Foley Equipment (KS) Reviews in Kansas City, MO | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Foley Equipment (KS) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A lot of progressive changes have been made based on the feedback we have received in the past in regards to the interviewing and response process from the applicant standpoint. New initiatives allow us to give candidates feedback from their interviews within 5 business days. Large enough company to be stable but have maintained the family-oriented culture where ideas and changes are valued and embraced but more importantly, acted upon.

Cons

We don't often have openings in the larger market areas as much as we do in the more rural areas of our territory.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work and building an incredible company culture!

2. "Fantastic organization with huge growth potential."

Former Employee - Service Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Service Manager in Kansas City, MO

Pros

Company is open to fresh ideas and encourage employee suggestions. Mandatory training annually for techs and all management. Strong safety colture and they really do care about work life balance.

Cons

Foley has been a small company until a few years ago when they aquired two othe cat dealers within the region. With that small company mindset comes some simpleton ideoligy and some of the company benefits are lack luster. Foley needs to invest in facilities and tooling to be able to keep up with industry standards. Foley charges employees for required support equipment such as cell phones and company vehicles. These items are benefits at any other dealer.

Advice to Management

Upgrade and expand tooling as well as service trucks. Provide better starting wages to experienced technicians.

"Foley is a good company to work for"

Current Employee - Parts in Kansas City, MO
    Current Employee - Parts in Kansas City, MO

I have been working at Foley Equipment (KS) full-time

Pros

-Good healthcare
    -Get vacation your first year
    -Good people work there
    -Dynamics between departments tend to be very good (at least at my location)

Cons

-Management is lacking in some departments
    -Small amount of paid time off (if you have been there 5 years you have 10 days vacation and 3 sick days)
    -Very difficult to get cross trained in other areas of the business even within your department
    -Pay is low for comparable work elsewhere

Advice to Management

-Pay needs to be raised
    -Paid time off needs to go up
    -Implement some cross training procedures

"Great company with lots of opportunity"

Former Employee - Product Support Manager in Kansas City, MO
    Former Employee - Product Support Manager in Kansas City, MO

I worked at Foley Equipment (KS) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with everyday. Young and intelligent executive management team. Fair compensation and perks for the right skill set. Very invested in training. Great work-life balance. Great insurance plan. Personal touches from CEO and exec team that you don't see elsewhere. Strong brand to represent and to be proud of where you work.

Cons

No cons that I can think of at this time. Like I said, a great company with lots of opportunity.

Advice to Management

Stay close to all of the current employees like you do and you will have continued success beyond all of your competitors.