Foley Inside Sales Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Foley CEO Joel L. Sitak
Joel L. Sitak

Pros
  • Having a CEO who interacts with all the employees in the entire company makes for a much more positive work environment (in 10 reviews)

• Management and Upper management all the way to the top is involved in day to day activities and are consistently in the office showing you they care (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • The worst part as a sales rep is the constant tension of working with the customer service department (in 6 reviews)

• Overall, not much different than any growing company (in 5 reviews)

"Best place to work"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Foley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at Foley for a little over a month and I love my job...from Diana (recruiter) to Jason my manager, everyone is always willing to help. This is the first company I have seen where everyone want you to be successful. My co-workers are very motivated and positive and willing to help. The overall environment is very uplifting.....in my department, my manager is very positive which encourages us to be the same way. The benefits are great and I plan to stay here for a long time. Even upper management will stop by and ask how everything is going.

Cons

I honestly cannot think of anything at this point.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing..it is working.

2. "Great Sales Job"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Foley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I was hired several months ago into a new sales jobs. The initial training was fun and covered everything I needed to sell. Once I got out of training my supervisor Brian spent time with me on the phone helping me sell and really helped me close sales in my first month. From that point I've been getting better leads each month and my commissions continue to get better. The atmosphere and team work are really good.

Cons

Better cafeteria food would be appreciated. There aren't many options inside the building and the food in the machines isn't enough.

Advice to Management

Keep it going. The company is growing and I can a career for myself with the different level of sales teams we have in the company. I also hope the training continues.

3. "Its a good job to gain experience and sales skills"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Hartford, CT

Pros

Overall a pretty good place to work. The complete opposite of micro-managed, Salesman are always welcomed to take a break anytime they need one. The supervisors truly do care about you and your success. They will take the time to improve your skills. The company is adopting a "fun" culture which includes happy hour once a month and planning fun trips such as sky diving. The management cares about creating a fun environment so no one dreads coming to work in the morning. There is opportunity to make good money but its all about performance. they also offer a generous amount of paid time off too. Company is expected to grow a tremendous amount within the next couple years.

Cons

The clientele can be tough to work with. it can also be a tough job but that comes with any sales position. Do not take this position just because its a job, if your serious about sales, this is a great place to start. The industry is tough to learn as well.

Advice to Management

Raise the base pay for compliance sales. The Commission is right where it should be but we rely on our commission way to much to ever feel comfortable. Tough to go on vacation or take extended time off with only receiving the base pay. Right now Foley is a great stepping stone for the next big job when it has potential to be a career. Higher base pay would mean higher retention, which would lead to more product knowledge among the sales force, and in this industry would result in a LOT more sales.

4. "the truth"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Hartford, CT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Consultant in Hartford, CT

Pros

I have worked at foley for 4 years. in a sales capacity. during that time I have been exposes to limitless opportunity and have been treated with respect by fellow employees and management I have interacted with the factoring department and the numerous customers I have referred are very pleased. Foley is not only my employer they are my family, I recommend that anyone looking for opportunity. come apply for ajob.

Cons

I do not have any negative remarks to make about Foley. I wish that more employees understand the meaning of opportunity .If you treat Foley as if you owned your own company, the sky is the limit

Advice to Management

keep up the good marketing investments, keep offering opportunity and encourage employees to understand mutual respect and professionalism. please ask employees to step up and offer their ideas

"Its a trap! Modern day sweat shop."

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Foley full-time

Pros

They try to distract you with beer and wine every first Thursday, thinking you will forget about how much your job sucks.

Cons

I made some good money in the past, now its like the company is trying to sabotage the Factoring Department, We have a data base of old leads that's been called on from other departments in the company with the same phone number at least 6 different times, so when we decide to call all we receive is voice mail or someone who already has factoring. So the company decides to increase the metrics every other week now you have to make 100 calls and stay on the phone for 3.5 hours. Good luck! We also get our new leads late and our competitors already reached out to them and signed the potential customers up, plus our rates suck. This department is a sinking ship and company could care less about the Factoring Department. The Supervisor doesn't the intestinal fortitude to stand up for his team to leadership, he's the perfect puppet. Only take this job if you have no money coming in, if you have another opportunity with another employer 9 time out of ten you will be better off trust me, everyone hear is miserable.

