Forescout Technologies Reviews | Glassdoor

Forescout Technologies President and CEO Michael DeCesare
Michael DeCesare

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "This is a growth company with growing pains" (in 11 reviews)

• "Lack of career advancement paths" (in 5 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Great place to work and getting even better every day!!!"

I have been working at Forescout Technologies full-time

Pros

Hot company in a hot space. Great product with clear differentiation from competitors. Seasoned leadership team, which seems to work really well together and getting better every day at leading a rapidly growing company. Company does really big, strategic deals in US Govt, Financial Services and Healthcare and some day will be doing the same across all verticals and geos. Exciting to be making such a difference in securing companies against the threats of bad actors.

Cons

Wall Street still underestimating company, so share price trades at a discount to other security companies (potential for upside as CEO, CFO and CCO seem to be doing a good job getting Wall Street to better understand). Working through growing pains across sales, SDR and marketing, though have made great strides since the big pre-IPO push.

Advice to Management

The relatively recent increase in transparency, broader based meritocracy and respectful engagement my leadership and managers across all functions is valued & appreciated. Allow us to grow into bigger roles as the company grows. Look inside first. Keep the fast paced and demanding culture. It keeps us on our toes and presses us to excel

Sep 24, 2018 – CEO

Right product, right market, right time, I totally agree! We have been working on ways to increase engagement across the organization and I'm thrilled you're feeling some of those changes. We want... More

2. "Growing company in the security software space"

I have been working at Forescout Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Execution focused company with a strong team of can do employees. Awesome group of people who are results oriented. Great benefits and competitive compensation.

Flexible work environment with a casual dress code.

This is a get stuff done company. If you aren't someone that wants to make a difference, work hard and play hard - this place isn't for you.

Cons

I can't think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

Let's keep the intensity up and continue to push the market.

Mar 13, 2019 – CEO

We are definitely a "GSD" company - get stuff done. We are proud to call ourselves "gritty", digging in as a team to get things across the finish line. I love that this intensity drives you. It's... More

"Hostile work environment"

I have been working at Forescout Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Good benefits, good talent, not alot of turner over, here on the engineering team we are always improving the product based on customer feedback

Cons

Poor cross collaboration between department heads. CFO is too nonconfrontational, GC is in daily screaming match with someone, HR head is never in the office. It goes on and on. How can department heads expect teams to cross collaborate when heads HATE each other. Another executive offsite wont fix this MIKE!

Advice to Management

Care about how people feel about their managers and department heads

Feb 11, 2019 – Chief People and Technology Officer

We always welcome constructive employee feedback on how we can make Forescout a better place to work and want to address some of your specific comments here.

First, the term hostile workplace has... More

"Upper MGMT LACKS"

Current Employee - Consultant in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Forescout Technologies full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

New cafeteria and coffee bar.

Cons

MAJOR disconnect between upper MGMT and everybody else. They recently made a decision to change the company icon instead of putting that money back into their employees. Just garbage...from the CEO (Joke) to his hired goons. A bunch of self-centered morons.

Advice to Management

Get a clue and think of people OTHER than yourselves.

"Lots of potential for growth"

Current Employee - Systems Engineer
    Current Employee - Systems Engineer

I have been working at Forescout Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There are endless opportunities for growth here as a Systems Engineer - seriously. Seize the opportunity and you can make yourself a star but you have to want it. You'll work hard, but that's the case for any fast growing IT company in the Valley. The company has some growing pains, but who doesn't? Each year, ForeScout is getting more aggressive in product development and marketing. Some really innovative and exciting features are in the pipeline. Some of the SE leadership are the best in the business by supporting your goals for career advancement, and this is extremely important to me. If you work very hard, you can be a rock star here and truly change the dynamics of your customers and account team. Generous equity and RSU for new hires or top performers. Employee stock purchase plans. Competitive to well above-average pay for SEs amongst top tech companies. Work/life balance is exceptional. Extremely liberal work from home policy except for traveling to customer engagements. Very strong future so long as the pace of innovation and R&D investments keep up.

Cons

With just over 1,000 employees, you're not going to find the level of "insulation" or overlays for overlays you might be used to in a larger tech company like VMWare, Cisco, or HP. But I'm not complaining - that means more room for personal and career growth, less of a matrixed or siloed working environment. Product release cycles can be very challenging to meet deadlines, so the bottleneck is usually in R&D. Support teams have come a long way, but still have a long way to go. SEs are compensated largely on pool metrics - hasn't gone over well, so negotiate a starting salary you're comfortable with. Some high turnover as the company matures as a public company and continues to adapt to new challenges. ForeScout is not an easy or fast product to sell, so be prepared to ride the highs and lows of the sales cycle. The company as a whole is doing everything it can to shake the NAC branding, but it's been a slow process.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in SE development. Bottlenecks in R&D need to be addressed - it can be the Achilles Heel of any tech company. Support needs continued major investment, as negative support experiences can easily cost the business. Specific to SEs, allow them to choose from multiple compensation plans if pool option is undesirable.

Mar 13, 2019 – CEO

Wow, you get it. Hard work, meaningful contributions, and seizing opportunities are key to being a rock star at Forescout, and elsewhere. And you're right...our SEs are the best in the business... More

6. "Great Company with Great People"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Forescout Technologies full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company culture. People are great to work with and the Support team is very collaborative. Company is growing and opportunities to grow with it. Management listens to what we have to say and we can contribute.

Cons

Right now i don't see a con because the company is continue to grow and doing well.

Advice to Management

Continue to hire great people that will fit the culture.

Mar 20, 2019 – Chief People and Technology Officer

Thank you for the review. I agree... our customer support team is awesome and leads by example by nurturing a collaborative environment. We are committed to continuing to hire people who will be... More

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Director
    Current Employee - Director

I have been working at Forescout Technologies full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture and team. Full of very competent hard-working people. Recently signed ParityPledge which is very encouraging for women in tech.

Cons

nothing to mention so far

8. "Great Place to Work, FS Customer Care"

Current Employee - Technical Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Technical Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Forescout Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Very diverse and motivated team
    - Technically skilled engineers
    - We put our customer first
    - Work hard and have fun doing it
    - Great team work, everyone shares their expertise and is always willing to help

Cons

No cons for my team.

Advice to Management

Continue to support the team through difficult product trouble shooting.

Jan 22, 2019 – CEO

Our customer support team is the best in the business! Great to have you on Team Forescout.

-MDC

"Hardest working team"

Current Employee - Finance Department in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Finance Department in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Forescout Technologies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

One of the most dedicated and hardworking people you'll ever meet.

Cons

Long hours with little recognition

Advice to Management

Lead with more appreciation.

Jan 22, 2019 – CEO

Our Business Enablement teams do so much behind the scenes to help us scale and make us successful. Your hard work is appreciated. Thank you for all you do for Forescout!

-MDC

"Way better out there"

Current Employee - Sales Representative
    Current Employee - Sales Representative

I have been working at Forescout Technologies full-time

Pros

Competitive Pay
    A lot of parties
    Great people

Cons

Uncertainty in product
    Very high turnover
    Management is a joke
    20 year old product, very little interest
    Marketing does nothing/non-existent

Jan 22, 2019 – CEO

While I truly value your feedback and agree we have great people at Forescout, I have to disagree with some of your other comments. Our products solve an important problem for the world's largest... More