Foley & Mansfield PLLP Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Legal Administrative Assistant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Foley & Mansfield PLLP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Foley & Mansfield has a very relaxed office feel while still being professional. Employees are educated, diverse, driven and really love what they are doing. Benefits and compensation are competitive. There is room for growth and hiring from within. There is respect, understanding and compassion given in both work and personal life situations. It would be hard to find a better company than Foley & Mansfield to...

Cons

I do not have any cons.

Advice to Management

N/A

Foley & Mansfield PLLP2018-09-20

"Wonderful place - understanding of family and life as well as individual needs of employees"

Current Employee - Paralegal

I have been working at Foley & Mansfield PLLP full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Been here the better part of a decade and really love the culture, the casual environment, and overall positive vibe. Every job is a mix of what you bring and what you make of it, so there are of course those who may not see the opportunities that Foley & Mansfield makes available to them. They recognize leaders and promote heavily from within, which shows their commitment to those who give as good as they get.

Cons

Need to keep consistent procedures across offices.

Foley & Mansfield PLLP2019-03-26

"Bad Culture & Hostile Work Environment"

Former Employee - Paralegal in Seattle, WA

I worked at Foley & Mansfield PLLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

I can only speak to the Seattle office - and can’t think of any pros. Despite being a national firm, their healthcare benefits are poor (only small portion of insurance premiums are firm paid, with high deductible plans & poor coverage). Their compensation is also on the low end.

Cons

I worked there for almost 2 years & it was a hell hole. The local firm “management” is a joke. If you’re one of the managing partner’s butt kissing “pets”, you’ll get special treatment & wont be required to adhere to firm policies; if you don’t butt kiss or socialize but simply work hard, you won’t be valued & will receive oppressive treatment. The Seattle office is very clique-ish & divided. It is also a hostile work...

Advice to Management

Despite F&M Minnesota HQ’s knowledge of their Seattle office’s hostile work environment & bad treatment of employees, nothing is ever done to change things. Many exit interviews have been given with complaints about Seattle’s management, environment & poor treatment of staff so it’s a well known fact. If management cares at all about retaining good employees, they need to pull their heads out & change the culture. Otherwise,...

Foley & Mansfield PLLP2019-03-16
  4. "Good atmosphere, family-like firm"

Current Employee - Paralegal in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Foley & Mansfield PLLP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Large national company with the feelings of a small tight-knit firm

Cons

Some politics play a part of the hierarchy

Foley & Mansfield PLLP2019-01-09
  5. "Attorney"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

I have been working at Foley & Mansfield PLLP full-time

Pros

At Foley & Mansfield we have access to the latest technology to aid us in practicing law and effectively using exhibits at trial. The firm does a great job of promoting people from within and providing opportunities to try cases, take on pro bono work and continue to learn about emerging legal issues.

Cons

The commute takes a bit longer to get downtown than I would like.

Foley & Mansfield PLLP2018-10-07

Foley & Mansfield PLLP Response

October 15, 2018Human Resources Generalist

We appreciate your perspective on what the firm is doing well! Thank you!

"Great Employer!"

Current Employee - Paralegal

I have been working at Foley & Mansfield PLLP full-time for more than 19 years

Pros

F&M is a wonderful place to work. There is a teamwork mentality and we support each other not only professionally but personally as well. The relaxed atmosphere and flexibility are two things that I value the most about working here. The pay and benefits are very competitive and you will not find a better group of people to work with.

Cons

No cons to report at this time.

Foley & Mansfield PLLP2018-10-02

"Great place to work!"

I have been working at Foley & Mansfield PLLP full-time for more than a year

Pros

The partners are easy to talk to and clear on what they want. Work is given to you if you ask. If you put yourself out there and want to do something, it is generally supported. Benefits are good.

Cons

Pay is generally less than other firms, but it has a great atmosphere and the people you work with are fantastic. There are politics within the firm that can be frustrating to deal with.

Foley & Mansfield PLLP2018-09-19

"Great employer"

I have been working at Foley & Mansfield PLLP full-time

Pros

F&M has great benefits, a fantastic PTO policy, and the work/life balance their employees are able to have exceeds expectations. All of the offices I'm familiar with have a relaxed atmosphere. If you show commitment to them, they will absolutely show commitment to you.

Cons

Pay is on the lower end of the scale, but I think that's getting better. Staff bonuses are kind of a joke.

Foley & Mansfield PLLP2018-09-25

"Fun, Diversity-Focused, Leader of Promotion of Women"

Current Employee - Of Counsel in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Foley & Mansfield PLLP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

FM has a transparent and fun relationship with its employees. It is award and focused on building on its diversity, promotion of women into leadership positions and public service projects.

Cons

FM can continue to think outside the box on billable hour/quality of life balance. Its billable hour requirements are in-line with the majority of firms, but I would love to see more alternatives to the billable hour life.

Advice to Management

Keep doing with your doing in terms of diversity, female leadership and public service. Please think about a sabbatical program; part-time work and what a reduce hour schedule could look like.

Foley & Mansfield PLLP2018-09-24

Foley & Mansfield PLLP Response

October 9, 2018Human Resources Generalist

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback! We will take your suggestions into consideration.

10. "Best Worplace"

Current Employee - Billing Specialist in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Foley & Mansfield PLLP full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedules, friendly atmosphere and a diverse group of people to work with.

Cons

It's located in the city, too much traffic!

Foley & Mansfield PLLP2018-09-21