KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

FormFactor

Is this your company?

FormFactor

Add a Review

FormFactor Employee Reviews about "work environment"

Updated Oct 30, 2020

Found 8 of over 156 reviews

3.8
FormFactor President and Chief Executive Officer Mike Slessor  (no image)
Mike Slessor
Pros
  • "Good work life balance and helpful managers(in 11 reviews)

• "Maintains a friendly work environment(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Poor management - they do not value long term employees and the skills they bring(in 4 reviews)

• "Upper management has shown tendencies to favor/protect tenured employees(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of FormFactor and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "work environment"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Intern

Mechanical

Oct 30, 2020 - Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good to work Better work environment

Cons

Far from silicon valley too much documentation

2. 5.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

Innovation

Apr 24, 2020 - Anonymous Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Given the opportunity to explore your ideas and an amazing work environment

Cons

It's a pretty narrow field of concentration but many other innovations are being done

3. 3.0
      Former Intern, less than 1 year

FormFactor Internship Review

Feb 24, 2020 - Anonymous Intern
      Business Outlook

Pros

Maintains a friendly work environment

Cons

A bit disorganized, company software is dated & difficult to set up

4. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Pleasantly Surprised

Jul 17, 2016 - Test Technician in Beaverton, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

I joined this company very recently, so this review is from the perspective of a new employee that comes from a much larger corporation. When I joined Cascade Microtech, they had just announced they were going to be acquired by Formfactor. I was a little bit nervous about that, since I had just joined the team. My supervisor and his boss made sure that in the coming weeks they had Q/A sessions and alleviated most of the concern/anxiety the current workforce had. Coming from a much larger corporation, which housed 100k employees, I was interested to see how things were done in a much smaller company. Most of the reviews, on glassdoor or indeed, were either very good or very bad. Management and Training: I was pleasantly surprised by the transparency between the technicians and management. They acknowledged, at least to me and the other new employee on day one, that they did not have a real training program but were working on it and were going to roll it out in a few weeks. They kept to their promise and gave out detailed expectations of each job function and what would be required to attain the last level. I noticed that a lot of the more senior employees did not like this, nor some of the new policies that had been rolled out under the new management. I think that had to do with the fact most of them had not worked anyplace else. I feel that the new management, of the factories at least, are very fair and transparent and that the policies are very generous and lenient compared to most companies in the area. They delivered to me a 90 day new employee plan that had mapped out what I needed to be proficient in by the end of the time frame in order to keep my position. All of the expectations were fair. The actual training had some bumps in the road, as they were trying out a new training plan. The senior employees were responsible for the training, and executed as well as could be expected for people that had no previous training baseline or expectations. The one thing that I did feel was the trainers were holding back some of their "tribal" knowledge/BKMs. That could have been due to the fact they are updating their work instructions and most of the processes were not written down previously. Overall, they are going in the right direction and things were good. The Supervisors and factory manager are all new and from much larger organizations. They are doing what is right to make the transition from a small company to a mid-sized corporation. They are very forthcoming about everything and take input from the employees and act on them. There are quarterly reviews with your direct manager, and weekly meetings to go over your progress. The only issues with management that I notice are between tenured employees and the new management. The employees that have been here since this was a small company are having a hard time adjusting to the changes and letting go of the "old cascade". They seem to be the most resistant to the changes that have been implemented. Upper Management: The team that has just left was very jovial and easy to talk to. I am not sure if the new executive team from Formfactor has a similar personality, but I hope they do. One of the nice things is that the current VP of operations will be staying and he great! He always comes down to the factory floor and has conversations with each employee and remembers everyone's name! Work and Life balance: Work is stressful. We have more and more products we have to get out of the door and it seems we always are working ridiculous amounts of overtime to complete it. While I feel the workload used to be manageable, I did not work here when it was not busy, we always have an insane amount of orders to work on. When we are not working on orders, we are working on process improvement. There is always something to do. Overall: This is a great company to join during its growth. Management is great and are doing the right things. The Training program, work instructions, and growing pains of going from a small to mid-sized company are things that are being worked on and will need to continue to improve. It is a tough work environment and they expect a lot out of their employees. The benefits are average, but hopefully with the acquisition from a CA based company will improve. If you want to join a company where you can make an immediate impact where they expect a lot out of their employees, I would recommend it. If you want to just come in and collect a pay check, it might not be a good fit.

Cons

There is a constant struggle between the "cascade of old" and the new cascade/formfactor. The employees who have worked only at this company need to understand that things can not be as they were. There is some resentment from these employees towards the new management as I stated above, but long term I do not see it being an issue. The benefits, specifically health, would be a grade C. I think they are doing the best they can, but hopefully it improves. Upper management has shown tendencies to favor/protect tenured employees.

Continue reading
      4 people found this review helpful
    5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Most transparent company I have come across

May 25, 2017 - Senior Director, Product Management in Livermore, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Excellent amount of communications and transparency of work from CEO on down. Never seen so much of data shared with employees. - Huge amount of competency CEO on down. No their stuff inside out. - Superb work environment. Totally collaborative. - Very data driven. Obsessively so. If you are engineer , you will love it. - Even when topic matter is tough, Management talks like adults. No temper tantrums.

Cons

- None really. I mean it.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Meh.

Feb 12, 2016 - Engineer in Carlsbad, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Cutting edge technology. -Fast paced work environment. -There is an incredible group of manufacturing staff in the Carlsbad office. -As an engineer, you wear a lot of different hats. -Good place to work for new grad engineers.

Cons

-Crippling pressure to get things right the first time. No tolerance or understanding when mistakes are made even when they are trivial and can be resolved. -The work can become a little stale and monotonous. -VERY steep learning curve.

Continue reading
      6 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Contractor, less than 1 year

Great place to work if you don't want to commute to SF or SJ.

Aug 2, 2013 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

Competitive Salaries and excellent work environment

Cons

Not a place for people who don't take much initiative in their work.

8. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Great team to work with. Interview process is straightforward.

Sep 19, 2017 - Administrative in Singapore
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good work environment, provide shuttle bus at selected train stations.

Cons

Management lack of focus, there is a batch of employee who was told that company is going to retrenchment on their first day, how sad.

Viewing 1 - 8 of 8 English Reviews