KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt
Logo

Engaged Employer

Add a Review

Forescout Technologies Employee Reviews about "work life balance"

Updated Jun 4, 2021

Found 21 of over 274 reviews

3.4
Forescout Technologies Chief Executive Officer  Wael Mohamed
Wael Mohamed

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
Cons
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Forescout Technologies and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work life balance"

Return to all Reviews
  1. 5.0
    Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Good work life balance

Apr 9, 2021 - Software Quality Assurance Engineer Intern in Plano, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good management, Good work life balance. Interesting work.

Cons

Bad career advancement, will have to leave the company to move forward in your career.

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great company

May 12, 2021 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Work life balance, benefits are great, friendly teams, decent communication from leadership.

Cons

Recent turnover can create challenges. Career growth can feel stagnant.

3. 2.0

Lots of technical debt

Feb 19, 2021 - Software Engineer in Dallas, TX
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good initial compensation, great work/life balance, good benefits.

Cons

A lot of the engineering budget is focused in Tel Aviv, if you are outside, don't expect to work on any innovative projects. Most of the technology is 10+ years old with years of accumulated technical debt and bugs. Like many other big companies, there are some people that truly care and are competent that keep things moving forward, while others sit back and ride the coattails. Also lots of restructuring and constant changes.

2 people found this review helpful
  4. 2.0
    Former Employee

Jack of all trades, master of none technology with arrogant leaders.

Jan 31, 2020 - Engineer in Nashville, TN
    Business Outlook

Pros

Peer support Team mentality Work life balance

Cons

Incomplete technology that does a little bit of everything but masters none. Integrations are hard, expensive and generally not worth it for the little value you get. Leadership are always chasing the shiny object.

15 people found this review helpful
  5. 2.0

“Toxic”

Jan 27, 2020 - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

People are nice here. They play hard. Work life balance is extraordinary.

Cons

Power is highly controlled by Tel Aviv even though HQ is at San Jose. There is no innovations in San Jose office. Management is really political.

14 people found this review helpful
  6. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place for motivated team players

Dec 19, 2019 - Marketing Team in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

The first company I've ever been at that really and truly honors work/life balance. From the CEO to all other members of management they ensure balance of life is a top priority. Which isn't to say there aren't long days, stressful times, etc - but management recognizes these efforts and we get it back. Great comp plans, fantastic medical (best I've ever had), they match 401K and promote a culture of recognition amongst peers. First company I've ever seen where non-sales people are recognized for their performance and get to go to President's Club (and this is a significant number who receive this recognition each year from business units like marketing, operations, finance, deal-desk, etc. ) Product is a game changer and our customer approval ratings are outstanding. In my 2+ years the growth and improvement has been constant for aligning previously silo'd teams and every day a stronger, more unified Forescout advances forward. Forescout has a diverse team, and this is a focus by leadership to continue progressing in this area (in 2019 alone we achieved a Board of Directors that is 50% female, and have 3 women in worldwide executive leadership roles, including VP of Worldwide Systems Engineering.) People jump in to help each other and the "in crowd" is no joke. But this "in crowd" consists of people who believe in Forescout, our customers, our team, our product and embrace making Forescout awesome in every way. If you are not someone who wants those things, then you'll for sure be on the outside of this crowd.

Cons

No major feedback, other than to remind folks that working at Forescout is a choice. Those who are giving low scores and venting behind the anonymity of this forum yet don't make the choice to leave - that's on you. Grow up and take some responsibility for your life. The rest of us who know how special Forescout is value candor, value direct communication from leadership, and we value being on a team with people who step in to help even when not their role. We value an environment where people show up because we love it here, where we jump in and get stuff done and don't wait to be told what to work on. We don't take short cuts. We are not lazy. We don't point fingers. We are not a group of people who wait for someone to "fix it" for us. We dive in and figure it out. We recognize that it's up to us to make our company great. This is Silicon Valley so there are plenty of openings out there at other companies. Go to one of those companies so Forescout can fill your spot with a team member who wants to be here.

4 people found this review helpful

CEO

You get it. You get that we have the best product on the market with the best customers. You get that we work hard but value balance, family and personal time. You get that we're making strides everyday towards building more global alignment and diverse teams. You get the value of our gritty, teamwork nature. And for that, we are so pumped to have you on Team Forescout. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts. - MDC

7. 1.0

Stay away if you can

Jan 22, 2020 - Software Engineer
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good health insurance plans. Good work life balance. Upscale office building. Competitive salary.

Cons

Aging product and slow execution. The engineering team in San Jose is dying after a new leader was hired in early 2019. Promising projects are constantly being transferred out. Good engineers have no choice but to leave because of bad management.

12 people found this review helpful

Chief Product & Strategy Officer

I’m sorry you feel that way, I’m super proud of our engineering team. We just launched our first SaaS product, and our San Jose engineering team was key in getting that to market. The team also built a new infrastructure to expand our orchestration strategy. We are committed to our engineering team here at HQ, and they have an exciting roadmap to continue building and expanding our product portfolio. - Pedro

8. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 10 years

Great work environment! Lots of opportunities to grow!

