Folica Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.5
Carl Gish

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Love working for Folica!!!"

I have been working at Folica (More than 5 years)

Pros

I am currently employed at Folica and have been for over 5 years now. Throughout my tenure, I have seen a great deal of turnover especially with upper management. Unfortunately, in the past we have had a lot of leaders who were self centered and cared only about their personal gain rather than what was best for the company. I see so many dishonest reviews here the past few months from previous employees. I am usually not one to write reviews, but wanted to make sure that Folica wasn’t getting an unfair reputation. Things have changed for the better since the new CEO has come on board this past October. We are all data driven and make smart business decisions. The company culture has changed for the better and we all get along really well. I actually enjoy coming to work for the first time in years. Everyone cares about the future of the company and it comes from the top. The new CEO is the first person that I have worked for at Folica that actually puts the company first. She cares about the products and Folica’s success and not just about her own personal gain or receiving bonuses. She is very passionate about Folica and it shows in her actions. Also, there is a lot of growth potential at Folica. I myself have grown both personally and professionally since joining the company. In any company, your personal experience is what you make of it.

Cons

A lot of turnover over the years, but for the better in most cases.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing and all our hard work will pay off in the future.

2. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Customer Service Supervisor in New York, NY

Pros

Folica is a great company to work for because once you are here you have the ability to improve and grow within your field. If you work hard and take your job serious you will get far in this company. The atmosphere within the company is very familial which is great because you can work with like-minded people who are working towards one goal and that is to make this company the best in the business. Great atmosphere, great benefits, great and understanding CEO; what else could you possibly need?

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind

"Company is going downhill...and fast"

Pros

Don't let the previous reviews fool you that state that Folica is a great place to work and there is growth potential since the new CEO came on board. I know first hand that the company is bringing in half of the revenue that it was a year or two ago. The new CEO is arrogant and she will bring the company down..mark my words. Upper management is obviously coercing their current employees to write positive reviews. What a joke.

Cons

None at all. Used to be a collaborative environment and great place to work!

"The future is bleak for Folica"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Folica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company was brought back from the brink of collapse by the resourcefulness, ingenuity, handwork and customer concentric culture fostered by the GM and the Directors. It was a very collaborative environment where employees where encourage to take ownership. Things were not perfect but progress was being made. After her departure in April 2014 everything went downhill.

Cons

The new CEO systematically dismantled every process, system, culture. values and relationship that Folica had built over 15 -20 years. She alienated the employees, and pushed many of them out to be replaced by her friends who had no experience in e-commerce. She is a very arrogant, irrational and unpredictable. She and her cohorts managed to shrink the company to half its value in less than a year. Revenue has continued to shrink month over month, brands and partners have abandoned Folica, customers base is shrinking, bills have been unpaid for months and employees are being laid off. Folica's future is bleak unless the board steps in to make major changes. This CEO has taken the company from the road to recovery to the road to bankruptcy.

Advice to Management

There is no point giving advice to those who refuse to listen and refuse to acknowledge the dire situation the company is in.

5. "Changes are happening and for the better."

Current Employee - NY - New York in New York, NY
    Current Employee - NY - New York in New York, NY

I have been working at Folica full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I've been at Folica for a long time now and the it's always been a fun, relaxed work atmosphere. The management team is available if you need them, and are understanding that there is a need for a work to personal life balance. They've always been open to me leaving early as needed as long as I stayed on top of my work.

Cons

Sometimes the amount of work that you get can be stressful but it's part of the game so I get it.

Advice to Management

Keep the lines of communication open and stay transparent with your teams.

"Was Good."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

I worked at Folica (More than 3 years)

Pros

I learned a lot in my time there but felt stifled in the last few months.

Cons

Pay is relatively low. No room for advancement or raises. Management changes the focus nearly every day and blames their poor decisions on its employees (past and present).

Advice to Management

Trust that your employees know what they are doing especially since they've been in the industry for some time.

"Complete Chaos"

Pros

A learning experience to know what I don't want in a job experience.

Cons

Upper management is continually changing. Layoffs are rampant. Head merchant is clueless.

Advice to Management

Take some classes in retail 101.

"Not what it used to be"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dayton, NJ

I worked at Folica full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

There are none anymore, other than a select group of employees which make the experience enjoyable.

Cons

Upper management is deceitful. Several have left the company since the arrival of the new CEO and those that remain are miserable. Many of the CEOs friends have since been hired. The outlook is not bright for this once thriving company.

Advice to Management

Learn to be honest with people in a respectful way. You will burn bridges within your professional network if you carry on this way.

"Another company outsources jobs"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Dayton, NJ

Pros

Prior to the new CEO taking over, the company was not a horrible place to work. Full time hours were offered, as well as health insurance

Cons

There is not one good thing I can really say here. CSRs are treated as non human pieces of equipment, exploited and underpaid. Employees who had no business keeping their jobs were the best paid, and given the best hours, there is not even a trace of consistency with policies, and best of all, the company lacks a true HR department. Towards the end of my employment, I felt singled out, and had my hours cut by a third. The business is run very unethically, from calling full time employees "part timers" to selling expired shampoo.

Advice to Management

Since management has decided to ship jobs off to God knows where, what sort of advice could I really offer?

"It was fun"

I worked at Folica full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The employee and staff were the best to work with. Everyone was hard working, motivated to turn the company into the best company there is.

Cons

The corporate culture that came in order to maximize the business, made folica a less enjoyable work place.