Forney Industries Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 18, 2019

Found 28 reviews

2.9
Steve Anderson

"Making the Changes Needed"

I have been working at Forney Industries full-time for less than a year

Pros

Forney's leadership is moving in the right direction. Employees that are not a good fit and/or are not strong employees are being moved out. People are being held accountable for their work. Love that we are engaged in the Northern Colorado community. I feel appreciated every day.

Cons

It is difficult that we are on three different campuses but like that we hear what is going on Company wide.

Advice to Management

Keep holding people accountable. We are moving in the right direction.

Forney Industries2017-10-31
  2. "Family Company Struggling to be Big Corp in 2019"

I worked at Forney Industries full-time

Pros

Plenty of opportunity to learn and advance career. They're very willing to promote within company and entertain lateral changes to other departments.

Cons

More focused on "culture" and participation in the attitude of the company than hard skills. Often saw hard-working and loyal employees being let go or passed over for employees that management liked better, personality-wise.

Forney Industries2019-06-18
  3. "Dishonest upper Management"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Forney Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people to work with.

Cons

Dishonest upper Management Low pay Long Hours

Advice to Management

Be honest with employees

Forney Industries2018-06-15
  4. "Warehouse Worker"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Forney Industries for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers were all good to work with. Free food on Wednesdays. Was given time off when needed. Supervisor seemed to care about the employees.

Cons

Management lacks direction and compassion for the people actually doing the work. No job security and poor wages for the amount of effort required. Never seems to be good enough.

Advice to Management

Get away from the "yes people" mentality and listen to the people doing the work. If it is only about the lines picked everyday, then pay a better wage.

Forney Industries2018-04-11
  5. "Continuing decline in all areas"

Former Employee - Territory Sales Representative

I worked at Forney Industries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

A job with cheap high deductible insurance.

Cons

Out of touch upper management that takes advantage of workers. Long time employees fired or found other jobs. Low pay + unrealistic expectations. Culture of blame and denial. Those that are left now doing the job of many. No work/life balance. No future here.

Advice to Management

Look in the mirror to find/fix your problems and save your failing company.

Forney Industries2017-11-06
  6. "Something STINKS in top management"

I worked at Forney Industries full-time

Pros

Wednesdays free breakfast and that's about it nice facility

Cons

Top management clueless LOTS of family connections the top brass seems to manage by rumor and what causes least amount of positive change

Advice to Management

You guys are screwed

Forney Industries2017-10-30

"Inventory Analyst"

Current Employee - Inventory Control Analyst in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Forney Industries full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Forney Industries is brimming with compassionate, ambitious people who care about each other and the well-being of the company. There are always opportunities to grow; opportunities created by hard work and determination and based on merit rather than political maneuvering. Forney is always looking for ways to grow business and welcomes input from all employees.

Cons

Departmental silos can cause dependence on tribal knowledge and replication of work.

Forney Industries2017-08-16

""Need to continue Changes""

I have been working at Forney Industries full-time for more than a year

Pros

People are absolutely WONDERFUL! Finally getting the right people in the right places for the good of the company. Company has a ton of potential, some products are exceptional and always introducing better products. If you can prove you've got a brain and can benefit the company, you can move up. Extremely flexible with time off, sick etc.

Cons

Pay -Difference between HQ staff & warehouse staff is unacceptable. Interns with irrelevant degrees make more than other employees going on their second or third year. -Raises are a joke here-you've got supervisors who have served your company for years making the same you can start at a fast food joint for. Setting Money ON FIRE -Tens of thousands of dollars of unused product sitting around waiting for packaging...

Advice to Management

Conduct audits of product lines. If we aren't selling an item get rid of it. No more 'going to put it on special online' find someone local and get rid of it. Warehouse space is worth money. Conduct actual market research- with numbers. Not BS numbers provided by an executive stuck 20 years ago. -Quit launching new products when we can't support the products we already have. -GET DATA. There is no way a business can...

Forney Industries2017-08-18
  9. "Account Associate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Forney Industries part-time for more than a year

Pros

They do a lot of things for their employees i.e. breakfast is furnished on Wednesday mornings, they have cake once a month for all of the birthdays that month. Training and classed during lunch and they furnish lunch.

Cons

Depends on the department you work for, but I find that they are not always honest with you - they'll lead you on i.e. I want a full time job and they keep telling me it'll happen they have had 4 chances to do just that and they haven't.

Advice to Management

Don't lead people on or tell them that you are requiring a certain degree (because one has another degree) so you can't get the job and you find out that they people they hired don't have any degree at all, much less a particular degree!

Forney Industries2017-07-23
  10. "Manager"

I worked at Forney Industries full-time

Pros

I worked as a manager at the corporate office. The hourly employees are by far the best part of the company.

Cons

Almost all business decision are made by the executive team with no transparency or input from others. All the "improvements" help a select few employees. Nepotism is a major problem.

Advice to Management

Address the nepotism concerns of the employees that do not benefit from the policy.

Forney Industries2017-01-19