Advice to Management

Follow through on your promises, listen to your employees. Increasing metrics is not going to solve anything if we are receiving our new leads late, and we need to be more aggressive on our rates.
    Flirting with a married woman a good part of week looks to be as favoritism, its noticeable through out the company. No reason for interviewing for supervisor role we know who get the job before its even posted.

Foley Response

Jul 13, 2016 – Marketing Copywriter

We’re sorry to hear about your frustrations on our sales floor. Sales is certainly not an easy job, and we recognize that it’s not well suited for everyone. However, by providing our reps with leads ... More

"I like it here!"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Foley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Growing company. They aren't just growing the sales force but also adding new products and services for us to sell.

Good atmosphere in a cool building

Cons

No real down sides. I am in Sales so it's all about sales performance.
    Good Performance = Good Money

Advice to Management

More Sales Contests and More Training Please

"Great job in a growing company"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Hartford, CT

I have been working at Foley full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I'm in sales and make more money than my friends. I received training and appreciate getting good sales leads. Our manager expects a lot from us but is fair and genuinely interested in my development. I started in an entry level position and within my first year have advanced two positions. Good work environment with a cool office. Ping pong and fooseball in the cafeteria. Managers keep me informed in the monthly employee meeting.

Cons

Can't think of much. Maybe more days off.

Advice to Management

Slow down the pace of change. At times its too fast to digest.

"Looking at an inside sales job posting? Beware."

Former Employee - Inside Sales in East Glastonbury, CT
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in East Glastonbury, CT

I worked at Foley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pleasant location; cafe downstairs for breakfast and lunch; free and proximate parking; nice building on the bus line and convenient for the many employees, especially from East Hartford, who do not have transportation.

Cons

If you are considering working in sales, beware: your future earnings are eroded by more than 50% due to cancels and non-payments. There is no cut-off date for commission reversals. Women beware: misogyny is the general tone of sales management. Find out what the percentage is of women in the sales departments - was less than a third. The inside sales department suffers from much higher attrition percentages than similar positions at other companies. Sales professionals can earn considerably more elsewhere. The daily dial quota is 200+. There are a handful of long-time inside sales reps; a few of these are bullies.
    Other departments chronically do not communicate the same information to customers as does the sales staff, leading to customer and sales staff confusion and frustration, diminished credibility and lost sales. And, this is in an environment where Foley tries to "own" the new carrier marketplace. For a clearer appreciation of the impact Foley has in its marketplace, read customers' reviews online. Then ask yourself; since much of what Foley is selling is a mandated purchase by DOT, why are so many customers, former customers and potential customers so upset with this company?
    Senior management's annual plan excludes critical components needed to successfully forecast anticipated growth - amateurish. The website for Foley Carrier is very light on content, burdened by too many "add-ons", difficult to navigate, will not load on certain landing pages and competes directly with the inside sales department. Middle management and HR personnel regularly ignore labor laws. You could be hired for one job (and you accept the job offer thinking that's the job you'll be doing) only to discover that you're in another position. Sales management at all levels is loose-lipped; they volunteered by name that a former salesperson left to serve time in jail. HR recordkeeping at the Glastonbury, CT Foley Carrier Services location is disorganized, HR staffers are marginalized, and the corporate office in MA is not responsive.
    Note: The mandatory new-hire urine test is conducted off the lobby by a Foley employee.

Advice to Management

Parent company BirdDog needs to clean house.

Foley Response

May 30, 2013 – Marketing Writer

We are sorry that your experience working at Foley Carrier Services was not positive. However, some of the claims made in this review are simply false: We are an equal opportunity employer, women ... More

9. "Good Environment"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative

Pros

15$ an hour plus 16% commission of sales

Cons

Supposed to make 100 calls a day and have 3 hours of talk time