KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Florida SouthWestern State College

Is this your company?

Florida SouthWestern State College

Add a Review

Florida SouthWestern State College Employee Reviews about "beautiful campus"

Updated Jul 14, 2020

Found 7 of over 64 reviews

3.6
Florida SouthWestern State College President Dr. Jeffery S. Allbritten (no image)
Dr. Jeffery S. Allbritten
Pros
  • "I cannot say enough great things about FSW(in 7 reviews)

• "Great staff and colleagues, beautiful campus, student focused, great leadership(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "increase in pay(in 2 reviews)

• "Room for growth, in my position specifically, was a little stagnant(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "beautiful campus"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great

Mar 14, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

- cultivation of career growth - friendly and knowledgeable administration - beautiful campus

Cons

- salary increases are not based on performance but based on state dollars available

Florida SouthWestern State College Response

Hr Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing such positive feedback and for ranking us a "5 - star" employer! You make a fair observation regarding salary increases and if you have any ideas you'd like to share with us regarding that issue or any other issue, please feel free to visit us in HR to share your thoughts and ideas. We enjoy hearing from employees. Kathleen Hayes, HR Mgr., Talent Acquisition

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

The best place I have ever worked!

Jul 14, 2020 - Colleague in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere, especially when fall/spring semesters are in session. The campus is beautiful and well kept. Colleagues were so friendly and a pleasure to work with everyday. Communication among departments was seamless and the campus has implemented multiple safety precautions that made me feel comfortable to show up to work everyday. I cannot say enough great things about FSW!

Cons

Room for growth, in my position specifically, was a little stagnant. Pay is decent for the job but the benefits are what make this place worth it. Campus is practically empty during summer, but that is inevitable - just wanted to make a note of it.

3. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

A Lovely College

Mar 16, 2017 - Research
      Business Outlook

Pros

The main Lee campus is beautiful, with many trees and a lot of lakes full of turtles. It is relatively quiet, though there are plenty of events if one would like to attend. Currently, there is a nice Farmer's Market on Fridays. The food at the on campus cafeteria is good. Staff are friendly. Recently remodeled buildings.

Cons

It is located in Florida, which can be a challenging place for higher education. Some long-time employees were recently dismissed and it is unclear why. Things like that can be hard on moral for existing employees.

Florida SouthWestern State College Response

Hr Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your comments. It's always a pleasure to hear the "pro" comments yet we value the "cons" just as much. Since we believe there is always room for improvement, the "cons" are what helps us focus on areas that may need improving. I invite you to meet with me at your convenience if you would like to further discuss any concerns. Kathleen Hayes, HR Mgr. Talent Acquisition, Human Resources.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Adjunct instructor

Jan 25, 2016 - Adjunct Instructor in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great staff and colleagues, beautiful campus, student focused, great leadership

Cons

No cons....difficult to get a full time instructor position, even with a doctorate degree and being a part time employee

5. 1.0
      Former Employee

Don't let the beautiful campus fool you, this place is a circus!

Feb 16, 2015 - Student Personnel Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beautiful campus, very green with ponds and fountains. I loved how the buildings blended in with the outdoors, especially when you can step outside of a classroom and enjoy the freshness of an afternoon downpour.

Cons

I accepted a job in personnel services under the impression that this school with a troubled history of questionable hiring practices and ineffective leadership at its highest levels had turned itself around with new administration and a new philosophy of making sure they have the right people in the best positions for others to succeed. None of that was true and its old problems were still pervasive from top to bottom: it's all about which butt you kiss because merit doesn't count for nothing there. My immediate supervisor had ZERO experience in the department that he had direct oversight of and my coworker also had absolutely no background in her area of practice either yet both were given free reign to do whatever they pleased. I, on the other hand, had to jump through hoop after hoop to do simple things essential to effectively doing my job. When I raised some concerns about questionable practices, they were never addressed and instead, I was reprimanded for insubordination because each of them were best buddies with the university VP all of us reported to. I tried to reach other administrative officials for help but not one phone call or email message was ever returned. Interdepartmental squabbling was everywhere with department directors blatantly sharing other directors "mishandlings" and "faux pas" not only amongst other staff members but with the STUDENTS as well, completely undermining the credibility and authority of all campus offices. You always had to walk on eggshells because like being arrested by the police, "everything said can and will be used against you." Oh and the work-life balance? Non-existent. If you work for them, you are required to show up wherever they tell you at whatever time they make it and most of these obligations, are made last minute with little notification given to you to make any sort of reasonable adjustments in respect to your so-called free-time. This was by far the worst run organization that I ever worked for, save your time and energy for a place that has direction because trust me, this school is stuck in the mud.

6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Job itself was great but politics are a constant nightmare

Apr 7, 2013 - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

passionate professors, expanding programs, beautiful campus, interesting students

Cons

political maneuvering of top administration was frustrating and constant distraction

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 1.0
      Former Employee

Racist Institution

May 18, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great students, Great professor, Beautiful campus!

Cons

This is the most racist institution I have been employed. The college administration seems to be proud of the racism that openly occur in its employment practices. So sad!

Viewing 1 - 7 of 7 English Reviews