Cover image for Flowserve

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Flowserve Employee Reviews about "good benefits"

Updated Oct 31, 2021

Found 89 of over 1K reviews

3.7
Flowserve President and CEO Scott Rowe
Scott Rowe

What people are saying about Flowserve

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about Flowserve? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with Flowserve employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Flowserve and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "good benefits"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 4.0

Solutions Engineer

Dec 5, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits from the company

Cons

Only dealing with pump if you are in pump division of this company

Flowserve Response

Talent Acquisition Advertising and Digital Marketing Specialist

We appreciate your feedback. Flowserve strives to provide competitive benefits for our employees and we are happy to hear you%E2%80%99re experiencing that in our engineering group!

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Operations

Oct 15, 2015 -  in Chesapeake, VA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Fairly good benefits package and income

Cons

Undergoing major changes; focus seems on non-US, non-Europe locations.

3. Join the Flowserve team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 8 years

Unfair

Aug 24, 2016 - HRIS Analyst in Irving, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Always projects 'forever learning' which is good. Benefits were good and company perks. Can learn a lot even though it's a lot of work involved.

Cons

Work life balance. Senior Management need to care about the people and quality work instead of numbers. Relax have fun.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

TOXIC/irresponsible

Aug 17, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Springville, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Benefits and paid time off are all they have to offer that is good. And if you're one of the favorites then you MAY get paid good for the job you do.

Cons

Drama in every single department. Everyone there gossips and acts like high schoolers. The HR department DOES NOTHING. All of the bosses and supervisors have favorites. People you train will get paid more than you. The favorites will get away with what you can't. VERY VERY toxic and unhealthy place to work. I have never experienced anything like it before.

1 person found this review helpful
  6. 4.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Overall pretty happy with the job

Oct 31, 2021 - CNC Machinist in Springville, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment. Good benefits and wages.

Cons

Supporting staff and management often don't feel like they care about timely or cost effective solutions.

7. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Short Term Mindset is Everything

Oct 10, 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Springville, UT
    Business Outlook

Pros

Three stars simply because of decent salary and good benefits. One star on everything else. Working conditions are good overall. Great people to work with as a whole.

Cons

The plant I worked at had a "banana curve" shipping line every month, year after year. It was not uncommon for 60-75% or so of the months shipments to go out in the last week of the month, sometimes even in the last few days. Lots of overtime for the shop, assembly, and shipping, then not much to do at the start of the next month and the process repeats itself, over and over and over again. Raises were not very good in my experience, and I had good reviews. Mine the last few years were only around 2%. For anyone thinking of working at Flowserve, all I can say is make sure you hire in at an acceptable salary, because if you hire in low thinking you will make it up on the annual reviews, you are likely to be disappointed. Bonus was nice and was occasionally substantial, but there is no guarantee of it. We got one for several years in a row, but also missed getting anything for several years in a row as well. Basically, just too much of an emphasis on short term results at the expense of everything else. In my experience, not much mattered except the monthly and quarterly shipping goals. Too much emphasis on putting fires out, rather than future fire prevention, if you catch my drift. And it was a high stress environment; often seemed like everything was rush, everything was an emergency. The constant stress of this "make it happen" mindset caused health issues for me, and I don't miss the company at all.

1 person found this review helpful
  8. 2.0

Burner

May 27, 2016 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have good benefits and cover some dental.

Cons

The union supports the company not the worker.

9. 4.0

flowserve

Aug 8, 2017 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- nice colleagues - good benefits like study possibility's - salary is ok

Cons

- big american company so the management can be little far from the work floor

10. 4.0

Good company

Feb 17, 2021 - Sales
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits and paid time off. Managment is good and focused on progression of employees

Cons

A bit disorganized. Lots of changes being made all the time

11. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 10 years

Good opportunities for product development and exposure to International standards.

Aug 17, 2012 - Design Engineer in Bangalore
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits and company policy

Cons

Bad Management, Policies not put into actions, Bad working enviornment

Viewing 1 - 10 of 89 Reviews
</>Embed

Popular Careers with Flowserve Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Flowserve? Share Your Experiences

Flowserve logo

Flowserve Careers

Cover image for Flowserve

Your Flowserve Career, Your Future in Motion. From producing clean drinking water to powering cities, our Purpose drives us to make the...More

• Our Values
  • Safety
  • Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
  • Benefits

Reviews by Job Title

Company Updates

32 days ago

Culture
For Teofilo, #Flowserve has been in his family as long as he remembers. His father worked at Flowserve for 40 years before Teofilo followed in his footsteps and joined the team 18 years ago. Teofilo finds his work compelling and challenging. “What I love about my job is to physically see the transformation of a raw piece, into a finished product that is able to exceed the expectations of the customer.” One of his favorite moments on the job was the 40th anniversary celebration of Flowserve’s Marcianise Site. Families were encouraged to come and visit the company and after Teofilo finished giving tours he said his son told him “Dad, I'm proud of you.” That day he realized that he had taken the right path and that Flowserve would be his future. Teofilo says he is inspired to come into work every day because of “the awareness that in my own small way I am doing something to make the world a better place.”
Shared image - Apply to an open role and join the Flowserve family!
Apply to an open role and join the Flowserve family!
flowservecareers.com

70 days ago

Culture
Jayce started his #Flowserve career at just 16-years-old when he joined his high school’s co-op program. He joined Flowserve full-time once he graduated and continues to build his expertise in machining. Mastering new challenges each day has inspired Jayce to grow in his career with Flowserve. He recently transitioned from machining to a role in maintenance. “What keeps me going each day is the challenge of something new. I get to create new parts, simplify how we make parts, and figure out how to improve the tools we use. As a machinist, I worked on setting up tooling for all the jobs that are run with my machines. Now that I am in maintenance, my job is to make sure our machines are capable of what they need to do.” Jayce serves as a backup lead on-site to a large team. He credits the mentors at his facility with helping him build his work ethic and always has fun with the group he works with.
Shared image - Learn More About Our Team

GE

3.9

17,352 Reviews
Compare

Glassdoor has 1,291 Flowserve reviews submitted anonymously by Flowserve employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Flowserve is right for you.