Ford Motor Co. of Canada Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Ford Motor Co. of Canada President and CEO Dianne Craig
Dianne Craig

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"excellent idea to help other people."

Pros

equal treatment for all employees . good paying jobs . company is open to new ideas and the quality is number one .

Cons

I can not think any down side of working for Ford expect putting lots of hours at work .

Advice to Management

no comment .

2. "great company with room to grow- csr and customer service manager"

Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Melbourne, FL
    Former Employee - Customer Service Manager in Melbourne, FL

I worked at Ford Motor Co. of Canada full-time (More than a year)

Pros

great training and one on one to help you understand the responsibilities of your role. Decent pay and an open door policy. majority of the answers are given to you, the rest is up to you to research within a given time frame. If you don't have the answer, your team lead or a supervisor is more than willing to jump on it as soon as possible to find the answer for you.

Cons

as a CSR, you are the first person to customer reaches. you have to tell people 'NO' a lot, but this is common in this line of work when you deal with car warranties.this position can be a little stressful, but you learn to get past that.

Advice to Management

there isn't too much advice upper management that I would provide, but I do think that customer service representatives do need more access to certain programs. As a customer service manager, things were fantastic!

3. "Ford of Canada is a great place to work"

Pros

Forward looking company
    The people were great, the facility was top notch and there was lots of room for movement and learning.

Cons

Middle Management will have a hard time moving into upper management roles as it is saturated with long time ford veterans that still have 10 to 15 years before retirement

Advice to Management

Keep in mind that Canada is a much different market than the USA and structure the marketing, incentives and strategy accordingly

"Sales Consultant"

Current Employee - Sales Consultant
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant

I have been working at Ford Motor Co. of Canada full-time

Pros

They give you all the tools to succeed, whether it be training, supplies, assistance, coaching, they go above and beyond to ensure you perform well and enjoy your time with Ford.

Cons

Sales isn't for everyone and you have to have the right mentality to be enthused everyday, every interaction.

Advice to Management

Continue to be active in the everyday activities of your sales team, the advice and encourage goes a long way to maintain a positive outlook and love walking through the door everyday

5. "one of the happiest day of my life when i was hired"

Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Windsor, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Assembly Line Worker in Windsor, ON (Canada)

Pros

Great company in every way.I am a retiree enjoying my life. Many people would love to have a pension like mine.Ford takes care of their employees.

Cons

When i was employed our union made us look bad in the public eye.What ever they negotiated for us the was taxed beyond belief .No wonder the jobs are leaving.

Advice to Management

dont buy debt ridden companies

6. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - QC Inspector - QLS Administrator in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - QC Inspector - QLS Administrator in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I worked at Ford Motor Co. of Canada full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The Oakville Assembly Complex of Ford Motor Co. of Canada is a great place to work, because it allows you to learn a lot about the automotive industry through job postings and advancement.

Cons

Even though it was a great place to work, it's also a tough occupation due to the long hours on an assembly line. Depending on the department you work in, the work is either enjoyable or gruelling as the units move through your work station at the rate of one vehicle every 46 seconds or so.

Advice to Management

Make sure the employees, especially the new hires, get ALL the proper training they need to perform their duties safely and correctly. In my last few years before retiring (31.5 years), I saw too many people come in, learn the basics of their jobs, and then learn all the bad things to do from senior employees (play the light duty game, work refusals, etc) once their 90 days is over.

"Very average for a Fortune 500 company"

Current Employee - Leader in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Leader in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Ford Motor Co. of Canada (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wages, although it currently takes 10 years to reach full rate. Sorry I really can't think of anything else. Very average benefits.

Cons

Impersonal, newly hired employees are walking on egg shells. This company now looks for ways to discipline and fire people. Having a constant turnover helps keep labour costs down. Co-pays for insurance benefits which are average at best.

Advice to Management

Look internally for cost savings.Modernize, get organized. So much time and manpower wasted on meetings where nothing gets done. MP&l really needs to tighten up.

8. "Complex Worker"

Pros

Good compensation and pay. The discount on Ford automobiles is not as great as you think. Save $1000 max. Be ready to work.

Cons

The poor work environment and demanding work hours only compound the terrible jobs your given. Longest and most strenuous stretch of work I've done.

Advice to Management

Lack of competence in some departments. Failure to make decisions in an efficient and timely manner. There are a lot of people waiting on your choices.

9. "Amazing Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oakville, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Ford Motor Co. of Canada (More than 3 years)

Pros

Amazing leadership team, great atmosphere, fast paced, challenging, lots to learn, and great pay.

Cons

More initial training needed is the only con

10. "challenging"

Current Employee - Trades
    Current Employee - Trades

I have been working at Ford Motor Co. of Canada full-time

Pros

decent benefits and health plans, competitive wages, good core or employees,discount on new car purchases, allow for voluntary overtime and the ability to show leadership your work ethics.

Cons

shift work, long hours, confinement to a production line, two tier wage system, mandatory overtime, breaks only when someone relieves you and summer shut down holidays which could vary but mandatory.

Advice to Management

need to listen better to employees