Force Marketing Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 18, 2019

2.8
John Fitzpatrick

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "The company does offer great benefits compared to a lot of other places I've learned about, and is consistent in providing fun outings/happy hours" (in 11 reviews)

• "Open-door policy from upper management" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Zero work-life balance (9 PTO days and 5 paid holidays" (in 5 reviews)

• "Extremely long hours with zero overtime pay is expected when preparing for big events" (in 8 reviews)

1. "Great Environment, Great People, Great Technology"

Former Employee - Client Success Team
    Former Employee - Client Success Team

I worked at Force Marketing full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Culture, Autonomy, Environment, Perks like Braves games/Falcons games/Happy Hours. Flexible Work Hours. Good Benefits.

You have a great opportunity to learn and grow your digital and print marketing knowledge with many experts in Google Ads, Facebook, Sales Force, Direct/Email marketing.

Force is a leader in the automotive space and provides great opportunity for those looking to get their foot in or learn more about the industry.

Everyone is very friendly and willing to help and teach you anything you want to know.

Force is very much an open forum type company. If you have an idea or suggestion, they want to hear it and are willing to put it into consideration.

You have direct access to the CEO and all upper management and any moment to express and desires, ideas or concerns.

Cons

Tough Industry being in automotive

"Terrible people run this company."

Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - Marketing Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Force Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There was a lot of alcohol and money involved in team outings...

Cons

Terrible pay. Asked to lie to clients on multiple occasions (which is ultimately why I left). Zero work-life balance (9 PTO days and 5 paid holidays... seriously?). During “snowpacolypse,” the CEO made brash comments about people who didn’t work the next day being lazy, when several people didn’t even make it home. He also told us to get a tan, whiten our teeth, and wear heals for a trade show. Very unethical company.

Advice to Management

Learn how to treat your employees with respect.

"Avoid at all Costs"

I worked at Force Marketing full-time

Pros

There are free snacks, so I guess that's something.

Cons

Toxic work culture that starts with the CEO and trickles down to the rest of the company. The CEO was handed the company by his father, and basically has no hard skills. He tries to motivate his employees with superficial work events and motivational speeches without implementing real benefits or real process changes. His family members that are in upper level positions are just as inept as he is. There is a clear lack of diversity, and a large amount nepotism and favoritism. Turnover is common, because of the low pay. Company constantly loses business, but is reported as growing "so much" YOY.

Advice to Management

Give your employees real benefits and better wages, instead of crappy work events and fake motivational speeches and emails. Remove your family members from the company and hire actual talent for executives.

"Forcebook"

Former Employee - Sales
    Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Force Marketing full-time

Pros

This is a great place to work if you're right out of college you will learn industry standards and working alongside clients. You will also learn to work at an extremely fast pace and get used to multitasking.

There's beer on Fridays, happy hours, a snack bar and they're pretty lenient on what time you get in or leave. The people are also friendly for the most part.

There are plenty of events and family outings. They own box seats in the Benz so they hand out Soccer tickets frequently. They also own home plate seats for at Suntrust park and those are given as rewards often as well.

The CEO is very friendly and makes it a point to learn everyones name as well as mingle often as he walks around the office.

Cons

Now what can I say about Force Marketing that hasn't already been said about Afghanistan....

First and foremost I will warn you that 90% of the positive reviews on here are done by the internal marketing team to boost their ridiculously low scores on here.

The company is driven by sales. That being said you'll be given unrealistic deadlines and often have to stay late while the sales person, who promised the client the world, strolls out early enough to make it to the gym or their tee time, commission check in hand. If you're lucky your hard work will be rewarded with a "shoutout".

It is very similar to high school. Not a normal high school but like a dramatic TV high school. People gossip, backstab and spread rumors like they're on Degrassi.

There is no room for growth here. If you're looking for a place to build your career and advance up the corporate ladder this is not the place for you. There is no clear path of success and often times they just make up positions and titles to appease the person rather than giving them a raise. So you get a title that, outside of Force Marketing, means jack all and will leave plenty a recruiter smirking as you explain your made up title to them.

They do have a bonus structure in play but you need a degree in Physics to understand if you're even close to hitting your goals. (Spoiler alert they're not designed for you to hit the goals easily. Even if you did you wouldn't know unless you had that Physics degree I mentioned earlier.)

People cry a lot. Like A LOT.

You will have to work with car dealers. They're rude, dumb, and an expert in your job. "They know more than anyone else", thats why they hired someone right? They're largely responsible for the crying I mentioned earlier.

