KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Florida SouthWestern State College

Is this your company?

Florida SouthWestern State College

Add a Review

Florida SouthWestern State College Employee Reviews about "fsw"

Updated Jul 14, 2020

Found 8 of over 64 reviews

3.6
Florida SouthWestern State College President Dr. Jeffery S. Allbritten (no image)
Dr. Jeffery S. Allbritten
Pros
  • "I cannot say enough great things about FSW(in 7 reviews)

• "Great staff and colleagues, beautiful campus, student focused, great leadership(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "increase in pay(in 2 reviews)

• "Room for growth, in my position specifically, was a little stagnant(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "fsw"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Wonderful Place to Work

May 18, 2019 - Assistant Director
      Business Outlook

Pros

Working at FSW felt like working with family. I had the opportunity to grow throughout my tenure and loved all of the learning experiences along the way.

Cons

Honestly, no cons come to mind.

2. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

The best place I have ever worked!

Jul 14, 2020 - Colleague in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere, especially when fall/spring semesters are in session. The campus is beautiful and well kept. Colleagues were so friendly and a pleasure to work with everyday. Communication among departments was seamless and the campus has implemented multiple safety precautions that made me feel comfortable to show up to work everyday. I cannot say enough great things about FSW!

Cons

Room for growth, in my position specifically, was a little stagnant. Pay is decent for the job but the benefits are what make this place worth it. Campus is practically empty during summer, but that is inevitable - just wanted to make a note of it.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Pretty Good

Jan 31, 2016 - Coordinator in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at FSW. My staff of three was a great group of people and they worked really hard for the benefit of the college. They were extremely professional and supportive of each other and the individuals they served. Work-life balance was really good. I would periodically stay late, but it was not required of me. Some of the benefits include 2 weeks off at Christmas, a week for spring break, the usual federal holidays and my work days ended at 4:30 pm. Overall a good experience.

Cons

I wish I had gotten to know more of the people on the campus and had the opportunity to interact with the VP for my area.

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

FSW is a progressive state college that has it all: strong academic programs, sports, arts, and other cultural events.

Apr 14, 2017 - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Location, location, location. Working in the paradise of SWFL is amazing. No state taxes. Free employee health insurance. Great benefits. FSW is more organized than before. Offices such as HR, Advising, Financial Aid, and Bursar have some amazingly competent, talented, and thought leaders.

Cons

The Peter Principle can be an issue here. Learn to have Crucial Conversations by analyzing how to make various leadership styles feel SAFE. Find your lane and stay in it at FSW. Must show and know your worth FAST. Then, stand your ground.

Florida SouthWestern State College Response

Hr Manager, Talent Acquisition

We really value your feedback and are glad you recognize the many positive aspects of working at FSW. Your comments related to concerns and ways we could improve are of importance as well so I invite you to contact me if you would like to have further discussion. I can be reached at Ext. 11988 or khayes6@fsw.edu. Thank you, Kathleen Hayes HR Mgr. Talent Acquisition

5. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Assistant Course Designer

Dec 23, 2015 - Assistant Course Designer in Fort Myers, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The online department, where I worked, was excellent, but my ratings are an average of the college as a whole and the online department. What you get out of working at such a large institution is entirely dependent on which department you are working in as they tend to create their own microcosms that can vary significantly from department to department.

Cons

FSW was having some administrative issues around the time I was leaving, but I believe they've fixed this now. You must have a degree if you want room for continued growth in your position.

6. 5.0

A great place to grow!

Sep 29, 2016 -
      Business Outlook

Pros

FSW employs some of the friendliest and knowledgeable employees you could ever ask for! If you're looking for a company that offers a great work life balance, this is the place for you. The college likes to promote within, when possible.

Cons

Compensation is not on par with similar positions in the area.

1 person found this review helpful
    7. 4.0

Great place to work

Mar 15, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

FSW offers a beautiful workplace and encourages new ideas to meet the needs of our students and employees. Benefits and generous time off from work is enough to offset lower wages for this region.

Cons

Salaries are lower than market for my position.

Florida SouthWestern State College Response

Hr Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your comments. It's a pleasure to hear the good things about working here at FSW. We recognize there is always room for improvement so if you would like to further discuss the "con"cern you shared above, we'd like to hear from you. Feel free to contact us in Human Resources. Kathleen Hayes, HR Mgr., Talent Acquisition

8. 4.0

Valued

Mar 7, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

FSW is an institution where your work and effort are valued, contributions to the team are encouraged and welcomed and work life balance is spot on. Growth and cross training is encouraged. State Benefits are a plus.

Cons

Increased pay is limited to state budgetary constraints rather than performance.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews