Food Safety Net Services Reviews | Glassdoor

2.4
John W. Bellinger

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • Schedules are built around client needs, often resulting in long hours for salary employees (in 13 reviews)

• I believe the trainer was shared company wide and with a high turnover, it will take months to be "officially" trained (in 7 reviews)

"It was ok. People working their were fun to be around with."

Former Employee - Micro Technician in Fresno, CA
    Former Employee - Micro Technician in Fresno, CA

Pros

Lots of hours .. ok pay.. needs more time spent on time management and how the system of work flow works

Cons

Needs better management.. pay is ok but should raise wages higher for amount of workload that is given. Management needs improvement

Jul 11, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your comments and time at FSNS. Yes, we can always improve in all areas of the company. My philosophy is one never reaches the top of the mountain when it comes to quality or... More

"The non-management's eyes say run as fast as you can"

Former Employee - General Laborer in Amarillo, TX
    Former Employee - General Laborer in Amarillo, TX

I worked at Food Safety Net Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I don't know if there are any pros as the physical location is in a bad part of town.

Cons

I didn't work here very long., but what I can tell you is that looking through these reviews and just looking at and talking with the non-management employees at this lab is that everything is true. You can literally see the stress in everyone's eyes that they are either ready to quit and / or looking for new jobs while still looking at this one. So I did myself a favor and got out before I got sucked in. Just be very careful if you decide to take an offer from this company.

Advice to Management

Never meet the lab manager

"Going to start looking for another job"

Current Employee - Lab in Amarillo, TX
    Current Employee - Lab in Amarillo, TX

I have been working at Food Safety Net Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Really liked this job at first. Co-workers help you get through the day. It's better than nothing...or is it?

Cons

Management needs to wake up. They keep releasing a months worth of schedule and then proceed to revise it EVERY SINGLE WEEK. I can not plan anything on my days off as they constantly get changed around. My family is suffering from this and it's going to get to the point where I am just going to quit one day.

Management has no idea what they are doing. All they do is sit in their office and leave the work to us. Refuses to acknowledge our existence and get mad when work doesn't get done. Write ups are common

Advice to Management

CEO needs to replace them

4. "General Lab Assistant"

Pros

Great Place to work for, fun and exciting!

Cons

Long hours but easy work load!

Advice to Management

n/a

"Great Place Overall - Lab Tech"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Columbus, OH
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Columbus, OH

I worked at Food Safety Net Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good people create a good lab environment, if you have a good team then everything moves well the job is a lot of fun but physically demanding.

Cons

Base salary isnt great but it goes up once you have continued to work there for over a year.

Advice to Management

Higher base salary would attract better qualified people to the position.

Jul 11, 2017 – CEO

I do appreciate you taking time to give us your comments about your time at FSNS. We have a great team in Columbus as well as in all of our laboratories. Steve and Kellie are great managers and great... More

"Don't believe everything you read"

Current Employee - Senior Microbiology Technician in Amarillo, TX
    Current Employee - Senior Microbiology Technician in Amarillo, TX

I have been working at Food Safety Net Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have been with this company almost going on 2 years, and I have been afforded great opportunities that I don't think I would have received anywhere else. With no prior experience I have learned a great deal about this industry in such a short time and have gained a newfound respect and passion for what i is I currently do.

If you're like me then the emphasis on degrees (and by degrees I mean a Master's or higher) can sometimes be discouraging but that's only because this company is very passionate about education. If education is important to you too then this company will help financially achieve those educational goals.

The Amarillo lab has been and continues to be a progressive and positive work environment that prides itself on the undeniable strength of teamwork. Despite reviews from some our unfortunately misguided and misinformed former employees.

Cons

Every company has its fair share of cons what matters most is what you yourself are willing to deal with to successfully get to where it is you wan to be.

