Forever Collectibles Reviews | Glassdoor

Michael Lewis

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at Forever Collectibles full-time

Pros

Wonderful company with a lot of room for upward growth and potential. "Team-work" attitude between all employees. The environment is very relaxed, all while working to get the job done. It is a sports industry company, which explains enough that it is an awesome and fun place to work. Everyone's best interest is in mind, and each employee is able to utilize their strengths and work ethic in order to better the services provided to our sports professional clients, Fortune 500 companies, and everyday customers. Over all, it is a good place to work, with a motivating management team and inspiring CEO.

Cons

Not many women in management, would be great to see more women developed into those roles.

Advice to Management

Increase in in-house learning develop programs/workshops.

2. "Sales rep"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Forever Collectibles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You are working in sports. Depending on the client, the major sports teams or huge distributors do take you as a joke though.

Cons

The management doesn't care for staff. The owners kid works IT and can't even figure out how to turn on a computer. Just a terrible ran company, oh and they don't pay anywhere near a decent salary. Also all the good reviews are written by the company.

Advice to Management

Don't be so cheap.

3. "Terrible first job experience"

Former Employee - Photographer/Re-Toucher in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Photographer/Re-Toucher in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Forever Collectibles full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You figure out what you want to do- or don't want to do. If you are in a position that is right for you then you will learn a lot.

Cons

I was hired by the Forever Collectibles (FOCO) team in May of 2017. I had joined the team because I was told of a place that had a young, cool vibe with a “start-up” feel to it. I was told of pay raises and bonuses, work outings at least three times a month, and trips to China and London- a perfect sounding starter job for a millennial.

Within two weeks of getting there I had realized my mistake of accepting the job. First off, the work day is from 8 am until 5 pm- not only longer than average, but I was also expected to stay later than 5 pm more than a couple dozen times. I had even stayed until 7 PM a few nights night without any compensation or extra pay. They expect work to be your life and if you do not abide by these rules you will be let go.

Now I can overlook –but still cringe at- the crude and sexist jokes the owner, Michael Lewis, makes during company wide meeting; I can ignore the fact that everyone in this company seems to bond over hating their position and needing freelance work to make up for the low paying salary; I can dismiss the low IQ conversations that occur throughout the halls without any sign of intelligence or higher form of thought; I can even grasp that this is a place that exploits kids right out of college to do the repetitive and downright unnecessary work. The thing I do not get is the way I was let go.

I was fired on a Monday afternoon about 20 minutes before the day ended. The end of the day, while terrible, is comprehensible- but a Monday? Really? That is a low and disrespectful blow. At least give me the weekend to figure out my next move and a little cushion in regards a full paycheck. I was fired without warning and out of the blue and when I incessantly asked why I was being let go their response was “the company is moving in a different direction”. The company was not moving in a different direction. My position included me cutting images out from their background to be posted and sold on their website. You’re telling me you aren’t cutting images out from their background anymore? You aren’t posting edited images on your website? My job suddenly just became obsolete? At least provide me with an authentic reason as to why I am being let go so I can learn for the next time. No severance given, no notice given, utterly disrespected, and left in the dark.

If you are a person right out of college do not work here. They will exploit your time and effort and cut you off right before your 401k, 3-month bonus, and health benefits kick in. As to those who are older and are looking for a position here, look somewhere else. If you want to work at a place that keeps you busy with monotonous labor for hours on end with a joke of a salary in a setting that is far from enjoyable then by all means, FOCO is the place for you.

P.S the positive reviews are created from inside the company. I remember hearing management discussing writing positive reviews to boost up the ratings.

Advice to Management

Not even going to waste my time.

"Not really worth your time"

I worked at Forever Collectibles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You will learn a lot and potentially be set up for a good career moving forward, just know going in that this will not be a long term job if you want to have any semblance of a life outside of work. Knowing that it was just a stepping stone to something better is the only thing that kept me sane.

Cons

The salary is extremely low- even after 2 years with the company and multiple raises.

