Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services Reviews | Glassdoor

Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services Reviews

Full-timePart-time

3.1
Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services MD, President Daniel J. Eichenberger
Daniel J. Eichenberger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Rn staff"

Current Employee - Staff RN in New Albany, IN

I have been working at Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Friendly teamwork pros five words

Cons

None lower or ratio duh

Advice to Management

Lower the ratio of pts to nurses

2. "Medical Office Team Lead"

Current Employee - Receptionist/Secretary in Floyds Knobs, IN
    Current Employee - Receptionist/Secretary in Floyds Knobs, IN

I have been working at Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Friendly place to work, no weekends or holidays. Love my coworkers like family.

Cons

Long hours, can be stressful sometimes,

Advice to Management

Recognize the little people more they are who makes your company run smooth

3. "Labor and deliver nurse"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in New Albany, IN
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in New Albany, IN

I have been working at Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services part-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Love the people and environment

Cons

Not important enough to comment

4. "Excellent opportunity for hospitalist."

Current Employee - Hospitalist in New Albany, IN
    Current Employee - Hospitalist in New Albany, IN

I have been working at Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Friendly staff and camaraderie. Nice core group of hospitalist doctors and nurses who work together. Hospitalist director willing to accommodate as much as possible.

Cons

Long hours per day. Typical shift lasts from 7am-7 or 8pm. Difficult to finish early. Computer system is not efficient at all.

Advice to Management

Employee more APRNs to cover admissions after 12 noon.

"There's nothing good to say."

Current Employee - Environmental Aid in New Albany, IN
    Current Employee - Environmental Aid in New Albany, IN

Pros

Depending on the people you get stuck with it can be alright. Other than that there really isn't anything positive to say abut this place. I've been working there for years and have been searching for work since I started.

Cons

Constant belittling, get used to threats, bullying, unfair treatment/favoritism. Awful pay plus zero organization. One of the worst things I would say they do is that they share personal information about their employees.

"Ok for a while"

Former Employee - Unit Secretary in New Albany, IN
    Former Employee - Unit Secretary in New Albany, IN

I worked at Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of training, and everyone is very nice. Able to volunteer for extra hours!

Cons

If you are within your 90 days, and something bad happens, you will be out of a job! I missed only two days because my son was hospitalized with pneumonia, and they fired me for it.

Advice to Management

Understand that life happens! I was never late, and never missed a single day until the last week of my 90 day period. I volunteered constantly to pick up where other people had missed, and I still got let go! I loved that job.

7. "Food & Hospitality - Server"

Former Employee - Server in New Albany, IN
    Former Employee - Server in New Albany, IN

I worked at Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible PRN schedule for students; you can work full time during breaks and PRN during the school year. But like most hospitals, you will end up working some holidays.

Cons

Physically demanding job. I mostly worked position 16, which consisted of running the morning tray line and washing dishes in THE DISH PIT. Nasty, Gross, smelly. I saw people who had been working there for decades get fired and treated like crap.

Advice to Management

Value your employees who have stuck around. They have invested years and years in that hospital, and they deserve to get some decent raises and bonuses and be treated with respect all of the time.

8. "Floyd"

Current Employee - Nurse Tech in New Albany, IN
    Current Employee - Nurse Tech in New Albany, IN

Pros

Lots of opportunity for advancement within the hospital with on the job training, fairly decent benefits, good discounts in the community to employee's

Cons

Hiring process takes far too long, minimum staffing all the time, upper management changes too often

Advice to Management

Sell, the county has mentioned selling more times than most of us can count and it would be a great idea to sell to a large hospital network that could bring in more innovative ideas.

"Hospital is going downhill"

Current Employee - CNA in New Albany, IN
    Current Employee - CNA in New Albany, IN

Pros

overall friendly staff, decent benefits including healthcare and retirement. People are willing to help other people when they can.

Cons

Cutting back benefits and weekend/shift differentials, closed cafeteria on night shift, higher management is hidden in their offices and have no idea what is happening with actual patient care, favoritism, and constant threats of pay cuts due to their inability to work a budget, also high patient loads and poor triage

Advice to Management

employee benefits and happiness is not where you want to cut corners while working budget issues

10. "A good independent hospital to work for."

Current Employee - Staff RN in New Albany, IN

I have been working at Floyd Memorial Hospital and Health Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The vast majority of employees are very friendly and easy to work with. Upper management really does seem to care and the hospital has a lot of perks and benefits for it's employees.

Cons

It is one of the few independent hospitals left which also means that there is always financial issues having to be addressed. The pay tends to be a bit lower than across the river although the benefits are good. The nurse to patient ratio can be a bit high.