Jun 23, 2019 - Accounting Director in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

i have been working at ForeScout full time for more than 10 years. It is an outstanding company to work for, professional, talented people and plenty of opportunities to contribute and enhance your skills and career. I had the opportunity to relocate, change my role within the finance department and be part of something huge due to my managers support and inspiration. I got the chance to work with new teams on projects that inspired and challenged me every single time and gained a truly global experience. I'm fortunate to be in a place that understand the importance of Work- life balance and promotes it in so many ways (gym, company outings, working remotely, encouraging to work more efficiently vs. to work longer hours, maternity benefits etc.)

Cons

Currently there is no cons to speak about. There are challenges that we are experiencing as a growing company but with our clear agenda (vision) we will continue to achieve our goals.

Chief Financial Officer

Great insight for those who come to this site and read your review. This is definitely a team effort with varying degrees of peaks and valleys of work loa. I definitely value the sacrifices you make away from family during peak periods and am thrilled to hear the acknowledgment of effort to enabling relocations and job changes to further your skills and career. - Criss

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Solid Company, Creative Products, Hot Market - Lots of Talented People

Jun 20, 2019 - Finance-Operations in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Solid company that has challenged me, while helping myself and fellow employees achieve a decent work-life balance. Everyone contributes, and every one of your contributions is felt throughout the organization, although the company is well over 1000 employees. Good salary, bonus plan, and incentives, with excellent benefits.

Cons

Very sales oriented, which in some cases heavily stresses the back-office functions. For individuals; clear growth plans and deserved promotions could be focused on a little more.

1 person found this review helpful

Chief Financial Officer

Aye. Aye. I truly am trying to make greater in roads here than I have evidenced to date. Your feedback is fair and I will strive to progress us even more effectively and with greater speed than I have demonstrated to date. - Criss

10. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Lucky To Be Here!

Jun 19, 2019 - Finance - Operations in San Jose, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Never boring, growing, evolving company with huge potential in front of us. That creates excitement for me each day, never knowing what is going to happen, but feeling pretty confident that the end result will be a good one. There are long hours, days and weeks at times but my management team is extremely flexible, allowing me to work from home as much as i need to maintain the feeling of a good work/life balance. I have been recognized for my achievements in many different ways. Promoted from within, included in several exclusive activities that are only available to those who excel, which makes it really mean something when I am selected and recognized. The recognition piece, specifically within the CFOs functional organization is unique. I feel like what i do is important and has a genuine positive impact. That starts with Criss and flows down through his management team. These years with Forescout have been the best of my career, which have ultimately translated into some of the best times of my life. I know Mike has said before that some of the best years of our careers are on the way here at Forescout and so far that has been true. Cant wait for whats to come!

Cons

As we grow, expand, acquire it can sometimes feel like we haven't quite prepared properly for what is to come. Getting everyone on the same page is always a challenge. As someone who supports the sales organization, it can be difficult to communicate and implement change. Nothing unusual that most every company struggles to perfect.

Chief Financial Officer

I sincerely appreciate the kind words and extremely thoughtful sentiment. I hope many who come to this site have a chance to read your review. I am blushing. ;-) -Criss

Viewing 1 - 10 of 21 Reviews

Popular Careers with Forescout Technologies Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Forescout Technologies? Share Your Experiences

Company Updates

Logo

43 days ago

Company News
Today, we unveiled the Forescout Continuum Platform, the industry’s first automated cybersecurity platform that continuously manages the risk posture of assets across an enterprise’s digital terrain. Modern enterprises in all industries are experiencing a constantly fluctuating environment and a new level of complexity amidst rapid growth in cyber assets and increased cybersecurity threats and attacks. This changedrives misalignment with an organization’s security framework that creates a gap in security risk posture. The Continuum Platform maintains an organization’s security framework by automating the continuous discovery, assessment and governance for complete coverage of cyber assets to mitigate risk and drive business automation and efficiency.In addition to automating cybersecurity actions, Forescout is the only solution that delivers visibility and automation across all types of assets – IT, OT, IoT, IoMT – which collectively represent the digital terrain of your organization. Learn More: https://www.forescout.com/platform
Shared image - Platform - Forescout
Platform - Forescout
www.forescout.com

Forescout Technologies Photos

+ Add Photo
Forescout Technologies photo of: Tel Aviv Team
Forescout Technologies photo of: Our Bus Operations & IT teams giving back to the community by sorting 7 metric tons (15k+ lbs) of oranges at 2nd Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties
Forescout Technologies photo of: The Forescout Women's Network welcomed JJ DiGeronimo, author and keynote speaker for women's groups and gender diversity..
Forescout Technologies photo of: Team ForeScout + Customers at the Winchester Mystery House
Forescout Technologies photo of: "This is something I give to new hires or just re-read myself for a bit of fun but still gives amazing insights. One of Jack Colvet's Top 100 Business Books of All Time." Steve Redman, ForeScout CMO
Forescout Technologies photo of: ForeScout Executive Staff