Florida SouthWestern State College "fsw" Reviews | Glassdoor

Florida SouthWestern State College Employee Reviews about "fsw"

Updated May 18, 2019

3.9
Florida SouthWestern State College President Dr. Jeffery S. Allbritten (no image)
Dr. Jeffery S. Allbritten
Pros
  • "Working at FSW felt like working with family(in 6 reviews)

• "Great staff and colleagues, beautiful campus, student focused, great leadership(in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • "(in 3 reviews)

• "(in 2 reviews)

Reviews about "fsw"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Wonderful Place to Work"

Former Employee - Assistant Director

I worked at Florida SouthWestern State College full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Working at FSW felt like working with family. I had the opportunity to grow throughout my tenure and loved all of the learning experiences along the way.

Cons

Honestly, no cons come to mind.

Florida SouthWestern State College2019-05-18
  2. "FSW is a progressive state college that has it all: strong academic programs, sports, arts, and other cultural events."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at Florida SouthWestern State College full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Location, location, location. Working in the paradise of SWFL is amazing. No state taxes. Free employee health insurance. Great benefits. FSW is more organized than before. Offices such as HR, Advising, Financial Aid, and Bursar have some amazingly competent, talented, and thought leaders.

Cons

The Peter Principle can be an issue here. Learn to have Crucial Conversations by analyzing how to make various leadership styles feel SAFE. Find your lane and stay in it at FSW. Must show and know your worth FAST. Then, stand your ground.

Advice to Management

Don't miss the forest for the trees. Respect and appreciation goes so much further than a dollar ever will. Work hard to recognize TRUE loyal dedicated contributors to the success of the College.

Florida SouthWestern State College2017-04-14
  3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at Florida SouthWestern State College full-time

Pros

FSW offers a beautiful workplace and encourages new ideas to meet the needs of our students and employees. Benefits and generous time off from work is enough to offset lower wages for this region.

Cons

Salaries are lower than market for my position.

Advice to Management

Upper management should be more visible to employees by walking around campus more.

Florida SouthWestern State College2017-03-15
  4. "Valued"

I have been working at Florida SouthWestern State College full-time

Pros

FSW is an institution where your work and effort are valued, contributions to the team are encouraged and welcomed and work life balance is spot on. Growth and cross training is encouraged. State Benefits are a plus.

Cons

Increased pay is limited to state budgetary constraints rather than performance.

Florida SouthWestern State College2017-03-07
  5. "A great place to grow!"

I have been working at Florida SouthWestern State College

Pros

FSW employs some of the friendliest and knowledgeable employees you could ever ask for! If you're looking for a company that offers a great work life balance, this is the place for you. The college likes to promote within, when possible.

Cons

Compensation is not on par with similar positions in the area.

Advice to Management

Adopt a more customer focused mentality.

Florida SouthWestern State College2016-09-29
  6. "Pretty Good"

Former Employee - Coordinator in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Florida SouthWestern State College full-time for less than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at FSW. My staff of three was a great group of people and they worked really hard for the benefit of the college. They were extremely professional and supportive of each other and the individuals they served. Work-life balance was really good. I would periodically stay late, but it was not required of me. Some of the benefits include 2 weeks off at Christmas, a week for spring break, the... usual federal holidays and my work days ended at 4:30 pm. Overall a good experience.

Cons

I wish I had gotten to know more of the people on the campus and had the opportunity to interact with the VP for my area.

Advice to Management

Onward and upward, keep up the good work, and I wish you much success as you move forward with the athletic arena.

Florida SouthWestern State College2016-02-01
  7. "Assistant Course Designer"

Former Employee - Assistant Course Designer in Fort Myers, FL

I worked at Florida SouthWestern State College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The online department, where I worked, was excellent, but my ratings are an average of the college as a whole and the online department. What you get out of working at such a large institution is entirely dependent on which department you are working in as they tend to create their own microcosms that can vary significantly from department to department.

Cons

FSW was having some administrative issues around the time I was leaving, but I believe they've fixed this now. You must have a degree if you want room for continued growth in your position.

Advice to Management

It's hard to give advice to upper management since it has completely changed since I was last there. Allowing more room for innovation could really help the college to grow not only in size but in rank.

Florida SouthWestern State College2015-12-23