KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Florida SouthWestern State College

Is this your company?

Florida SouthWestern State College

Add a Review

Florida SouthWestern State College Employee Reviews about "room for growth"

Updated Jul 14, 2020

Found 2 of over 64 reviews

3.6
Florida SouthWestern State College President Dr. Jeffery S. Allbritten (no image)
Dr. Jeffery S. Allbritten
Pros
  • "I cannot say enough great things about FSW(in 7 reviews)

• "Great staff and colleagues, beautiful campus, student focused, great leadership(in 7 reviews)

• Cons
  • "increase in pay(in 2 reviews)

• "Room for growth, in my position specifically, was a little stagnant(in 2 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "room for growth"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

The best place I have ever worked!

Jul 14, 2020 - Colleague in Fort Myers, FL
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great atmosphere, especially when fall/spring semesters are in session. The campus is beautiful and well kept. Colleagues were so friendly and a pleasure to work with everyday. Communication among departments was seamless and the campus has implemented multiple safety precautions that made me feel comfortable to show up to work everyday. I cannot say enough great things about FSW!

Cons

Room for growth, in my position specifically, was a little stagnant. Pay is decent for the job but the benefits are what make this place worth it. Campus is practically empty during summer, but that is inevitable - just wanted to make a note of it.

Continue reading

Feb 14, 2019 - Travel Specialist in Fort Myers, FL
      Recommend
      CEO Approval
      Business Outlook

Pros

Health insurance covered for employee but sucks for families

Cons

Do not have room for growth financially and promotion wise

Be the first to find this review helpful

Florida SouthWestern State College Response

Hr Manager, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your comments. Many people would agree with you that the cost of health insurance for families is a major concern for all employees and employers which is why we are fortunate to at least have the cost of employee coverage paid for by our employer. It is unfortunate that during your brief time with us, you were not made aware of growth opportunities at FSW. Last year, there were over 40 employees promoted within the college affording them new challenges and financial growth. Reclassification of positions and/or restructuring of departments often result in growth opportunities for employees so we encourage all employees to talk with their supervisors about professional development goals. We are always interested in suggestions for improvement so if you'd like to discuss any ideas you have, feel free to contact me in Human Resources at your convenience.

Viewing 1 - 2 of 2 English Reviews