Forrester Reviews in Cambridge, MA | Glassdoor

Forrester Cambridge Reviews

Updated July 16, 2017

Cambridge, MA

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance is exceptional (in 82 reviews)

• Very smart people throughout the organization (in 83 reviews)

Cons

"A place to build your career"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester (More than 10 years)

Pros

Forrester is a great place to work. I'm sure most readers of this review see this a thousand times for other companies...but let me tell you why it's the case here. I've been at the company for over 15 years and started in a junior role. I was given the opportunity to explore almost every part of the organization in various jobs and am now part of the leadership team. What's the point you might ask? The point is that the opportunity to grow your career here is limitless if you want to work hard and take on new challenges. If that's of interest, then this is the place for you.

In addition, if you're looking for a place to collaborate with an incredible group of people that will result in lifelong friendships because of the culture that's fostered here, then this is the place for you.

If you enjoy working in a highly collaborative team environment where you have the permission to challenge your colleagues, and they can challenge you to come up with better end results, then this is the place for you.

I have, and continue to value my time here, the opportunities I've had and friends I've made. As I mentioned above, Forrester is a great place to work...hopefully I've made it a little more clear why that carries weight now. :)

Cons

I'd say we are too risk averse and need to be more aggressive on new product development.

Advice to Management

Continue to foster the incredible culture and get more aggressive on new products.

"Consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Consultant in Cambridge, MA

Pros

Top management is very open and friendly. Company meetings are engaging and interactive; the employees are very aware of the strategic direction the company is headed and how they fit into the plan.

Cons

-Racism is at its peak at this company. Please DO NOT work here if you're black...(except you have no choice ofcourse)
    -Managers are not really trained to be managers, they just automatically become managers because they've been at the company for a long time. This then creates bad employee experiences that top management knows nothing about.

Advice to Management

You need to actually train managers to manage and mentor other people.Not just to oversee work.

Forrester Response

Sep 21, 2016 – Chief People Officer

I find your comments regarding racism deeply distressing, personally, as a professional and as a Forrester employee. Discrimination, in any form, is simply not tolerated at Forrester.

In a... More

"Great corporate foundation"

Former Employee - Director, Business Solutions in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Director, Business Solutions in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Forrester (More than 8 years)

Pros

Great culture, communication, amenities and overall polish. An amazing place to 'learn how to work' translating to great jumping off point to a position at another firm.

Cons

Not a tremendous amount of growth opportunities, below market salary, slow to change

"Passion and Commitment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester (Less than a year)

Pros

Leadership is highly committed to the culture and employee experience. Many companies say it but few do it and Forrester does it really, really well!

Cons

Haven't identified any so far

"Once great, should be again"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Forrester full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Amazing colleagues, great access, strong brand

Cons

Everything is DIY, tech is outdated, strategy is never achieved

Advice to Management

This is one of the more powerful brands in professional research, but without more investment in infrastructure, people, and the product, it seems to be spiraling. Attrition of product, sales staff hurts relationships with customers. Make the business simpler and more modern, and it will grow again.

6. "Good office environment"

Former Intern - Finance Intern in Cambridge, MA
    Former Intern - Finance Intern in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Forrester as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

If you like a 9-to-5 desk job, Forrester is great from what I saw working in the Accounting department.

Everyone was warm and professional, dress was business casual.

They place a high value on work-life balance. My coworkers who had children were happy with the work-life balance and some are still working there. No one was overworked or stressed out. Not that it's an "easy" or lazy place, not at all. But everyone was just very competent and willing to accommodate when appropriate.

Ethical accounting practices, no hanky-panky.

Extra perk: gym and ping pong table (in the Cambridge office at least)

Cons

40 hours per week in front of a computer. But that's just me, some people like that. But even the con has a pro to match, which is that the hours are stable, so you get to go home generally on time every day. (again, this was in the Accounting department)

"Research Associate"

Former Employee - Research Associate in Cambridge, MA
    Former Employee - Research Associate in Cambridge, MA

I worked at Forrester full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Good environment for someone 0-1 years out of college
    - You will rarely need to work after business hours

Cons

- Lack of flexibility for working hours and the inability to work from home
    - Complacent business strategy, very old-school philosophy
    - Analysts are not managed properly, and run amok
    - Data/Research divide does not allow for quantitative role
    - Regardless of strengths/weaknesses

Advice to Management

Practice what you preach. Forrester is the corporate equivalent of an armchair quarterback. Mission statement and market imperatives make for good PR, but are not practiced.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Webinar Specialist in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Webinar Specialist in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The culture is amazing, pay is good for someone right out of college and there is a lot of opportunity to move up within the company!

Cons

8:30-5:30 can be tough. It would be nice if normal hours were 9-5. (You have an hour break, but its a long day!)

"Friends, come work for Forrester!"

Current Employee - Program Coordinator, FLB in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Program Coordinator, FLB in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefits, work/life balance and upward mobility/growth. Wonderful work environment, everyone is so friendly and supportive.

Cons

Location isn't the greatest in terms of commuting but that is very biased. I wish they offered more financial support for further education. Paternity/Maternity leave is not accommodating and very outdated compared to other companies.

Advice to Management

Define roles and career plans/roads more clearly across the organization.

"I'd boomerang (maybe)"

I worked at Forrester full-time

Pros

Mostly positive to say about this company:
    > very solid culture with emphasis on collaboration.
    > People here are about as friendly as they come.
    > IT executive team has a very solid vision and pretty good project management team.
    > Projects are somewhat interesting at least compared to previous jobs I've had.
    > Reasonable work-life balance. Reasonable demands.
    > Above average, but not great comp. Very good benefits in terms of health/401k match.
    > Best orientation I've seen in a long time.

Cons

Company:
    > They tend to spread their resources pretty thin, which makes the work a bit less inflexible.
    > Not that innovative. Less prone to trial and error. That's more industry defined then their fault.
    > Comp could be better. Part of the reason I left was significant boost in comp.
    > Management overall good. I just got unlucky with someone with less experience.

Advice to Management

Vision is great. Execution pretty good. You guys run a bit too structured for my taste and might need to give your staff a bit of room to try out things. I felt a bit constrained in this manner. Train managers a bit better if they are inexperienced.