Flyers Energy Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.6
Rick Teske

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Good company to work for"

I have been working at Flyers Energy full-time

Pros

They are an employee first focused company.

Cons

Pay scale and advancement structure could be better.

2. "Low pay & sub par benefits"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Auburn, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in North Auburn, CA

I have been working at Flyers Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

GYM
    Friendly people
    Conveniently located
    Burrito Fridays
    Flyers Cares Program for donations

Cons

Low pay.
    No vacation during first year of employment.
    Nit picking about time worked.
    Very cheap when it comes to getting things needed
    Have to work here 10 years to get 3 weeks of vacation
    Only 7 paid holidays. Usually the standard is 10-11 with a floating

Advice to Management

Management gets paid well, pass it on to the workers. Many people have found higher paying jobs since I've been here. I'm still looking for something better. The excuse for low pay is that the company is located in Auburn, and if we want more to go to Roseville. Doesn't make much sense to me. Its way more expensive to live in Auburn.

3. "Driver"

Former Employee - Driver
    Former Employee - Driver

I worked at Flyers Energy full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

None none None none none

Cons

Low pay
    No 401k
    Old trucks
    Non supportive management
    Very critical to drivers with 20+ yrs experience
    If you are an experienced driver do not work here.. lots of promises that never materialize. Bad leadership drove all the best employee away and the ones that are left will have no motivation to do the job.

Advice to Management

Treat your seasoned drivers with the respect they deserve based on experience and customer service.

4. "Supportive Family Owned Company"

I have been working at Flyers Energy full-time

Pros

More than anything else they allow for and support their employees' growth. They employ a lot of fantastic people and strive for a family style working environment.

Cons

Finding training can be difficult at times but there are resources available to help people learn if they reach out.

5. "Full-time employee"

Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Human Resources Specialist in Sacramento, CA

Pros

The sales and marketing team is wonderful. I don't know about other teams. I worked in HR for a little less than a year. I learned a lot. It is a good place, they are rapidly expanding, which is pretty intriguing. The pay was good, I got a few raises and title promo while here, which was nice. It was a good experience overall. Very pretty area geographically! The company has a unique history as well. Advice to candidates: seek to understand the role you apply for, get along with people, and enjoy the people. Oil & Energy is a great field and anyone would be lucky to gain experience here at Flyers (formerly called NELLA OIL).

Cons

At that time, not very clear career paths for high achievers, seemed a person would just get a job and have to stay in it for a long time. Good for some people, maybe not for everyone. High turnover for gas stations sometimes, which is normal. All station workers I ever recruited and met were extremely nice, but station work is a tough job that doesn't historically pay much (maybe Flyers pays more now in 2017?). The traffic from Sacramento Auburn and back, is bad during holiday weekends because Hwy 80 goes up to Tahoe (past Auburn, if driving from the Bay Area), so I recommend planning around it, easy enough. Expensive healthcare, but I think that's common everywhere.

Advice to Management

Be aware of the way leaders run their departments, it's just best practices. Make sure that competence and good results are rewarded. Take care of people as your company grows.

6. "Recruiter"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rocklin, CA

I worked at Flyers Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people to work with. Hard working people who care about the company. Long standing company in the area with lots of family members.

Cons

Management needs to be open to change and advice and try and move with the times.

7. "Success at Flyers is what you make of it."

I have been working at Flyers Energy full-time

Pros

I've worked for flyers for 9 years and I must say its what you make of it. If you are a self driven, passionate person thats a team player. You will succeed and grow. Flyers invests in there employees by providing training so you develop a deep understanding, coaching so you can be a better leader. They really do care about the people and they know if they invest in them they will gain big returns. It shows within there team members. If you are looking for a career and not just a job, this is the company. You will learn and get experience in a very stable industry with a strong company. Flyers been growing fast witch means there lots of opportunity for growth. So if your that self driven go get'ter. We want you! Come join the Flyers family.

Cons

Ok every company has there cons. The Heath benefits we now have a few plans we can choose from. They are expensive. The vacation time they really need to improve. 10 years to get 3 weeks is a long time.

Advice to Management

The CEO,CFO and COO has to be the best in the industry. They have a open door policy and really listens and includes the team members. Management- continue the leadership training it's really starting to show improvement.

8. "Great company"

Current Employee - Bobtail Driver in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Bobtail Driver in Reno, NV

I have been working at Flyers Energy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The managers in the Nevada branches are amazing to work for! The drivers get along very well and its a great team effort.

Cons

Medical insurance for the family could be better but in the current economy it's comparable.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! And recognize the little people who do big things for the company.

9. "Good company"

Former Employee - Cashier in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Cashier in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Flyers Energy part-time

Pros

The pay is great and is good company

Cons

The locations are a little skecty you have to we watch your back

10. "good for getting experience"

Pros

Is a lot of ove rtime,decent equipment to drive,managment listen to drivers steady hours and work nice working team. . . & d s d

Cons

Not enough pay for the high risk job

Advice to Management

Got to improve salary and benefits