You will work well past 5 every single day and not be rewarded or even acknowledged for it, but if there is one day you leave at 5:15, they will definitely notice that and say something about how you must need more work. You can also expect to come in on Saturday at least once a month.

The CEO is a lunatic and not a nice person. The fact that I was contributing to the bank account of Michael Lewis made me loathe my job even more. When I quit, he told me that I was an idiot and said he knew I didn't have what it takes to succeed, even though a month earlier he told me he was impressed with how smart I was. You can expect to be talked down to and treated like garbage at least a few times a month, even if you are good at your job.

Advice to Management

You have a lot of good employees. When you have someone good, pay them more and treat them better so they don't leave. Don't lie to yourselves and just say that every time someone good leaves they are confused and making a mistake.

"Avoid Like the Plague"

I worked at Forever Collectibles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

If you need job experience and are okay with bigotry in the work place, this is the job for you. You will learn a lot in the first 6 months and you will learn how to work with people who are completely different than you and have different ideas on how to address problems and create solutions.

Cons

The level of immaturity among managers leads to instability and confusion. The yelling and verbal abuse from the CEO happens regularly and somewhat public. You are considered a good employee if you "take verbal abuse well." Racist, sexist, homophobic and Islamaphobic slurs casually come out in meetings from the CEO, be prepared to be singled out. Plan to work overtime and come in on weekends for no compensation. The pay is terrible no matter how hard you work and how much effort you put in. There is no incentive to stay longer than two years. There is no career advancement so don't believe it when you are told that a promotion will be available with hard work. Your title might change, but your job and pay will stay about the same.
    The turnover rate is ridiculously high. I stopped counting how many people quit or were fired after I hit 80 people. This is a small company so loosing 80+ people in under 2 years is a majority of the workforce. There is no job security even when your department is completely understaffed and overworked. Upper management constantly complains about projects and assignments not getting done yet they don't take their own incompetence into account along with the fact that people are leaving left and right.
    Also the positive reviews are not accurate in any sense. They are written by "HR" and senior management at the company. Don't expect to be treated with respect unless you are a "favorite" and a suck up who does Crossfit to curry favor with the CEO.

Advice to Management

Stop expecting entry level employees to do your job for you. Also, just quit. There is no way for the company to get any better with 90% of the management there. If you do decide to stay, stop treating the entry level employees like they are unqualified children. Also, if you do fire them, tell them why, give them a REAL reason.

Jun 2, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Forever Collectibles is dedicated to giving all its’ employees a safe and open environment. We work with our employees to develop not only the company goals but also employees in their professional... More

"Rude, awful, and disorganized"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Somerset, NJ

Pros

Lol that's a good one

Cons

There are many negative reviews on here for a reason. I should've taken it as a red flag when I had nearly three interviews that had to be re-scheduled completely last minute. Management is constantly heard immaturely screaming throughout the building and creates a negative, stressful work environment. Everyone bonds over how awful their jobs are and how employees are only looked at as numbers by upper-management. If you are on here reading this because you are considering a job with them -- don't.

Jun 2, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Forever collectibles is a fast pace company that strives to create a respectful work environments for it’s employees. We value our open-door policy and encourage our employees to discuss any issues.

"DO NOT work here"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Forever Collectibles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned a decent amount since I was right out of college.

Cons

All employees bonding over hating their jobs.

Jun 2, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Forever collectibles believes in a collaborative learning environment and are open to discussing growth and any career goals an employee may have.

"STAY AWAY. You will not have a worse working experience"

Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Assistant in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Forever Collectibles full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Young work environment. Some travel. I'd also like to state here that the positive reviews are an absolute fallacy and were created by the company's HR department to try and bring up the abysmal reviews that are listed here. Ignore those, as they're an insult to those of us who wasted years of our lives under the Lewis tyranny.

Cons

Wow. Where to even begin. It's basically a complete mystery how this company has not gone completely under.

Jun 2, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

Forever Collectibles values all its employees. We work to develop our employees and encourage them to part take in our open-door policy.

