Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Association Reviews

Updated May 16, 2020

3.2
Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Association President & CEO Darin Drabing (no image)
Darin Drabing
Pros
  • "Great benefits, flexibility in schedule depending on manager, constant promotion opportunities(in 9 reviews)

• "Work life balance is superior, good benefits, genuinely kind people(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Very high school, gossip & petty games(in 3 reviews)

• "You have to play games to get ahead in the non-profit world of funeral service(in 3 reviews)

1. "Great Team"

I worked at Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Association full-time

Pros

-Great Management and Staff -Great time Serving Families in need -Great Benefits

Cons

-Salary is on lower end

2. "Poor Leadership and it starts at the top"

2.0
    Former Employee - Supervisor in Cypress, CA

I worked at Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Association full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Great benefits. Pension Plan. Met some great mentors and colleagues that took me under their wing. They invest in their management team. Leadership training was very informative and helpful for my growth.

Cons

7 years of loyalty. Put my blood sweat and tears and went from being an exemplary employee to “a problem employee” all because of change of management, poor leadership, politics and obvious favoritism . She took a great team and demoralized them. Condescending, bullying, rude, toxic, manipulative and unprofessional. She came to clean house to have Cypress Park be run by her minions. Very disheartening, the morale of the entire park went down. HR did nothing about the complaints that almost everyone at the location had filed a complaint against her. It all starts at the top, the unprofessional behavior of the CEO who showed zero compassion when I went to him for coaching and to report the issues happening at his park. They all have covered up years of sexual harassment by their Senior VP. I would not recommend working here unless you’re willing to play politics and be part of the good ole boys club. You will never go anywhere if you are a kind, compassionate and a dedicated individual.

Continue reading

"I learned from the best in the Business."

Former Employee - Apprentice Embalmer Funeral Director in Covina, CA

Pros

Always the families came First . Hired at 18 years old when a company gave opportunity and I spent 8 years dedicated and loyal.

Cons

Company changed ownership, bad things happened!!

Continue reading
  4. "A company which cares about its employees."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

I worked at Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Association full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly and family oriented atmosphere. Leadership - including CEO and VPs - is approachable. Excellent benefits and career advancement. The company promotes from within. Meritocracy is a real thing.

Cons

There is a need to make some salaries more competitive.

"Customer service"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Association full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Cons

Families can get you fired fast, heavy work load in a already stressful environment, if you dont have have the right supervisor department issue can escalate

"Love working here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Pros

Great place to work. There's reason why employees stay here as long as they do. I've been here for 14 years and planning on sticking around for more years. People are great and so is management. Management appreciates hard work. I've been promoted 2 times (without doing any favors). Simply been approach and offered those positions because of my hard work.

Cons

Glad we're improving the technology.

"Service Arrangements"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

I have been working at Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Association full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Benefits, Vacation and sick time

Cons

Kiss butt to move up, favoritisms all around the board. False promises and have you "prove yourself" and will never pay you your worth.

"Stagnant company"

I have been working at Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Association full-time

Pros

- End of the year banquets are pretty lavish

Cons

- Most of the processes are archaic and technology really hasn't caught up to this company - HR department is unprofessional

9. "Advance planner"

I worked at Forest Lawn Memorial-Park Association full-time

Pros

Very good employee relationship within the company.

Cons

Advancement is limited. Sales type of job, income is not stable.

"Excellent place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Glendale, CA

Pros

Work life balance is superior, good benefits, genuinely kind people. Once a few bad weeds were eliminated, the morale overall really improved. And management is really receptive to hearing what you have to say.

Cons

Pay could be a little higher

Found 53 reviews