Florida SouthWestern State College Coordinator Reviews | Glassdoor

Florida SouthWestern State College Coordinator Reviews

Updated Feb 27, 2019

3.8
Florida SouthWestern State College President Dr. Jeffery S. Allbritten (no image)
Dr. Jeffery S. Allbritten
0 Rating
  1. Featured Review

"Great place, good people"

Current Employee - Coordinator

I have been working at Florida SouthWestern State College full-time for more than a year

Pros

Love working at the college and helping students. Enjoy upper management and the team I work with. Office staff are fun and supportive.

Cons

Wish we had what similar Florida College's offer , for sick pools / FMLA paid leave ,etc.

Florida SouthWestern State College2019-02-27
  2. "Pretty Good"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Florida SouthWestern State College full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at FSW. My staff of three was a great group of people and they worked really hard for the benefit of the college. They were extremely professional and supportive of each other and the individuals they served. Work-life balance was really good. I would periodically stay late, but it was not required of me. Some of the benefits include 2 weeks off at Christmas, a week for spring break, the usual federal holidays and my work days ended at 4:30 pm. Overall a good experience.

Cons

I wish I had gotten to know more of the people on the campus and had the opportunity to interact with the VP for my area.

Advice to Management

Onward and upward, keep up the good work, and I wish you much success as you move forward with the athletic arena.

Florida SouthWestern State College2016-02-01
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

"Coordinator"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Florida SouthWestern State College full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Dedicated staff who care about student success and degree completion.

Cons

Hostile environment, fear factor and down mean spirited people.

Advice to Management

I retired from FSW, during my years I saw many changes; some good some bad. The administration is very detached and doesn’t understand what staff does and doesn’t appear to care. Staff are the most important part of the foundation of the college. If it weren’t for them there would be no students which means no faculty, etc., etc. There are many hard working dedicated people at the college who are under appreciated and the morale weighs heavily on over worked underpaid staff. Now, the push is athletics to boost enrollment and provide campus involvement; especially for the student population. There continues to be politics and back stabbing on all levels (which is in every workforce) but it’s destructive when trusting and being able to work in a healthy environment. I worked at the college every day and felt like you were waiting for the other shoe to drop. They don’t care about longevity or dedication with employees. Their favorite comment is, “the college is going in a different direction and your services are no longer needed” off you go. Agree, this happens in every work environment but it’s the way it’s handled that’s disturbing to me. They have lost some good people due to politics and just plain meanness. I’m so grateful and thankful that I was able to retire when I could and did. Finally, I’ve been in higher education well over 35 years and if you were to ask me if FSW is any different than any of the other colleges I’ve worked at I’d have to say, “not really.” I’m not trying to “bash” the college but trying to be honest in my insight and experience so when determining a working environment you can decide. There is no “perfect” work environment but it sure does help when there is support and appreciation from the upper directors, deans, VPs and the president. Not just in words but in actions. Actions speak volumes to the people who work hard to make YOU look good! ​

Florida SouthWestern State College2017-05-17