Flowers Foods Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Flowers Foods President and CEO Allen L. Shiver
Allen L. Shiver

Pros
  • Good pay for the work you're doing (in 16 reviews)

• Good benefits, great potential long term career opportunities (in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • Long hours,minimal compensation for hard work (in 29 reviews)

• Long hours, no work-life balance, all employees are expendable (in 7 reviews)

1. "Engineer Mgmt,"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Flowers Foods (More than 10 years)

Pros

The used to care a bout there employees

Cons

ALL about the good old boy system,

Advice to Management

Needs a uion to get thing right

2. "Independent Operators bullied by Managment"

Current Employee - Independent Operator in Albuquerque, NM
    Current Employee - Independent Operator in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Flowers Foods full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

full time work at a fair wage to start

Cons

No communication, after some time passes Flowers reduces commisions and stale allowable

3. "Dishonest"

Former Employee - Distributor in Elm City, NC
    Former Employee - Distributor in Elm City, NC

I worked at Flowers Foods (Less than a year)

Pros

It's a job and a pay check that you will work your tale off for nothing more nothing less do not recommend

Cons

Dishonest management the only truth I got out of anybody was the distributors they were the only ones who would actually look me in the eye. It's pretty much a bait and hook type deal where they tell you your going to own your on biss hopping they can get you to sign a contract and lock you in there's no balance between home and work expect you to work 7 days a week no benefits what so ever. They even expect you to pay them to take vacation.

Advice to Management

Need more realistic views

"Not a true independent distributor"

Former Employee - Independent Distributor in Meridian, MS
    Former Employee - Independent Distributor in Meridian, MS

I worked at Flowers Foods (More than a year)

Pros

No good reason to become a distributor.

Cons

To much forced distribution. Long hours not worth the compensation.

Advice to Management

Independent distributors should truly be independent

"Dead End"

Former Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Sales Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Flowers Foods (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pros, Ha Ha! The top is too stupid, so I had job security. That's the only pro for working here.

Cons

Where to begin? This is a dead end job! Don't let anyone here tell you there's room for advancement, because there isn't. If there is, it's given to people that the top likes. Pure favoritism. The top has become too complacent, too stubborn, too self-centered that they do not care about the "ground troops". When you kill the roots of the tree, the tree will die!

Advice to Management

What happened to taking care of your employees? And I don't mean your corporate mindless dummy's. The people out in the trenches and the backbone of this company. The reason you're suffering is because you're using us a shields and blaming us for your failures, when you don't even look in the mirror. Remember, when you point a finger, there are 3 pointing back at you. Advice? Take care of the people who actually make you the money! Training. Not some dumb seminar, not some stupid video but some real SALES TRAINING. YOURE LOSING MONEY AND YOUR PEOPLE CANT TELL YOU WHY OR HOW TO MAKE YOU MONEY. We're mindless robots to do what you want us to do.

7. "Clerk"

Current Employee - Clerk in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Clerk in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Flowers Foods part-time

Pros

Discounts on products. No late nights.

Cons

Too many to list. Heavy work, most weekends, 30 minute lunch on a 9 hour shift, no breaks, all holidays

Advice to Management

Your turnover would be lower if you provide your employees with work/life balance

8. "Bad Company to work for"

Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA
    Former Employee - Route Sales Representative in Philadelphia, PA

I worked at Flowers Foods (More than 5 years)

Pros

They eventually figure it out. Eventually you get promised days off. Great if you like disorganization.
    Product delivery from the warehouse is usually on time.

Cons

Very very long hours. You are taken advantage of. Asked to do jobs that are not your responsibility.
    Not always having the tools to do the job properly. Never enough room in the dumpsters. Bathroom in depot left something to be desired.

Advice to Management

Don't ask your employees to do something you can't accomplish yourself. you guys should pay attention to what is going on in your depots.

9. "Production Technician"

Former Employee - Production Technician in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Production Technician in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Flowers Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good pay. Fairly easy work

Cons

No work-life balance. Expect to work every Saturday and Sunday. Very rude management, with no management skills from top down. Hot environments especially during summer. Treats employees like they're lesser than. Doesn't want to change after employees give them ways to change company culture and morale.

"If you want to give up your personal life to the greater good of making bread, THIS IS THE PLACE FOR YOU!"

Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Lenexa, KS
    Former Employee - Engineering Technician in Lenexa, KS

I worked at Flowers Foods full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The only aspect of my job that kept me at Flowers for so long, was my co-workers. We were a tightly knit group that worked well together. That is the only part of the job that made it hard to leave.

Cons

Nepotism. Over-management. Micro-management. Lack of communication, and above all else, you are made to feel small, unappreciated, and inferior. I have never been so depressed, or dissatisfied with my life as I was as a Flowers employee. Long story short, stay away. The grass is greener elsewhere.

Advice to Management

A pat on the back goes a long way.

"Made over $98,000 in Springfield Illinois! And I wish I never worked here."

Current Employee - Owner Operator Route Driver in Springfield, IL
    Current Employee - Owner Operator Route Driver in Springfield, IL

I have been working at Flowers Foods full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The money you make the first few months and the other route driver's. Besides that? Absolutely nothing!

Cons

I work for Butternut bread IBC for 13 years and made almost $60 a year. I actually made more money there off 60 and I do at almost $100 at flowers. I read about all the horror stories on here about chargebacks and that is absolutely 100% true! Currently I have not been paid in 6 weeks. Now I've been here 3 years and when I started they promise all of us the would. That's a lie!
    Just like somebody on here said, "Don't be fool!" It's an illusion, Mirage whatever you want to call it? Or the truth, a lie!
    They don't care at all about any of us it's all about the company making money that's it. So they'll get rid of you in a second to bring in somebody with zero experience. Because they'll get your route for nothing and all the increase in value from your hard work they will pocket it when they resell it for three times more than they sold it to you. So after working 90 to 105 hours plus 7 days a week I'm done. This is my last week. No money is worth that! And if anybody thinks that's not bad? That you can handle it? Please, just tried to do that for 3 years without missing a single day and then three years we'll see where you're at? If you still feel the same way after you haven't gotten paid for 6 weeks and still owe them $3900.00 and have to go atleast 4 to 5 more weeks without a pay check.

An to all owner operator route driver's, your family's and you deserve a lot better than this! I know mine did. I'm divorce now. Like I said no money is worth that..

Advice to Management

First, stop hiring Wonder management anywhere they are the worst!! No clue whatsoever! They are the variety Kings of the bread vendors! Remember Dollar Generals were Wonder accounts. They have had forever and they also love having Walgreens and CVS and all the Casey's! Good luck because most likely you be bankrupt. Well, maybe not because we paid for everything that's right.