Food Services of America Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Doug Minert

Pros
  • Good pay, good benefits including health, 401, etc (in 6 reviews)

• Great health insurance, great benefits (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • The high deductible "health insurance" ( (in 6 reviews)

• Very expensive Health Plan, no orthodontia in dental plan, no vision (in 6 reviews)

1. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Quality/Inventory in Kent, WA
    Former Employee - Quality/Inventory in Kent, WA

I worked at Food Services of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay was great. The people were so cool and always willing to help out or teach. Even the lunch room was top notch. Everyone had their job to do and a quota to fill, but it was a pretty relaxed environment. Never should've left.

Cons

It didn't effect my job, but employees weren't held accountable for the lack of work they were doing.

Advice to Management

Hold people accountable for their actions.

2. "Amazing career opportunity"

Current Employee - Order Selector in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Order Selector in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Food Services of America full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This place has amazing Benefits, pension , and pay! The people are family oriented and it is a fast pace of work!

Cons

The only down fall is taking time to get use to night shift! Have to hit your two departments before 6 months.

3. "District Sales Representative"

Former Employee - Disrict Sales Presentative in Ogden, UT
    Former Employee - Disrict Sales Presentative in Ogden, UT

Pros

Autonomy! Autonomy with accountability. Work hard so you can play hard. Great products. Fun and fast paced environment.

Cons

Unstable middle management in Utah. Insufficient capital resources dedicated to supporting independent food service operations. Unpredictable and fluid delivery times to customers in Utah market.

Advice to Management

Need someone dedicated to seeing the Utah territory grow. Invest in local warehousing and transportation services.

5. "Demand Planner"

Current Employee - Demand Planner in Spokane, WA
    Current Employee - Demand Planner in Spokane, WA

I have been working at Food Services of America full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great team to work with, Everyone has complimentary talents, and everyone is approachable.

Cons

due to the concentration requirements of the position, its quiet, needs to be a little more lively.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work with engagement, and props.

"Countless Opportunities"

Current Employee - Senior Vice President and Chief Information Officer in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Food Services of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Feels like being part of a family. Incredible core values that are "lived", not just talked about. Limitless ability to grow. A culture that is thriving.

Cons

Some growing pains as the organization gets larger while working hard to avoid bureaucracy.

"Great company with strong foundation."

Current Employee - Vice President in Phoenix, AZ
    Current Employee - Vice President in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Food Services of America full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Strong company culture with generally friendly and helpful associates. Customer and results oriented. You are trusted to act in best interests of our customers and company. Your growth is a focus of the company.

Cons

Like any position, you get out what you put in. You will struggle if you aren't self-motivated to understand the big picture.

Advice to Management

Continue to empower associates.

8. "You get what you make out of it"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Meridian, ID

I worked at Food Services of America (More than a year)

Pros

Friendly environment, growth opportunity, okay pay

Cons

Not flexible, some animosity between employees.

9. "Operations Dept."

Former Employee - Operations Department in Renton, WA
    Former Employee - Operations Department in Renton, WA

I worked at Food Services of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I absolutely loved working for FSA. There may have been room for improvement in several areas but overall, I have never worked for a company that felt more like family than co-workers. I enjoy learning new skills and there were many opportunities to cross train in other areas of our department. I was crushed when I had to leave and not a day has passed, in the last 16 years, that I have not missed being there. This review only goes back to 2012 but I last worked at FSA, 16 years ago.

Cons

Working all Holidays was mandatory and pay was not the best. Even with excellent reviews and no complaints, our raises were often laughable but the family dynamic was more important to me than the pay. You have got to have tough skin and a great sense of humor to work in that setting.

10. "sales"

Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - OUTSIDE SALES in Seattle, WA

Pros

you are your own boss,

Cons

you also have a boss

Advice to Management

cut out bureaucracy which negatively affects customers and our ability to innovate

"Great pay....that's it!"

Former Employee - Order Selector in Meridian, ID
    Former Employee - Order Selector in Meridian, ID

I worked at Food Services of America full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great pay. Boise tops out at almost $20hr now. Can make good money. Changing over to 4-10 shifts.

Cons

Where to start....
    Management is highly unprofessional and draws personal opinions of employees and uses those opinions for worse. Management talk of an open door policy but will think less of you for speaking up about problems and will look for a reason to fire you. Seen this happen to a few great employees who spent years working long hard hours. Management is made up of one power hungry VP who wants smooth talking people by his side not good workers. And made up of a bean counter with a "cheesy" name who could care less about people and is very inappropriate with staff. Also one who has been there for 15+yrs and doesn't know how to manage anything and is very...uneducated.

While pay is great...everything else sucks. Benefits are horrible... Free but horrible.
    Morale is low and management thinks its great. Watch your back people are being fired left and right. Average employee has been there less then 6 months. Turn over is horrible.

Advice to Management

Fire management. Send one back to North Dakota and other back to Sysco and put the other back on the floor if he can leave his horrible home life at home.