Cover image for Formstack

1 star

Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

Found 119 of over 123 reviews

Updated Aug 14, 2023

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your exclusive Company Bowl™ on Community. Join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the Conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "Great people to work with and support!(in 19 reviews)
  • "They have a great culture and work/life balance.(in 16 reviews)
  • "Benefits were great and the option to work remote.(in 11 reviews)
  • "Unlimited PTO(in 7 reviews)
  • "Everyone I met was amazing!(in 5 reviews)
Cons

Ratings by Demographics

Want more options?

This rating reflects the overall rating of Formstack and is not affected by filters.

1. 5.0
      Jun 28, 2023
      Employee
      Current Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

All departments across the company are trying to elevate and help the company scale and elevate its performance.

Cons

The company is truly in a transformational state, and if you are looking to remain stagnant and not grow as a professional, this is not the place for you.

Aug 14, 2023
        Current Employee, more than 3 years
        Business Outlook

Pros

Remote and have a great network of people throughout the years here. I would reach the maximum words allotted for Pros if I wrote this review last year.

Cons

1) Business Planning and Layoffs. Two layoffs took place in five months. For whatever reason, Formstack was set on reaching the golden 300-person number by end of 2022. After this hiring frenzy, they deemed a layoff was necessary a couple weeks before the holidays and those that remained needed to "row the boat" together. The second layoff was in May where 40% of the company were informed via email and had the afternoon to get items passed before they were removed from the system. Many people that were asked to stay are the least tenured, least paid, most green, but were told they were "valuable positions." 2) Health insurance went up drastically to match "industry standards" with a 9-day notice to scramble for budgeting the decreased take home pay. 3) Leadership hiring within the past year and a half: Nepotism, bully behavior, and a complete disregard to why Formstack was created in the first place. 4) Career dead-end. There is no foreseeable career growth for current employees. Will you take on more tasks? Absolutely! Will your pay or title reflect this? Absolutely not!

2. Join the Formstack team
        See Our Latest Jobs
        1. 5.0
          May 23, 2023
          Account Executive
          Former Employee
          Business Outlook

Pros

Everything about Formstack was amazing. Most importantly the people and culture. Everyone I met was amazing! It was like a huge family.

Cons

Senior management really screwed up. When I first started, I was part of a huge AE hiring frenzy. Things started off great, but very shortly there weren't enough leads to go around and everyone started struggling. Last November, they seemed to recognize this and let go a good portion of the sales team. Everyone who was let go was very talented and had just come from a stable job, so it really put those people and their families in a tough spot.During the 1st quarter of 2023 they started hiring people again. Some people were there 1-2 months before they laid off 40% off the company. In all our company meetings, it appeared we were profitable. So I'm not sure why the sudden change of direction, but whoever is responsible for the decision whether it is Senior management team or the investment group it seems that they ship is not being guided correctly.

1. 2.0
            May 19, 2023
            Business Outlook

Pros

The perks are great. My schedule was always flexible and my managers were always understanding when I needed to take time off or flex my schedule. Half day Fridays, free lunches, all kinds of things that made life great that I'm sad to have to leave behind.

Cons

Over the last two years or so, and thel ast year in particular, a series of C-Suite hires were made that were clearly disastrous. You can read some of the other reviews to learn more, I won't get into it. This seemed to signal a less compassionate, more coldly corporate era of Formstack, and that has been confirmed by the two mass-layoffs that have happened in the last year. While the first seemed to largely affect the Sales department, the most recent one which affected 40% of the company, was fully ruthless. It's clear that this layoff was an attempt to push out almost all of the tenured members of the staff, or anyone who they felt they wouldn't getting an immediate ROI out of (for example, they fired THREE pregnanet women who were right on the cusp of going on maternity leave -- one or two might have been a coincidence, but when it's three, there was obviously a decision being made). I would say that I hope the C-Suite is ashamed of themselves, but they are clearly too far gone, too deep in a pit of worshipping profitability, for that to be the case.

1. 3.0
              May 18, 2023
              Professional Services Manager
              Business Outlook

Pros

Some of the best colleagues that I have ever worked with Serve a variety of industries, providing you a lot of exposure Historically has offered very attractive benefits (Wellness stipend, Weekly Lunch, etc)

Cons

Lots of tech debt in the products Lack of internal organization and clear disconnect between ELT and ICs Trend of diminishing benefits and changing the values that made Formstack the place it was

Aug 4, 2023
                Business Outlook

Pros

Looking back about two years ago, this was a wonderful place. I met some of the best people and hardest workers. Great unity and exciting outlook. Lots of growth and potential. Great benefits, ok pay, and a product vision I could get behind. Then it all went down in flames.

Cons

I've sat on this review for months so readers will know this comes from a place of reflection and logic, instead of emotions. What has happened to Formstack in the past year+ is akin to the business downfall stories you hear on podcasts and watch on Netflix. What was once a strong and capable culture and company is now a mere sham. They've killed the culture, removed many of the benefits that made up for the uncompetitive pay, put in place leaders who are very poor at strategy and people management, and continue to act like everything is just fine. Everything is not "just fine" when you raise $425 million then 18 months later layoff 40% of your staff. I had such an affinity for this org for so long, and never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined my experience would involve all that it did in the last year. What a very sad story that continues to get worse as time goes by.

