Forever New Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.4
Amanda Goenka

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Staff discount it also a massive plus (in 7 reviews)

• A fast paced global fashion retailer (in 5 reviews)

Cons
  • extremely high turnover makes things difficult (in 9 reviews)

• Head office seems like they have given up with the Canadian stores (in 8 reviews)

1. "Outstanding culture that supports you to develop both professionally and personally."

Current Employee - Business Manager in Brisbane (Australia)
    Current Employee - Business Manager in Brisbane (Australia)

I have been working at Forever New full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Forever New truly fosters a supportive, collaborative and positive work environment. This enables you to really feel true ownership not just of your role, but the role you play in the company’s bigger picture.
    Development and career progression are also something the brand does well. This is really championed by leaders in the business through not just general communication but constantly working to understand their people’s needs.

Cons

Like any dynamic retailer the pace is fast and agility is key. This however is more of an opportunity than a challenge.

2. "Global Opportunities"

I have been working at Forever New full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I’ve had many opportunities to develop my career in the six years with Forever New, the global footprint & entrepreneurial pace ensures I’m always challenged, learning & well-travelled.

Cons

You have to be able to work in a very fast pace.

3. "Fast paced and entrepreneurial environment"

Current Employee - Human Resources
    Current Employee - Human Resources

I have been working at Forever New full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My team are great, very friendly and engaging – professional yet really personable which makes coming to work enjoyable. Forever New are rolling out a lot of great people initiatives which is making a difference, this is gaining a lot of support across the head office departments. There is opportunity for career progression as the company is very dynamic and entrepreneurial, I like the fast paced environment!

Cons

Opportunity to further flexible working arrangements and promote these across the business.

4. "Enjoyable Working Environment"

I worked at Forever New part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good team
    Representing good products
    Good working culture with everyone genuinely keen to reach sales targets

Cons

Constant turnover of management
    Understaffed at the time

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees when they tell you they need more staff

5. "Riding the wave of a tough retail climate"

Current Employee - Planner in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Planner in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Forever New full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Great people and social culture
    -Investment in systems means teams have the best tools and data to support decision making of all Australian retailers
    -Fast paced and dynamic- if you have ideas that will benefit the company you can implement them quickly.
    -It's never boring and the exec team are always looking for ways to improve the business
    - Retail is tough and the because of the way the business is run it will be secure while others are struggling
    - Strong new product team means upcoming collections are better than ever

Cons

-Most employees are great but a few with negative attitudes spread gossip and negative vibes in the office. There have been issues with office culture in the past but it's being addressed and improving, especially since the move to the beautiful new office.

Advice to Management

-There are a lot of Mums coming back to work who would like to work part time long term. To retain talent, flexible working hours and part time hours should be part of the culture.

6. "Buyer's Assistant"

Current Employee - Buyer's Assistant
    Current Employee - Buyer's Assistant

Pros

Fast Paced
    Good place to start

Cons

Poor management
    High turnover
    Little incentive

"Planning"

Former Employee - Planner in Melbourne (Australia)
    Former Employee - Planner in Melbourne (Australia)

I worked at Forever New full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I did make some good friends working here and progressed faster in my career than likely would have been possible anywhere else. The planning/buying systems used are very good which isn't to be underrated.

The company knew it had issues with its people and culture, and did take some steps to try and rectify this, if very very slowly. The social events organised were always quite good!

Cons

- extremely high turnover makes things difficult. People are often thrust into new positions without the training or expertise but still expected to complete tasks from day dot. Recruiting is very much a "put a bum on a seat" attitude. You'll spend as much time training others as you will your actual job.

- very little training and support. I was lucky in that I had relationships around the office so could ask for help from other depts, but without that I would have been lost!

-very low pay (well below industry standard) and long hours. I consistently worked late nights and Sundays.

-I have read other reviews and noted that people have talked about "cattiness" which is somewhat true. If you work here, expect to be openly yelled at multiple times, and regardless of what you might think about your professionalism literally everyone has openly cried at some point.

Advice to Management

Encourage diversity in teams and invest in your HR and recruiting processes. If you're going to offer peanuts don't be surprised when all you attract is circus animals.

"Head office"

I have been working at Forever New full-time

Pros

Sample sales..... that is it and it is not worth working there for.... see cons!!!

Cons

I would not recommend Forever New to anyone. It is toxic and it will change your outlook on life and people! Nobody knows what they are doing, you can't get answers/decisions made, seriously it is kind of like a game, not real life! Very frustrating for hard/good workers.

Advice to Management

Their are one or two great managers (that I know of) and then some absolutely shocking managers and I think this is well known but nobody does anything about it and they will not leave, so everyone else is.

9. "Endless Opportunities"

Current Employee - Buyer in Richmond, Victoria (Australia)
    Current Employee - Buyer in Richmond, Victoria (Australia)

I have been working at Forever New full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Lovely new offices, central location. Good culture with great social environment and benefits. Resources are endless in this company, a great place to grow your career.

Cons

Traffic can be really nasty in peak hour although there is public transport on the doorstep.

10. "Experience Depends on Store Location"

Former Employee - Casual Sales Assistant
    Former Employee - Casual Sales Assistant

I worked at Forever New part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Experience and work environment is highly dependent on store manager. Some good managers made work very enjoyable and promoted a team atmosphere where everyone put in their fair share of work.
    -Good opportunities for career progression

Cons

Some managers play favourites and turn the work environment into a toxic, cliquey place. Incompetent managers and even those who steal do not get reprimanded and if you report this you will get bullied into quitting. Staff who aren't managers favourites also do not get fair hours in the week and also eventually quit.

Advice to Management

Crack down on store managers and be more aware of operations at a store level. Listen to your employees. Just because you are friends with a certain manager does not mean they can do no wrong.