Advice to Management

Lets face it, Management is not actually reading this so ill give advice to the rest of you. Theres a couch in the back of the storage room on the 3rd floor. Go nap there if you're hungover.

"Sales"

Former Employee - Sales Representative
    Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Force Marketing full-time

Pros

Good culture, and everyone there is young so of you're just out of college and still figuring it out then it's a solid place. Free snacks, cool company events, etc.

Cons

If you're in sales, then prepared to be screwed. The leadership there says that they care about you, but in reality, it's just another sales pitch for them. They changed our pay plan and my performance requirements out of nowhere so I was actually doing twice the work for half the pay. Just wrong. I had to sign a new contract or get fired. It's a poisonous environment and the CEO should really do something about it if they expect to continue to grow.

Advice to Management

Value your employees, invest your money in elevating your people, and don't assume that we can't see what's really going on.

6. "Great Interview Process"

Current Employee - SEM Specialist in Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - SEM Specialist in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Force Marketing full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had a great experience throughout my interview process, the onboarding was easy, team members and mgmt have been very helpful. I'm excited about the position!

Cons

No cons that I can think of

"Great company"

I have been working at Force Marketing full-time

Pros

Great people and a fun atmosphere to work in!

Cons

overall doing a good job.

"Unless you're related, there is no upside"

I worked at Force Marketing full-time

Pros

Not everything the managers and leadership team tells employees and clients is a lie.

Cons

Nepotism. Dishonesty. Long hours. Underappreciation. The list goes on and on.

"Nepotism and favoritism at its finest!"

I worked at Force Marketing full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There is very little positive to say about the company. There are some good people that work there and I did enjoy helping customers. Fun learning new things about automotive.

Cons

Where to begin. This company DOES NOT care about anyone out side of the family members and "favorites" that work there. If you do not blindly follow upper management you will be "laid off" even if you are right and they are wrong.

No room for advancement. Friends and relatives of the owner get hired and promoted over others. Because of this there is a high turnover and employees don't stay or are actively looking to leave the company.

They will let you work yourself to death but fail to deliver when it comes time for overtime or bonuses.

Terrible management. Unchecked incompetence at this company in certain departments is astounding.

Very closed door policies.

Advice to Management

The "Leadership" team is not supportive and will not do the right thing professionally or morally.

"Do Not Work Here - Clash Of The Egos"

I have been working at Force Marketing full-time

Pros

If you're having trouble finding a job and one is offered to you, it's a job - be grateful.

Cons

This review is not based solely on my opinion, but the opinion of many employees at Force Marketing. These are conversations that are had daily, and are consistently - and knowingly ignored. I think it's important to point out that this review is not made in haste or with only personal opinions involved.

1. "Leadership" team has inexcusable leadership skills. Over the course of the last couple of years, there have been 10 or 15 organizational changes which have minimal effects on the well-being of it's employees - with the exception of the "Leadership Team".

2. If you read through the other reviews on Force Marketing and notice the phrases "college buddies", "frat party", etc... there is a reason. They genuinely do not trust the opinion of qualified people outside of their inner circle, and if you think you can come into Force Marketing with the intent of driving business, or make it further than a manager position in 3 years .... you are sadly mistaken.

3. There are many people who dictate what happens within the business, but they are not aligned and often times do things on their own regardless of the rest of the company. This leads to many arguments and confrontations on who's smarter, who's better, and who is right. At the end of the day, there really aren't that many people who know what is going on, or are capable of making useful decisions.

4. Hiring - 1 out of 10 people hired are fully qualified for the position they are hired for. We either hire interns who aren't qualified, or recent grads who have very little experience. This is done to keep salaries low, plain and simple. This disregard for talent has two major implications; 1. Workload is heavy and work quality is sub-par. 2. When you have 50 people who are under-qualified, and leadership who has minimal leadership skills, there are consistency, efficiency, and communication problems all day, every day.

5. You are frowned upon if you do not work overtime. Regardless of the work you complete, there will always be overtime. Because the staff is so young, they cannot have flexible hours/work from home because people will take advantage of it.

6. There is little to no training from qualified people. In the first week your workload expectations will be the same as people who have been there for years.

Advice to Management

Hire qualified leadership from outside the company. Create company structures and efficiencies based on successful business models, not internal ideas or opinions. Spend more on qualified, passionate people because the longterm benefit will far exceed the savings of hiring unqualified staff.