable for the situation we're in, not the people that work hard, for you, every day.

"Assistant director"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Florida Coastal School of Law full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice atmosphere and dedicated coworkers

Cons

Instability. Layoffs have resulted in remaining employees taking over the job responsibilities of two or three former employees

Advice to Management

Pay current loyal employees what they are worth verses filling in with contract and temp employees who do not possess the skills or interest in the company's mission.

"Management could be a bit better with employee relations, but overall good place to work"

Current Employee - Career Counselor in Jacksonville, FL
    Current Employee - Career Counselor in Jacksonville, FL

Pros

The company provides good salaries, good benefits

Cons

The managers need more leadership training.