Fluidigm Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
Chris Linthwaite

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Used to be a fun company to work at but now management are simply pushing good people out (in 4 reviews)

• I never had an manager who focused on my career growth and opportunities (in 2 reviews)

1. "Constantly changing to the better"

Current Employee - Manufacturing QC in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Manufacturing QC in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Fluidigm full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Always evolving, always changing, so a lot of room to grow and learn new things.

Cons

Due to turnover, sometimes workload can increase dramatically without acknowledgement to the person doing all the work.

Advice to Management

Reward the little guys.

"Doesn't matter"

I worked at Fluidigm (More than a year)

Pros

None the company SUCKS, horrible NEW CEO

Cons

Nothing, all back stabbing, trying to hurt everyone around them instead of focusing on the sinking ship. If you are thinking of coming to here think twice, DO NOT COME YOU WILL NOT HAVE A JOB IN A YEAR

Advice to Management

Get out of your office and make sure your people are ok. You don't care about anyone especially the CEO Chris is the worst CEO I have ever known. He has been with the company a year and did nothing. The past CEO would have turned this around. Chris why don't you send out a message on how you helped this company. You are a weird and should be let go like the past CEO was. I hope the Board is reading all these negative comments

3. "Fluidigm is dead to me"

Former Employee - Senior Manager
    Former Employee - Senior Manager

I worked at Fluidigm full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing stood out for me as I regret ever joining this company. I left as quickly as I could. Only join if you're unemployed or don't care for your well being and work life balance.

Cons

Worst company to work for a human being. Even worst management even after I heard original executive team left. Work culture is sad as everyone's has a dead look on their faces. Bad politics at senior level and they can never make a decision. No professional/career growth. They only make false promises with people at the time of interview and once you are in with one year bond you will start feeling cheated. Everything they tell you are all lies. Unrealistic and unfair work expectations for managers.

Advice to Management

Do your research before joining. Don't get trapped.

"The good old days"

Pros

Everyone is pretty friendly and you can work from home when you want to. Pretty flexible work environment where people can't compare and complain.
    I guess the view and logo is pretty?

Cons

Management barks orders around, doesn't have clear strategy nor do they communicate at all. No clear communications to employees and keeps all the dirty hidden secrets to themselves. They also DO NOT take responsibility for their mistakes and ultimately always put blame and ping the mistakes onto people beneath them. Used to be a fun company to work at but now management are simply pushing good people out.

Advice to Management

Maybe treat people with more respect and don't ever treat them like trash or second class citizens.

"I want to inform you that this company is an internal mess"

I worked at Fluidigm (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule
    People can come and go as you please
    I loved my 10-4 work hours. No body notices what we all do.

Cons

Greetings Fluidigmers, I want to inform you with my experience working here. I never feel included in anyway possible from one team to the next. If you are not an alcoholic, you will never fit in here. I was promised many opportunities if I received a higher degree from one manager to another, however I never received anything. Now I hear fluidigm hiring the role that I fought for. I never had an manager who focused on my career growth and opportunities. When I resigned with the company, my team members did not care at all. There are too many high school groups here especially within the hr and marketing department. everyone stabs each other in the back to get ahead. In addition, when you work hard, you do not receive any recognition.

Advice to Management

Treat others with respect

"poor choices in hiring these department teams"

Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager
    Former Employee - Regional Sales Manager

I worked at Fluidigm full-time

Pros

used to be good hardworking people but HR and upper long term veterans management fired everyone who would have done anything for this company. they've drove everyone to quit and leave. used to be the promise of a good future striving for a better tomorrow

Cons

Finance: worst choice to have AP in Singapore where payments are never paid on a timely manner and lack of responsive. please work on your English writing skills as they confuse customers. Don't expect to email or call them as they do not have a phone number to yell at. too old fashion.
    Sales Administration Team- admins or gossips? elderly group of women who confuses their own sales managers and can never get an sales order in properly. when their sales managers come visit, all they want to do is take us out to drink or gossip to us about who got fired. they laid off the most experienced supervisor and kept someone who asks crazy amount of questions to confuse you even more. they are not up to date with systems.
    don't get me wrong, kind old ladies this bunch needs to retire or switch jobs as a gossip columnists. hey, at least, they'll get paid more right?

Advice to Management

invest in better people
    learn to interview better managers

"Company in a downward spiral"

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Fluidigm full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The technology for single-cell, qPCR, and mass cytometry is solid. They compensate well. Benefits are average. Their logo is cool?

Cons

Previous leadership team made some bad decisions, and the current leadership team has a poor/ mis-guided game plan to get the company back on track. Lot of turnover with layoffs and good people leaving, which leads to a lot of pressure on the remaining people to perform. And most of the remaining people are in roles for which they are not qualified. High stress. Chaotic at the end of a quarter. Boys club. Lack of vision.

Advice to Management

No advice to management. But, advice to candidates... Do some homework on the leadership team, read the transcripts from their earnings calls, ask the tough questions, like 'what is the future of the company,' take note of the volume of Glassdoor reviews over the past year, and research the markets they are trying to penetrate.

"Know the Truth"

I worked at Fluidigm full-time

Pros

nothing good comes to mind. sorry can't think of any

Cons

Bureaucratic; slow and large like the sinking ship Titanic. Very limited promotional potential for employees without higher degrees in the scientific discipline regardless of the department. Worst off is their muddy commissions. Do not expect anything from these people.

Advice to Management

diverse and include yourself. Talk to your people and hear them out.

"Circling the drain"

I worked at Fluidigm full-time

Pros

Relatively nice group of people working there

Cons

Serious financial trouble that I fear the company will not recover from.

Advice to Management

Sell to recover whatever little IP the company has

"This place was crazy"

Pros

World class technology, fun parties

Cons

Management (largely removed now) had terrible vision and really loved the smell of their own farts.

Advice to Management

N/A, they fired everyone.