Forest Grove School District Reviews | Glassdoor

Forest Grove School District Reviews

4.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Excellent place to work"

Pros

Great support staff, the athletic department where I work is very kind and has exemplary characteristics and truly believes in the ideology of the welfare and attitude of the student athlete over winning.

Cons

None, It's a great place to work.

Advice to Management

None

2. "Great people"

Former Employee - Instructional Assistant
    Former Employee - Instructional Assistant

I worked at Forest Grove School District part-time

Pros

Beautiful campus, wonderful coworkers, and caring students.

Cons

Like any other school, teachers are stretched thin. I loved working with students but wish I had more time to help and get to know the teacher I was working with. Thirty kindergarteners in a room doesn't leave you much time to interact with other adults in the room.

Advice to Management

You all are fabulous and passionate. Keep doing what you are doing!

3. "A bit of both"

Current Employee - Teacher in Forest Grove, OR
    Current Employee - Teacher in Forest Grove, OR

I have been working at Forest Grove School District full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This district had one of the best salaries in the area and great benefits to boot. Coworkers and children were the best part of working here and the way we all worked hard to help children was incredible.

Cons

I've heard from colleagues that this is definitely a good ole boys type of place and sometimes school politics were horrendous. There have been many budget cuts and as a result, staffing is difficult. ..too many students per classroom and the slew of top down directives makes it extremely challenging to keep up. Some meetings were meaningless in effecting change and we're a time drain. Let teachers teach! Another negative aspect was that without real support from the district, oftentimes curriculum was lagging and leadership nonexistent, meaning teachers creating a lot of the curriculum on top of an already stressful workload.

Advice to Management

Stretch resources to have the DO do the actual curriculum, only focus on 2 or so directives a year and continue it with fidelity for a few years to make sure it's done WELL.

4. "Good District to Work For"

I have been working at Forest Grove School District full-time

Pros

Higher salaries than neighboring districts and good work-life balance. All school breaks, holidays and summers off. Dress code is very causal.

Cons

Overall staff seem to have a negative attitude. "That's not in my job description" seems to be a favorite phrase.