Foo Kon Tan Reviews | Glassdoor

2.9
Foo Kon Tan CEO Kon Yin Tong
Kon Yin Tong
Pros
Cons
  • "(in 7 reviews)

• "Low starting pay for starters, and comes with 2 years bond(in 4 reviews)

1. "Audit Associate"

Former Employee - Audit Associate in Singapore

I worked at Foo Kon Tan full-time for more than a year

Pros

High exposure as you are thrown into various kind of difficulties to fend on your own.

Cons

Management only care about maximising their profits, thus they will overwork you. Does not matter if you are on legitimate MC or leave, they will still get you to perform the work. Extremely understaffed and under paid, as above, hiring more people means higher overheads. Working overtime of more than 15 hours a day is a norm. Maybe for 100 hours of Over-time, you get to claim 1 hour of Overtime Off Hour, that's... if you are lucky. I have seen countless of people who were not able to tolerate the nonsense of management anymore, resulting in breaking the bond period and suffering financial losses.

Advice to Management

Please treat your staff like human beings with basic respect. We are here to work, not sign up to be slaves.

Foo Kon Tan2019-09-18
  2. "Assurance Associate"

I have been working at Foo Kon Tan full-time

Pros

Colleagues and staff are friendly

Cons

Client portfolios not very diversified

Foo Kon Tan2019-06-16
  3. "Audit Intern"

I have been working at Foo Kon Tan full-time

Pros

Friendly staff. Exposure to various industries

Cons

Almost everyone is a foreigner. Felt it was a bit hard for a non-Chinese to mix well with the team.

Foo Kon Tan2019-05-30
  4. "Good exposure but low salary"

I have been working at Foo Kon Tan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good exposure, managers, seniors and colleagues Disclaimer: This depends on the team you get into, actually.

Cons

Low salary, 2 years bond No sponsorship for studying professional papers unless you agree to a longer bond

Foo Kon Tan2019-04-18
  5. "audit associate"

I worked at Foo Kon Tan full-time

Pros

work and life balance well

Cons

below average pay long overtime

Foo Kon Tan2019-03-31
  6. "Bearable so far ok so far"

I have been working at Foo Kon Tan full-time

Pros

Good colleagues Fun colleagues Workload bearable Can learn, although learn independently

Cons

Soso salary Soso bonus Sometimes underappreciated although we already did the job beyond our job scope So china focused, non chinese speaker might feel left out with the firm's development and goals

Advice to Management

Appreciate the staffs and the managers. Managers who are underappreciated will in turns underappreciate their staff too.

Foo Kon Tan2019-01-14
  7. "Audit Associate"

I have been working at Foo Kon Tan full-time

Pros

work life balance and traininv is

Cons

low pay and not competitive pay with other firms

Foo Kon Tan2018-12-18
  8. "Lookelsewhere"

Former Employee - Audit

I worked at Foo Kon Tan full-time for more than a year

Pros

some colleagues are really nice, there to guide you according to your pace.

Cons

-Not a place if you mind working in stressful environment with hot tempered and no respect shown on you. Don't be surprised to hear profanity yelling at fellow co workers. - Low starting pay for starters, and comes with 2 years bond. Many (not all) paid the penalty to end their bond prematurely. So before you sign a bond, think twice, what your friend experienced in the company might not be the same as you. Since... the turnover rate is high, it is very likely you would end up in the highest turnover rate team. - Many Chinese clients cases, so if you are good in chinese it will be an advantage. If you dont know chinese, you still can work on other non chinese cases. However, it was very insensitive to tell a non chinese, 'you should learn chinese' during a training which was intended to be conducted in english with non chinese speaking people being present. - Be aware of selfish people pushing blame to you just to safeguard themselves - Do also read other reviews as I do not wish to repeat the points - Your journey in this company really depends on your luck, some teams have much better treatment, understanding and care while some doesn’t.

Advice to Management

Management should show some respect to people, solve the problems together instead of pushing the blame to others and making oneself feel good.

Foo Kon Tan2018-12-31

"Stay if you want to waste your life"

Former Employee - Audit Senior Associate in Singapore

I worked at Foo Kon Tan full-time for more than a year

Pros

Colleagues are nice Edit: Can't even find 5 positive words to fill glassdoor limits. Lol.

Cons

- Below market pay: Lower than comparable mid-tier rank, two ranks lower than big 4 pay - Two-years bond: management operates on the assumption that staff leaves after two-year and treats staff accordingly - Old management, resist change. Still do paper audit in this day and age - "Monkey see, monkey do practices": everything is either "follow last year" or "follow my other jobs" - Zero incentive to learn... whatsoever: See above - Blame cultures

Advice to Management

Half of new joiner pay to leave the firm. Spend some time to think about why. Good staffs leave immediately after bond ends, lazy incompetent remainers get promoted to fill experienced roles. Again, spend some time to think about the implication. "CFO asked CEO : What happens if we invest in developing people & they leave us? CEO : What happens if we don't & they stay ?".Try to be more like the CEO.... "Never push loyal employees to the point they don't care". "Don't ask why employee make your life difficult by leaving, find out why you make their life difficult that they leave. "

Foo Kon Tan2018-12-14
  10. "audit"

I worked at Foo Kon Tan for more than a year

Pros

many understanding and caring superiors

Cons

very low pay for starters

Foo Kon Tan2018-10-24