Forever 21 Reviews | Glassdoor

1.0
Forever 21 Co-Founder and CEO Do Won "Don" Chang
Do Won "Don" Chang

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Working in fast paced environment (in 252 reviews)

• Opportunities to learn a lot about the industry (in 56 reviews)

Cons

1. "Quitting only after 6 weeks"

Current Employee - Visual Associate in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Visual Associate in New York, NY

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-As a Visual Associate, Sometimes they let you do early shifts from 8am-12pm
    -Good part-time job
    -Friendly and supportive co-workers

Cons

There are A LOT of cons and I would advise people to stay away from this job. I have only been here for 6 weeks and I'm already looking for another job!! I can hardly pay my bills because of the short hours. Also, Our store is sent so much clothing that we can't fit it all onto the sales floor. Cleaning up the piles of shoes, clothing and accessories is tiring and can take hours. The overnight Floorset shifts are HORRIBLE. I don't mind having to occasionally work at different times of the day (late nights, very early mornings, etc) But these Floorset shifts are the worst. You stay from 11pm-8am and we are required to do them each time. I have been scheduled three of these overnight shifts PER WEEK even though i was told in the interview that floorset is only done "occasionally" every few months. I can't work here anymore I absolutely hate it here.

Advice to Management

Something needs to be done about floorset and closing shifts. It is unbearable

2. "Visual Merchandiser/ Assistant Manager"

I worked at Forever 21 full-time

Pros

You learn and experience a lot. If you can survive here you will be prepared for anything. (Because the place is absolutely crazy)

Cons

Overworked and underpaid. No support from upper management. Upper management does not take the time to get to know employees, which often leads to unqualified or unprepared people being promoted and deserving employees being overlooked. There is opportunity for advancement but it is up to chance rather than merit and many deserving candidates who are promoted have horror stories of what they had to deal with in order to finally get the promotion they deserved.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with respect. Do not treat sales associates or lower management as if they are beneath you and do not matter. These people deal directly with customers and represent your business so if they do not feel appreciated and do not care about the job it will be reflected in their service and will negatively affect the way your customers view your company.

"Think Twice"

Former Employee - Buyer in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Buyer in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Forever 21 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I don't think there are any? Oh wait, free Ice Cream on Fridays at Cafe 21

Cons

Upper management doesn't listen, good luck having HR help you in any way. If you dont speak Korean, get ready to feel like a 3rd wheel. Trying to have a creative outlet will get you no where.

Advice to Management

Communication- For a company with 2,000 + employess you certainly don't communicate. You think you're structured? Don't make me laugh, the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!

4. "Sales"

I worked at Forever 21 part-time

Pros

Get to see what is in style

Cons

cliques, not enough pay or employee discount

5. "Would not recommend working here"

I have been working at Forever 21 full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great company to work for if you are just starting out and would like some insight on corporate culture.

Cons

It does feel a lot like high school. Many positions are just given by how liked you are. Not how well you do your job or how much knowledge and experience you have.

6. "Sales associates"

I have been working at Forever 21 part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible. Friendly staff. Part time.

Cons

No benefits. No full time positions.

7. "Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Okay discounts on clothing and getting first dibs on the last trending outfits

Cons

Can never find a manager. There was never enough store members on the floor. They were also hiring but never had enough employees. Their hiring process also took too long, I had gotten hired in July 2016 and I didn't get called back for training until Aug 2016. They always wanted you to work over hours, but never wanted to pay you overtime for it. Managers always playing favoritism, if you don't suck up to them, you was barely put on the schedule. There is no room or growth for opportunities

Advice to Management

Managers are there lead not be friends. For a big company that hire a lot of employees they need to make sure they are showing up for their shifts and also not stealing from them

8. "Retail Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Retail Sales Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Affordable clothing and discounts. Got first dibs on the last trends and promotions that was going on.

Cons

Bad management. Managers don't know how to lead would rather be your friend. Can never find a store member on the floor. Never had enough store member but was always hiring. There is no room for growth or opportunities. If you didn't stuck up to the managers then you barely got put on the schedule. So many employees got caught stealing. I remember so many fights will happen and nothing was done about it. It seemed as if the employees run the store more than the manager cause the employees were also doing what they wanted to do. Never any sense of direction, When ever I come to work there was always a new manager running the floor and mind you I worked in the time square location, so imagine walking into this store and not knowing who the new manager is for floor. The store was always dirty and you can guarantee that there was clothes on the floor. Needs better management.

Advice to Management

Managers are there to lead not be friends. Have a better watch on employees. make sure that the store is organized and well run.

9. "Na"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Sunrise, FL

I worked at Forever 21 full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Proper Training helps all employees

Cons

Pay's way too unimaginably low.

Advice to Management

Sensitivity training needed

10. "I'm not impressed"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Towson, MD
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Towson, MD

I worked at Forever 21 part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

lunch break,paid, few days off

Cons

5 minutes short break, 4 hours standing,slow long day

Advice to Management

none. they rude...

Showing 918 of 3,896 reviews