Cover image for Foresight Mental Health

51% Recommend to a Friend
Best Places to Work 2022
47% Approve of CEO

Found 287 of over 289 reviews

Foresight Mental Health CEO Greg Serrao  (no image)
Greg Serrao

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

85.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Reviews&utm_content=Industry-content-prominent-Reviews&utm_term=Foresight Mental Health~3367189
Join the conversation on

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Pros
  • "Its a company that offers good benefits.(in 22 reviews)
  • "We had a great culture going and we had the best individuals who were compassionate and loved everything they do.(in 18 reviews)
  • "Pay is good.(in 17 reviews)
  • "The people are great and they are trying to walk the walk.(in 12 reviews)
  • "1 hour lunch, work from home, happy co(in 11 reviews)
Cons
  • "Rapid change can create gaps in communication and understanding but all employees, particularly leadership are aware of and actively addressing these needs.(in 12 reviews)
  • "Massive layoffs have affected the moral and trust every employee feels working for Foresight.(in 11 reviews)
  • "The new CEO is arrogant and out of touch with the work providers and lower level employees do on a day(in 6 reviews)
  • "Then they had mass layoffs, removed slack which provided remote workers a sense of community, took away paid weekly group consultation, switched EHRs to a medical model that is not user friendly, are putting all the work on the therapists including billing, intake, consenting, and all communication with members.(in 5 reviews)
  • "The new leadership team is doing a poor job at providing the team support, answering questions and overall leading.(in 4 reviews)
Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Foresight Mental Health and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
  1. 5.0
    Featured Review

Best remote employer

Aug 2, 2022 - Mental Health Clinican in Los Angeles, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great company to work for remotely. They have thought of everything needed to support the clinician. The benefits are excellent!

Cons

Six clients a day can be a very full day. Many of the collateral resonsibilites of a therapist are taken care of so that is a plus

Foresight Mental Health Response

We’re grateful to Foresighters like you who’ve helped build a solid foundation of clinical excellence here. You—and all of our providers—are the heart and soul of Foresight, and we’re so glad you’re here. Your continued support of our purpose and your contributions to helping our members heal and grow mean everything to us.

2. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

great place to work

Dec 6, 2022 - Regional Medical Director
    Business Outlook

Pros

Foresight is a growing and adapting company that takes on the challenge of trying to make mental healthcare accessible while also providing an environment that supports providers and prevents burnout.

Cons

As with any new place there are frequent shifts and changes

Foresight Mental Health Response

Thank you for your feedback and positive remarks! We are excited about the growth and evolution of our organization as we continue on our path of providing exceptional mental health services in our communities!

3. Join the Foresight Mental Health team
    See Our Latest Jobs
  4. 3.0

Mental Health Focus to Corporate Messiness

Aug 3, 2022 - Mental Health Clinician
    Business Outlook

Pros

The clinicians are great people, skilled therapists, and compassionate supporters of one another. Our operations teams and staff are incredible, taking on a rollercoaster of changes and incredibly helpful and reliable. Clinical leads are rockstars taking on a whole lot to be supportive to their teams as trust in upper management steadily erodes.

Cons

MASSIVE changes in the last few months. A used-to-be clinician-supportive environment (which allowed us to care for our clients like we all want and care about doing) has turned into a corporate clean-up mess. Slack has been eliminated and replaced with Google Spaces- not an experience that allows connection and support. Case consultation groups were required and compensated and are now optional and uncompensated. These decisions reflect a financial clean-up strategy that further isolate therapists in an already isolated remote and emotionally taxing work experience. Massive layoffs of staff in non-clinical departments have been bad for morale and illuminated the mistakes made by a startup company expanding too fast. Lastly, a change in EHR to a non-intuitive and non-user friendly medical model has proven disastrous, leaving clinicians frustrated, and handling a good deal of operations responsibilities without appropriate compensation. This includes being responsible for our own billing; having a designated team to handle billing was a selling point for Foresight for every clinician who applied prior to July 2022.

27 people found this review helpful

Foresight Mental Health Response

Thank you for sharing openly here. Indeed, we’ve been through a lot of change recently. These tough organizational decisions affected many of our wonderful colleagues, and we didn’t come to them lightly. These organizational shifts were made in service to continuing to fulfill our purpose of providing exceptional and affordable mental health care—for our members today, and for those who’ll need us in the future.

5. 1.0
    Former Employee

I feel bad for the owners

Nov 18, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

They have great benefits! Also, the people who work beside you are supporting and nice. The owners are sweethearts!

Cons

Management can’t decide anything. They are constantly having issue and places all blame on lower level employees instead of taking responsibility. There are hardly any type of communication between departments. You do what you can for the providers and fight all day long for them to have a great work environment yet you are getting hurt in the process. To make matters worse the new leaders hate to be told no or for you to stand up for yourself. I really feel bad for the owners Doug and Matt because you can tell they truly are trying. They want people to have better mental health and they are trying to make the world a better place. However, they are surrounded by toxic people who are only interested in themselves and their pockets rather than the needs of the employees and patients. I hope they get people who are done them and the wonderful vision they have for humanity.

8 people found this review helpful
  6. 3.0

Review

Sep 12, 2022 - Supervisor
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good benefits including 401 k match Supportive leaders Ability to see clients without being micromanaged Good for people who just want to see clients and not move up in the company.

Cons

EHR is difficult to learn As a leader I am paid less than some of my reports which doesn't make me feel that what I do matters. Overseeing staff and dealing with change and supporting therapists is a lot of responsibility. They don't care about that part or think that it is worth paying for with more money than people I supervise, Why be a leader? I might as well be a therapist and not have the leader responsibility. Recently they changed the job description &told us to think about if we wanted to still be a leader. That was insulting. I'm going back to being a therapist. Also people with 1 or 2 years of experience make more money than I do just because of where they live. I have a lot of time as a therapist and am also supervising. It is wrong that they make so much more.

