KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Add a Review

Flywheel Reviews

Updated Apr 6, 2021

3.7
Flywheel Co-Founder and CEO Dusty Davidson (no image)
Dusty Davidson
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Better than you've heard - Flywheel is legit.

Jun 3, 2020 - Vice President of Sales in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Company culture is lived out through small decisions every day. The things you see about us in your social media channels doesn't tell half the story of how incredible this company really is. The leadership team is obsessed with our customers and our team and it shows through the building (well, right now the virtual world).

Cons

Sometimes our culture can be portrayed in away that doesn't show how sophisticated or strategic our organization is. You can't see this very well, but Flywheel is financially backed by one of the most successful private equity firms in the world and leads innovation in the Wordpress managed hosting space. BTW Wordpress is about 1/3 of the internet...

2. 2.0
    Former Employee, more than 3 years

Difficult Place to Grow

Oct 12, 2020 - Senior Account Executive in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Unlimited PTO Time off for Paternity Leave Good people working next to you

Cons

Poor Leadership Open to Diversity unless you have conservative view points Overworked and underpaid Unrealistic Goals Inability to handle criticism in leadership positions

4 people found this review helpful
  3. 5.0
    Former Employee, less than 1 year

Excellent across the board

Sep 14, 2020 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great people Great pay Great atmosphere Great leaders

Cons

5 word minimum. Honestly, nothing negative to share.

4. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Great place to work!

Jul 20, 2020 - Sales Representative in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

1. Supportive teammates 2. Flexible work schedule (with reasonable notice) 3. Growth opportunities

Cons

LOTS of changes (although I also view this as a pro - and it is expected with smaller companies that are growing

1 person found this review helpful
  5. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

It's the Disneyland of jobs.

Jun 16, 2020 - Sales in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Employee experience is so thoughtfully planned by our People Team. Great office, great pay, snacks are plentiful! Dog friendly. I work with people that enjoy working hard and creating amazing things.

Cons

With growth comes the need for more "corporate" processes. However, we are still a young company so you need to be someone who wants to be a part of solutions to enjoy your role here.

6. 5.0

Flywheel is Amazing!

Jun 25, 2020 - Sales Development Representative in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

The culture at Flywheel is something that you won’t find anywhere else. It is a rocket ship for company growth. You can be yourself and do the work you want to do.

Cons

Things change pretty frequently at Flywheel so if you aren’t easily adaptable to change it may not be the best fit for you.

7. 5.0

Fantastic Company that leads with intent; compassion; diversity & inclusion

Jun 16, 2020 - Account Executive in Omaha, NE
    Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive pay; competitive work environment. Caring and employee minded company. Flywheel management and owners care about health and safety of their employees, we are a great family and love to collaborate and work together towards common goals. Unlimited PTO, Great Benefits.

Cons

Salary could be slighly higher; but it's competitive

8. 1.0
    Current Employee

If in Sales, avoid at all costs

Jun 30, 2020 - Account Executive
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great PTO and benefits. They also give you your own laptop and most software expenses are covered for you! It seems like a happy place to work if you are on Support, Product, Marketing, or Engineering too. Also, Dusty is a fantastic CEO. He truly does care for his employees.

Cons

No support for Sales. You do not get a work-life balance. Other departments seem to run all over Sales and it feels like policies only change in order to make it worse for you to be in a "closing" role. If you are thinking about applying to be in sales at Flywheel I would not apply.

4 people found this review helpful
  9. 5.0
    Current Employee

Accelerating high growth and opportunity company

Jun 22, 2020 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Very intelligent co-workers, care about development, care about giving back to the community

Cons

Being able to adapt to change early on will help you greatly here as we are and always have been a fast-growing company with ambitious goals!

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Opportunities to grow with a fast growing company

Jun 19, 2020 - Sales Manager
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growth opportunity, Autonomy and trust, great teams

Cons

Growing at a pace that can cause friction, we figure a lot out as we go, acquired in 2019 added complexity to the business (but afforded opportunities as well)

Viewing 11 - 20 of 28 Reviews

Popular Careers with Flywheel Job Seekers

Product Manager
JobsSalariesInterviews
Sales Development Representative
Learn About the Job
Software Developer (Entry Level)
Director of Customer Experience