Force 3 Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Michael Greaney

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Great benefits, people, location."

Current Employee - Sales/Management in Crofton, MD
    Current Employee - Sales/Management in Crofton, MD

I have been working at Force 3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Professional, friendly staff. Excellent perks such as onsite massages and onsite gym. Ability to help in the community. Great location, near manny shops/restaurants. Easy access/parking.

Cons

Short-staffed. Few opportunities for advancement in upper management. No internal hiring process; management looks to external candidates primarily. Long hours during government buying season, although expected for this industry.

Advice to Management

Look to hire from within first.

2. "Systems Engineer"

Pros

Great place to start working...went downhill after a few years due to poor managers that didnt understand different technologies

Cons

tend to pay a bit lower salaries because of location. Can overwork PMs especially

3. "Good company, good benefits"

Current Employee - Sales in Crofton, MD
    Current Employee - Sales in Crofton, MD

Pros

Training, coworkers, lots of avenues to learn

Cons

Understaffed, but that will be solved soon I believe

Advice to Management

More staff

"Force 3"

Pros

Great culture, with emphasis on growth. Enthusiastic channels team, marketing and the engineering is the best it has ever been. Some very strategic hires have been made recently which have been immediately beneficial.

Cons

Health care benefits have taken a nose dive. Out of pocket expenses are through the roof. The toll on take-home pay is significant. There are a lot of old friendships in management which result in undeserved promotions and some high levels of frustration in the organization. CEO seems to be unaware of it and not willing to listen.

Advice to Management

Your people are loyal and willing to share their experiences in order to make this company a great place to work. There are several managers who have not earned the respect of their employees or peers. As we grow, you should carefully consider who you put into leadership positions and also carefully consider who's time might be up.

"used to be great"

I have been working at Force 3 full-time

Pros

decent 401k, nice facility in crofton MD, great co-workers for the most part

Cons

Management is horrible, promoted based on who they know not what they can do. Most do not have the experience and/or training necessary to be a manager or director. Professional services is not what is used to be, the teamwork aspect is non existent anymore. PMO needs new leadership.

Advice to Management

realize that just someone outlasts the competition doesnt mean they are qualified to be a manager. leadership should replace all their management staff with legit, trained staff that have bonafide management experience. Bring back Rocky to run things, everyone else is just posing.

6. "Technical Consultant"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Omaha, NE

I worked at Force 3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

While I was a remote employee, I thoroughly enjoyed the people I worked with from the home office. The staff here are some of the best people I have had the pleasure of working with in the IT industry. Everyone at the office always welcomed me warmly when I would travel there for different events and training. The pay was also great. If you put in hard work, they will reward you. If you don't proactively seek improvement, you will not receive anything. I never had to ask for performance feedback, it was always given in a professional manner.

Cons

While there definitely is an "in-crowd", there wasn't an "out-crowd" that I could find. I think the only con for me was that they were East Coast based.

Advice to Management

Continue to reward those people that seek higher certifications and bring in new business.

"Sales"

Pros

good work/ life balance; quality people; above avg benefits; nice perks to make the time at the office enjoyable; they dont take themselves too seriously

Cons

revolving door; dont want to pay for top talent; too many policies and procedures; have a number of people in roles that they shouldn't be in

Advice to Management

continue down the path of specializing in one to two areas of IT; Start trying to retain engineers and develop more reocurring revenue offerings

"Don't fall for the fluff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crofton, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Crofton, MD

I worked at Force 3 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Federal Holidays off, on site gyms, coffee bar, onsite masseuse with complementary massage, car services.

Cons

I now know when a job offers all of the above mentioned perks to run because it's just fluff! Upper management is ran on the good old boy system...HR is in that group so don't bother filing a complaint. The upper management has their favorite people-doesn't matter on job performance. You can work as hard as you want if you are in the clique you won't advance. Upper management is a joke, they manage by intimidation because they aren't leaders. So much turn over within the company. You can work on a project with someone and they are gone the next day because people are jumping ship as fast as they can.

Advice to Management

Clean house-21 Laws of Leadership book has it right. Get rid of your management staff and start fresh. You will be on the path to becoming the great company you want to be.

"Place is a joke"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I worked at Force 3 full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you sell, you are not expected to follow to rules. Get in with the "cool kids" and you have no worries.

Cons

Management is free to do whatever they please. HR is a joke. Poor company ethics. High school work environment.

10. "Great company for serious engineers."

Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Crofton, MD
    Current Employee - Solutions Architect in Crofton, MD

I have been working at Force 3 full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Fellow engineers are really some of the best in the business. Collaboration within the team is awesome and helps to build everyone's skills as well as deliver the best solutions to the customer. Projects can be challenging but definitely keeps it interesting. Access to training is abundant and the company is good about encouraging certification. Force 3 does find a ton of ways to give back to the community - food drives, toys for tots, mentor programs, blood drives, and charity events to name a few. Corporate kickoffs and Christmas parities are awesome - we kicked off 2015 at Maryland Live this year & our Christmas party was at the Baltimore Aquarium last year! The company is putting a ton of money back into the buisness for a company reimage/remodel; I think it really reiterates that they do care and plan to be around for awhile.

Cons

Starting salaries can be a little low but aren't terrible, however, I've found when you prove yourself that they will try to accommodate you accordingly; additionally reviews are done mid and end of year. Travel involved can be a bit daunting, especially on some projects, however, they do try to offset it by using multiple engineers to spread the load. There have been a lot of changes at the management level since I've been at the company, however, I do feel the most recent changes have been for the best and we are in very capable hands.

Advice to Management

Keep track of junior engineers and make sure to take care of their needs as they mature. Select a few choice partnerships and focus on them as opposed to trying and partner with a ton of new ones. Utilize the engineering staff more to better arm/educate the sales force with the knowledge they need to sell. Try to define a hybrid role (implement as well as sales) position for interested veteran engineers.