6 people found this review helpful
  7. 1.0
    Former Employee

Knock knock, just another example of a toxic startup culture now

Sep 26, 2022 - Operations
    Business Outlook

Pros

The dream that the company started with attracted the most incredible individuals who put their whole hearts into it and it really reflected. I hope for the sake of the members, it can one day return to this state.

Cons

Didn’t realize I signed up for the new CEO’s masterclass on how to ruin a company culture, complete with a monthly (always technically challenged) Zoom lecture and references to his other "thriving" business ventures. Sprinkle in passive-aggressive comments about those who are no longer with the company and blunt answers to questions that seem obvious to him, but news to everyone else without realizing the emotional impact of such announcements. Benefits, company morale, resources for providers, and anything resembling support have been muted and promptly shut off just like those in the first layoff. Quickly followed by a second layoff and too quick of a transition into a new EHR system that is clearly inadequate for the care model. Remove half the support staff, triple the work, and all for C-Suite’s low price of no raises through the end of the year! If you can get past that, Payroll is always a mess and HR will gaslight you as you have to fight every step of the way to get the money you deserve.

20 people found this review helpful
  8. 1.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Company appears to be struggling to stay afloat

Dec 4, 2022 - Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

There is a waitlist of clients waiting to be assigned a therapist.

Cons

Benefits have been quietly removed, including the $400 yearly stipend for continuing education, $2500 reimbursement for advanced certification, paid weekly consultation groups, paid weekly all staff meetings. The compensation is below market rate. The morale of the company is low and clinicians are leaving for other places. A large number percentage of support staff have been laid off.

5 people found this review helpful

Foresight Mental Health Response

Thank you for your feedback. Our providers are the cornerstone of Foresight. Though some of these organizational changes have been difficult, we are thrilled about the many new offerings for our providers. These include a salary compensation model with multiple availability bands, a part time hourly option and an in house CEU program! We are excited about the trajectory of Foresight and continuation of our mission to provide high quality mental health services in the communities we serve.

9. 1.0

Barebones support

Oct 17, 2022 - Licensed Mental Health Therapist
    Business Outlook

Pros

You have support getting clients on your schedule (sort of)

Cons

- Pay is based on clients seen with minimal paid meetings (for sustaining your own well-being as a therapist, such as 1-1s with a clinical supervisor, case consultations, in-house trainings, and team meetings). -- *No overtime provided as an hourly-employee. - Very little and hard-to-access administrative and technical support. Administrative support looks like: Helping with scheduling initial client appointments, follow-up with clients no showing (only after you attempt to contact clients first) *They were also helping with scheduling follow-up appointments but that is going away soon too. -- You are expected to call your clients on your DAYS OFF to cancel/reschedule (planned or unexpected) - Documentation time is not included in your schedule and is instead, paid at your hourly rate for 2 hours/weekly/noted separately on your paycheck. *A slick way for them to sneak in more clients on your schedule and not paying you overtime for any documentation time that you have to find after work-hours, if you cannot finish within the 10 min window between clients (which let's be honest, can vary because client sessions do not always end right on the 50 minute mark/unexpected last minute questions/concerns may be raised which need to be addressed)

12 people found this review helpful
  10. 1.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

Corrupt & Manipulative

Dec 7, 2022 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the good workers I met there will become forever friends as only they can relate to the hostility and and manipulation that management and CEOs bestowed upon

Cons

I don’t know who they’re paying off to not be shut down by so many illegal actions starting with not being HIPPA compliant whatsoever with member’s health information. I would sue if I was a member previous or current of them.

11. 1.0

Run! Don't walk.

Sep 7, 2022 - Therapy Support
    Business Outlook

Pros

The only pro is that aside from leadership, it is comprised of some of the kindest and most supportive humans, who genuinely want to do good in this world and actually believe in the mission of providing affordable and accessible mental health care. I hope that they can all find new jobs soon and leave this horrible place.

Cons

There are too many!!! But to start... there were two mass layoffs this year with more to come. One was immediate with no severance and the second wave was given a 60-day notice and severance (if they stayed until the end). Then we have a dishonest and incompetent leadership team that does not care about the rest of the employees at Foresight or its members. They are incapable of running an effective meeting. The same problems that existed months ago are still here but with 1000 more. They make rash decisions without thinking through all of the repercussions. A good example is that they laid off people without realizing how pivotal they are to Foresight's "success" so after their realization they went back to them and asked them to stay. In a company meeting, they announced that they did not realize how important this group of people were at the time but NOW do and are glad they are staying. CRINGE. The pay is horrible and job descriptions are not clear. You spend most of your time trying to put out the fires that management caused so that members can get somewhat decent care. It is physically and mentally exhausting.

15 people found this review helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 287 Reviews
</>Embed

Foresight Mental Health Reviews FAQs

Foresight Mental Health has an overall rating of 3.0 out of 5, based on over 289 reviews left anonymously by employees. 51% of employees would recommend working at Foresight Mental Health to a friend and 43% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -37% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Foresight Mental Health employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.0 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Foresight Mental Health. This rating has decreased by -32% over the last 12 months.

51% of Foresight Mental Health employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Foresight Mental Health 3.3 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.2 for culture and values and 3.0 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Foresight Mental Health to be culture, benefits, coworkers and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership, career development.

Popular Careers with Foresight Mental Health Job Seekers