Forrestal Academy Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated January 21, 2019

3.9
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A teacher for 3 years in the infant program, great staff, enjoyable work environment, great compensation and bonuses"

Current Employee - Teacher
    Current Employee - Teacher

I have been working at Forrestal Academy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clean, high quality center
    Close to home
    Great resources for your classroom
    Team building events
    Friendly and competent staff
    Cameras

Cons

Work is work- kids can make for long days but admin has your back

Advice to Management

Great center with things that no other center has like their food program, work events, great management team, and ownership of your classroom.

2. "great staff and leadership"

Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Huntersville, NC
    Current Employee - Lead Teacher in Huntersville, NC

I have been working at Forrestal Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

they gave us IRA accounts and they give us money to put into it, and they paid for financial advisers to come in to talk to all of us and they have the best salaries in north Carolina for sure and lots of continued training. We had an all day training today and they had treats CHOCOLATE everything and gave gift cards out for good questions. They take care of us!

Cons

nothing to share with y'all

Advice to Management

We love the chocolate and all of you

3. "A great place to work, always looking for places to improve"

Former Employee - Support in Huntersville, NC
    Former Employee - Support in Huntersville, NC

I worked at Forrestal Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Overall my time at Forrestal was phenomenal. Management is always looking for places to improve. I've noticed most of the coworkers who complained were the same ones who weren't hard workers. If you are a hard worker who is passionate about children, you will love this place. Lisa has a huge heart, and she is very understanding and acknowledges those who do their job. Sometimes the managers might come off as rude, but honestly I never took it too personally. They were always nice to me and I know that there job was even more high stress than mine. I was a support and was fortunate enough to be in every single classroom. I truly loved the way things were organized. They ALL really go above and beyond. King is not a human being I swear, she does so much at once and still somehow keeps going. There is a lot of love at this place if you stick around and take the time to build the relationships. I also appreciate their cultural values, especially with the recent beef/pork alternatives. I love Forrestal and all they do for the families and staff.

Cons

There was drama every now and then but I never got involved. Any workplace has drama, but when you are working with children it's vital to prioritize them over anything. Being a 5-star, the strict and strange rules were sometimes tough to work around. Wish there were easier ways to provide sensory play, especially with the toddlers and twos.

Advice to Management

More positive reinforcement for staff. You guys do a great job of pointing out where we need to improve. Pointing out the awesome things that teachers do always gives a little extra boost. Whenever I was complimented on something I did for a child, it always made me feel so happy and made me want to go even more above and beyond.

4. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Chef/Food Service/Facilities Manager in Huntersville, NC
    Current Employee - Chef/Food Service/Facilities Manager in Huntersville, NC

I have been working at Forrestal Academy full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Hello, let me start by saying I am the Chef at Forrestal Academy. I have been with the company for just over three years and I love what I do and this company. Forrestal Academy, its owners, our staff and our Forrestal families can’t be beat. Lisa and Rob are amazing people who have set out to build an Educational Preschool that sets the bar high in every aspect. So, for future employees -expect to be challenged, to grow, accomplish, rise to the next level and be appreciated for that. To parents looking to come to the school - we strive every day to make your family’s experience with us the best you can wish for from your child’s first school. We continue to grow everyday as a company, team and family, so you can expect us to look for a better way to do things that benefit all, regularly. To the current families that attend the school, you are the world the each one of the staff members here, myself included, and we will continue to rise and work to exceed your expectations every day. Our saying "Come Grow with Us" is truly that…come join us, let us help support your young family, partner with you to guide your children be safe, healthy and happy as they develop and be part of us as we continue to grow our amazing academy that will be the first choice for our surrounding community for years to come.

Cons

No cons for working here. Everyone should expect to be challenged to do there best everyday.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.

5. "Everything isn't always what it seems"

I worked at Forrestal Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The place is beautiful on inside and out

Cons

The rudeness of staff and management at times. High turn over rate

Advice to Management

Be more appreciative, cordial and respectful and considerate to staff

"Genuine and great place for Professional Teachers"

Former Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher in Huntersville, NC
    Former Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher in Huntersville, NC

I worked at Forrestal Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The majority of the staff love it there, pay is higher than most places, has a lot of special benefits and it is a very pretty and large, well maintained school. Like everywhere, you always have a handful of people looking for a free ride and that doesn't work there and management will not think twice of letting those "drama queens" go and has done that, which for those who live in their own fantasy may find that "harsh". Owner is a generous and smart lady who expects people to be their professional best and may not allow people to take advantage of her, her staff or families and has even let managers go to stay true to that. Overall my experience was terrific and if I go back to work in the future I would hope to be at a school with heart and people like Forrestal has. Genuine.

Cons

Far away from my home now with a long commute. Maybe they will open one by me.

Advice to Management

Keep up the nice things you bring to all your community families and your staff. Let the haters gripe at someone else's place!

7. "The money is not worth it, ladies!!"

Former Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher
    Former Employee - Lead Preschool Teacher

Pros

Salaries are decent if that is all that matters to you. You get an hour lunch, I called it recovery time... That's about it.

Cons

Unless you are a puppet on a string type of person I don't recommend employment. If you don't conform or show any sign of individuality you are quickly repremended. They tend to run good teachers off (opposers) and keep teachers that have no business being around children. There are no bathroom breaks unless you ask permission from administration and then only if they have time, they also make you feel guilty about having to go! They make a lot of demands with little to no resources to successfully comply. The management and owner say horrible things about teachers and to teachers, yet will call you in for a write up in heartbeat for the silliest things. They bark orders to follow guidelines that they themselves fail to follow. Teachers often have to use their own money to supply classrooms. It's all around a terrible working environment for employees, especially if you are a person with any kind of integrity.

Advice to Management

I don't think any amount of advice will help, simply because they don't care.

8. "Teacher"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

I worked at Forrestal Academy full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The children and families are wonderful. Director takes the time to really listen to what you have to say.

Cons

Teacher turnover is terrible. Morale is bad. Owner does not have childcare background and poor people skills.