I will admit that the hours can be tedious and the starting pay is somewhat decent however this lab is still in its early stages so that's to be expected. I firmly believe that if you're strong enough to stick it out through the dark days then your loyalty will be rewarded.

Advice to Management

None at this time, as this lab continues to grow so will the management team. We are tackling this beast together an I am proud of what we as a team have been able to achieve so far.

Jun 22, 2017 – CEO

Thank you for your comments. Yes, I/we will recognize those who give the extra effort for our customers. The food and laboratory business is difficult. Unfortunately our real work shift begins when a... More

"path analyst"

I have been working at Food Safety Net Services full-time

Pros

A valuable service to our community

Cons

Their was an employee that was hired as a microbiologist, he was the oldest person there. The man gave everything into the job, you could tell this simply by the way in which he conducted himself. I think he was on the night shift from three in the morning until they fired him. When I heard that he had been fired I thought it was some kind of bad joke, until I heard how they set him up to be fired, This man was the most brilliant person I have ever met. There was an issue with his memory as he had told me he had ADD. I have never seen anyone work harder, more honest and accepting of everyone he worked with. Always offering to do what needed to be done; the whole time I knew him, he never spoke bad of anyone. I had heard there was one time that a co-worker had equated the Jewish people with always trying to talk down something for sale beneath the proper value. It was the only time I had ever seen him angry. I guess he reported it and the person that made the remark had been written up. Ever since that time, they began to write him up for the most ridiculous things. The last time he had been written up, it was a fabricated lie. They wanted him out of there in the worst way; this kind, thoughtful and brilliant man had somehow gotten on the wrong side of management. Ithink it was the fact that although he had issues remembering certain things, he was still so far beyond them that they viewed him as a threat. One thing everyone noticed was that he had trouble walking. As the months went by, it got worse and was on incredible amount of pain killers. The management saw this, they even accepted his gifts to them for Christmas, but I guess that even to this kind of a person they still could not find themselves able to extend compassion. This showed me two things, first that management has a heart of dry ice and second, even while he knew what they were doing in making up false documents to verify he had been trained in a given test, he continued to be respectful, even forgiving. I have never met anyone like him. As far as his ability is concerned, I looked him up on the internet and found references to mathematical papers he had written, composed classical pieces for the cello and string ensemble on Amazon. Just speaking with this man for two minutes you would be amazed at the depth he posesses. All I can say is that day they fired him, he didn't curse anyone or even get angry. The person that actually set him up was this girl that was supposed to train him. Knowing this man and remembering the interactions he had with his trainer, I would say he had to pretend to have a lower intelligence just to speak with her. I spoke with his wife that I had recently met and she told me that his adoptive mother would relate that while in high school, he used to erase his grades from A's to a lesser grade just to try to fit in. I believe that is what happened at the lab with him. I think though they had a suspicion something was just not quite right and when they heard him speak, they knew exactly that who they were speaking with was so far above them and they became afraid because it just didn't add up, maybe they felt he was making fun of them-he never once made fun of me. But then again, I liked him.

Advice to Management

Get this man back!

"Valuable Work Experience"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Amarillo, TX

I worked at Food Safety Net Services full-time

Pros

The experience working at this lab is very valuable. The wide range of training that you will receive is great. You will learn valuable skills that you can take to any job, science based or not. I worked for FSNS for a while before moving on to a job that worked better for my family. I enjoyed my time at FSNS and still try to keep in touch with the coworkers I had. The lab manager is great, she is fun to talk to and she makes sure the lab runs smoothly no matter where she's at.

Cons

The shift that I worked didn't really work out for my family long term.

"Good experience"

Former Employee - Lab Technician in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Lab Technician in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Food Safety Net Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Learn a lot in a little amount of time.

Cons

Zero work/life balance, little training.

Advice to Management

Train people before throwing them in the fire. Pay better

10. "Micro Tech I"

Pros

Great place to further your knowledge

Cons

Turnover seems to be high

Advice to Management

Better judgement calls