May 25, 2023
                  Account Manager
                  Current Employee, more than 3 years
                  Business Outlook

Pros

All of the pros that the company provided have been taken away. Some examples are fully paid healthcare insurance, and the ability to have unlimited PTO due to staffing issues.

Cons

For one, there are no opportunities for growth. If there are opportunities for girls, it is just a title change without compensation. Increase your best bet is to find another job if you’re looking for a promotion here, or to be a middle aged white man. Too many tone, deaf leaders, making decisions. It’s like the 1% bogging down the middle and lower class. It’s really sad to watch how this company went to having a ton of leadership to having no empathy at all. The CEO and his wife claim to be godly people when it suits them, but the way that they have lead on people is not right. Laying off 40% of your workforce when you could have just been honest from the beginning is a cowardice move. I truly believe that this company is going to crumble sooner than later. Oh! And let’s not forget how racism is embedded in the company - take a look at how diverse the company is now that they’ve done layoffs , their DEIB initiatives were fake to begin with and only for marketing purposes but now their racist tactics will thrive by word. Avoid this company at all cost. If you’re reading this, please read between the BS that corporate is trying to fill in to read out these honest reviews.

May 19, 2023
                    Manager
                    Fishers, IN
                    Business Outlook

Pros

The bottoms-up culture was outstanding. There were always laughs and joy despite the complete lack of strategy at the top. The people actually doing the work were, and are, outstanding.

Cons

I observed concerning behavior from leadership that would not be tolerated at any major corporation. From bizarre bible readings during all-hands meetings, to tone-deaf and unacceptable failure to address internal accusations of racial harassment, to failure to address their technology being used by those looking to defraud and lie about the 2020 US election - these leaders took many wrong turns that were easily avoided. The religious overtones and overt Christian messages to the employees from top management in particular made me feel profoundly unwelcome.

1. 4.0
                      Jul 27, 2023
                      Customer Success Manager
                      Former Employee, less than 1 year
                      Indianapolis, IN
                      Business Outlook

Pros

The people you work with everyday are smart, driven, and always willing to help! Overall benefits and compensation package, company retreats, flexible PTO and time off, and work/life balance. Ability to gain experience in multiple industries as the customers range from all industries (healthcare, finance, legal, higher ed, non-profit, etc.)

Cons

Several layoffs in the last 12 months including the one in May that consisted of 40% of the company being laid of.

Apr 18, 2023
                        Account Executive
                        Former Employee
                        Business Outlook

Pros

Remote work. Individual contributors - many of these talented people have been giving their heart and soul to this organization. Half day Friday (for those who can take it)

Cons

Leadership has one mission: Generate as much revenue as possible at the expense of hard working employees. Anyone who is not in a leadership role is expendable, and they make that very clear every day. This is especially true of all individual contributors on the sales teams. They will push a person to the absolute brink of a mental health crisis (literally happened). Roles and responsibilities change without notice (or training) and so does the comp structure. The internal support provided (sales ops) is nothing shy of pathetic. You can't blink an eye without a complex approval process, which creates barriers for sales people to land deals. Also, you can expect to fight for a proper payout of your commission. HR leadership is full on incompetent in literally every possible way. They are not open to feedback whatsoever, and the healthcare costs for 2023 more than doubled, while continuing to reduce other benefits. Overall leadership lacks empathy and emotional intelligence.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 119 Reviews
                      </>Embed

Formstack Reviews FAQs

Formstack has an overall rating of 2.5 out of 5, based on over 123 reviews left anonymously by employees. 20% of employees would recommend working at Formstack to a friend and 14% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -37% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Formstack employees rate their compensation and benefits as 2.7 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Formstack. This rating has decreased by -28% over the last 12 months.

20% of Formstack employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Formstack 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 2.5 for culture and values and 2.3 for career opportunities.

According to reviews on Glassdoor, employees commonly mention the pros of working at Formstack to be management, career development, benefits and the cons to be compensation, senior leadership.

Popular Careers with Formstack Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

Project Coordinator

I recently applied for a “Project Support Officer” this from the job description it’s pretty much a Project Coordinator/ Manager position. And I have been asked to create a poster to promote an event for young people that have long term health conditions. Now my question is why is the job advertised exactly like a Project Coordinator position, but Im asked to design a poster?! How can that reflect my experience within the project environment? It makes 0 sense to me.

0 Comments

Development Engineer

Had a peculiar 3-month interview with a scientific organization. Initial online presentation, followed by an unexpected in-person interview, still evaluated by the committee. Salary undisclosed; only relocation package mentioned. The team was satisfied, awaiting HR director approval, requesting references. 2-3 days later, before sending references, informed they chose another candidate. No response to emails; HR silent. Was I backdoor checked?

1 Comment

RFP Coordinator

I have a 5 year gap in my work history due to an illness. How do I explain this? I can't lie, SSD is on my background check as a previous employer. I am on it and looking to re-enter the job market and get off of it, but I understand it is a reason for employers to pause in hiring me.

4 Comments

Glassdoor has 123 Formstack reviews submitted anonymously by Formstack employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Formstack is right for you.