"HAZARD- WORK AT YOUR OWN RISK"

Former Employee - Sales Administrative in Somerset, NJ
    Former Employee - Sales Administrative in Somerset, NJ

I worked at Forever Collectibles full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros- there are some I am not going to lie... If in Sales- potential to travel- see customers around the US, also potential to attend trade shows. If in merchandising- potential to travel to China to visit factories and get samples. Also a huge PRO is being able to work out in the middle of the day.

Cons

CONS- JUST ABOUT EVERYTHING ELSE. There were job postings for my job weeks if not months prior to them letting me go because they were making cuts. I was laid off on a Friday due to "making cuts" however they hired someone for my exact job the Monday of that week. I was 4 days away from hitting the 1 year mark there- HA! They didn't even offer me any other job they have posted- not even to clean the toilets and both of my managers left early the day (COWARDS) I was let go by someone I never spoke to. JUST BE HONEST WITH PEOPLE- and be honest with yourself- SILLY SILLY IMMATURITY. Expectations to work above and beyond work hours is the norm. While yes you may need to work late because of customers in different locations, it is expected that you stay past 5pm everyday, usually till 7pm. You can even work from home- which they expect you to do- and they expect you to stay late and work from home because everything is such a mess. You could be told to come in on a Saturday with less than 12 hours notice. This is due to the lack of structure within the company. Without that structure- panics are created and stresses everyone out- you hear screaming and cursing all throughout the day. The company grew rapidly and did not hire accordingly. Every department needs more employees however the company is so cheap you are stuck with all the work on your plate. There is no guidance from management, no 1 on 1 meetings, no real time spent training because everyone is so busy because there is so much on everyone's plate and they don't want to waste a second on you. You may ask management to go over a few things, and then you are told only after 5pm or even later because their priorities are not you as their employee. They make it so 1 person knows so much about 1 aspect of the business that they easily become overwhelmed and if that person were to walk away the place would crash and burn. There is major favoritism and there is a major lack of true HR. There is no HR- no one to go to and no one cares- if you don't like anything about working there they want you to leave they love getting rid of people. Raises are a joke- management wants their bonuses and I doubt they actually want to see anyone succeed. You are just a piece to their insane puzzle to make the company money and that is it. The company makes 100 million dollars a year if not more and I bet they pay less than 3 million on salaries. You are always being told by the owner- I have made enough money for the rest of my life- who wants to hear that really? Why do people brag.... they aren't truly happy. No one is happy there. I couldn't have been more thankful that I got laid off- THANKS!

Advice to Management

ADVICE TO MANAGEMENT- MANAGE! Care about the success of your subordinates- they are a reflection of you- but management and ownership doesn't even see that either. I understand the philosophy of figure it out on your own- see who sinks or swim blah blah. If you show your employees what is important to you- and what needs to be important to them- you can then potentially find less mistakes being made- so maybe spend a little more time on that. Managers should be there to assist you with your issues and concerns but they have so many issues and concerns of their own your bound to fail.

Jun 2, 2017 – Talent Acquisition Manager

As a sport merchandising company, we work at a fast pace but we work to develop our employees along the way. We value our employees and look to provide several benefits such as 401K, low cost health... More

"Work Hard Play Hard"

Pros

-Younger aged employees make a fun and exciting environment. Many employees often hang out together, outside of work hours.
    -Obviously every department will have different views depending on their workload/type of work. But since it is a smaller company, if you want to and are willing to learn, you can gain more experience and knowledge much faster.
    -There is opportunity to be switch around amongst departments to where you best fit and the opportunity for more responsibility.
    -You can participate in a Crossfit class during the work day, which helps break up your day and relieve stress.
    -Some people get to go to games and team events.
    -Company sponsored events like bowling, ice cream, picnics, happy hours, and more.

Cons

-Never consistent hours.
    -Lower starting salary, but with hard work you can get good raises and bonuses.

Advice to Management

Overall, I can honestly say I look forward to going to work on Monday and I am excited about my future with this company. My advice would be to keep trying to give the employees the best work/life balance so we can stay refreshed and ready to work, while still having time to enjoy our lives and families!