Ford Audio-Video Systems Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.2
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Claire Ford

"Great company and value integrity"

Former Employee - Sale Estimator in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Sale Estimator in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ford Audio-Video Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great company, thorough, courtesous, knowledgeable

Cons

none to speak of at this time

2. "A Job"

I worked at Ford Audio-Video Systems full-time

Pros

There are a lot of good people working there. You will learn a lot in your position.

Cons

Compensation. This is the most frustrating thing about the industry.

Advice to Management

Be more open minded and compensate your valuable employees a fair wage.

3. "Account Manager"

I worked at Ford Audio-Video Systems full-time

Pros

Great support system. Knowledgeable and experienced co-workers.

Cons

None that I can think of other than providing better work/life balance practices.

Advice to Management

Provide better work/life balance practices

5. "Great So Far"

I have been working at Ford Audio-Video Systems full-time

Pros

I am new enough to still be in my honeymoon phase, but still have my opinions based on my lifetime experience. This job is demanding, hard, they know what you are doing every minute of the day, and they have a form and process for everything. And I LOVE IT. Trust me, I come from a fairly job with a decent amount of longevity was so disorganized they didn't know which way was up. FAV has been there, done that, probably encountered a slew of hurdles over the years, and has addressed each and everyone one of them with a process to attain excellence. If you don't want to show up on time, work until your done, and not be held accountable for your time, this isn't the company for you. Go work at McDonald's. They pay you a decent starting salary, and expect you to earn it - their way. The company is full of integrity at every level, and you are expected to maintain that level of integrity. I'm sure it doesn't happen all the time, but it's not because the company didn't require it. This isn't the perfect company, but it's right up there with the best. It's small enough so you don't get lost in the shuffle, but large enough to be able to provide you with the resources to do your job. If you fail here, I don't think it would be the company's fault.

Cons

I don't really have any cons yet. There are things I wish were different, but a) they are either personal preferences, or b) things that would make MY life more pleasurable. They are certainly not things that affect customer service or professionalism.

Advice to Management

Just keep up the good work. Life is too short to major on the minors. From what I can see, everyone is well balanced on keeping the main thing the main thing.

6. "Great company to work for. Provides excellent training."

Former Employee - Audio Video Installation Technician/Quality Control in Cypress, TX

I worked at Ford Audio-Video Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Safety is a priority. Get the job done as quickly BUT AS SAFELY as possible.

Cons

Compensation can be improved on.

Advice to Management

Complete a comprehensive site walk threw before bidding a job to minimize unforseen variables that may alter the scope of work.

"They make you feel like you should be lucky to even have a job and always hold it over you."

Former Employee - Installation Technician in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - Installation Technician in Houston, TX

I worked at Ford Audio-Video Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They are a big name company and have big name projects. Looks good on resume.

Cons

They treat you unfairly and unjust. Low pay and don't care about their employees. Wouldn't tell you that you would have to work the night or weekend, and if you were to say no, they would threaten to fire you.

Advice to Management

Treat the techs like people and not disposable tools

"Great Start"

Current Employee - Installation Technician in Houston, TX
    Current Employee - Installation Technician in Houston, TX

I have been working at Ford Audio-Video Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to get your feet wet and learn. Take advantage of other peoples willingness to teach.

Cons

It has its downsides just as any other company will. You make the situation good or bad.

"Too many fake reviews praising this company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

I worked at Ford Audio-Video Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The only pro I can come up with is that I truly believe working for Ford AV helped me to get into my new career and position. Other integrators call them "Ford University" if that gives you any idea.

Cons

I'll start with Mrs Ford. She is probably the biggest reason that I quit my job after four years of employment. She encourages and promotes micromanagement, hostility, and distrust towards employees. I was not in upper management, yet I would get bombarded and harassed by the CEO of this company (Mrs. Ford) almost on a monthly basis.

Onto Upper Management. Watch out for ALL the Division Managers.. These are horrible people who think they are better than you and they'll make sure you know it.

Also, the entire time I was employed, never once had a review or a raise. Those are almost impossible to come by it seems.

Advice to Management

Trust your employees, Mrs. Ford. You don't even give your supervisors a chance to supervise because you're too busy sticking your nose in every little thing. This is the biggest reason I quit is because of you. I really hope you read this. Your hourly employees are not the reason for the huge turnover, you and your upper management are. You hire good honest people and then completely demoralize them.

"Project Engineer"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Former Employee - Project Engineer in Dallas, TX

I worked at Ford Audio-Video Systems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nothing good to say. Believe the overall consensus of all the reviews, and make a decision for yourself. You are an adult.

Cons

Every negative review has already said.

If you are single, or desperate? If you are looking to enter in the audio video industry? This is the place for you.

Do not believe the positive reviews.

Advice to Management

Quit pretending that your employees matter, and be upfront with them from the get go. You are going: to be over worked, exempt and non-exempt alike. with no compensation otherwise. If you get labeled a travel employee? We will keep you on the road for as long as we need to. If you have a family? I hope you and your spouse have amazing communication, and no young kids.

"Many Technologies, Good People, Interesting Projects"

Current Employee - Engineer Career Coach in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Engineer Career Coach in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Ford Audio-Video Systems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The projects are often interesting as many technologies come together in one project - audio, video, network, control programming, lighting, video conferencing, streaming, etc. The customers and projects sites are diverse from corporate board rooms to sports stadiums, churches to theaters, airports to warehouses. The company has a profit sharing plan which promotes a team atmosphere. There is a good emphasis on training.

Cons

There is no course of study which fully prepares one to be a project engineer here, so there is a steep learning curve with the multiple technologies to be mastered. Some projects have very tight deadlines. This can sometimes be stressful, but usually is short. Long-term forecasting is difficult.

Advice to Management

The company has grown fast and the projects have become much more complex, so make sure that policies, procedures, and structures scale well as the company changes.