Forrester Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Forrester Chairman, President, and CEO George F. Colony
George F. Colony

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance is exceptional (in 88 reviews)

• Surrounded by smart people who challenge each other's thinking (in 86 reviews)

Cons
  • Demanding work with lots of A-type personalities - hard to strike good work-life balance (in 26 reviews)

• Not enough support from senior management (in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Passion and intelligence"

I have been working at Forrester full-time

Pros

What makes the Forrester experience iconic? Curiosity. People here are insatiably curious - about colleagues, clients, their potential, and the future. Most importantly, I feel heard and valued. My best days at work are spent trading ideas with people much smarter than me - everyone contributes and the discussion crackles with passion, intelligence, respect, and accountability. My manager trusts me to use my best judgement, coaches me to stretch myself, and is respectful of the need for work/life flexibility. In short, I am treated like a professional.

Cons

Product innovation has been stagnant to date.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the employee experience.

"Sales Development Specialist"

Current Employee - Sales Development Specialist in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Sales Development Specialist in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Forrester full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Forrester is the best company I have ever worked for. The company is very established and takes the time to leverage their annual budgets to make sure every employee is well-trained and happy

- reasonable salary
    - ability to grow your career within the company
    - amazing colleagues and collaborative community
    - Ability to own your role and learn the Forrester services

Cons

- There really isn’t anything, other than the PTO, while generous, is a little archaic

- The communication between offices could be a bit stronger, though they do a great job with keeping us in the loop on big mentions/announcements.

Advice to Management

- Keep up the great work!

"Intelligence combined with fun"

I have been working at Forrester full-time

Pros

Great collaboration with world-class thought leaders

Cons

Location is inconvenient and innovation is lacking

4. "Great pace"

Former Employee - Unemployed in Bloomsburg, PA
    Former Employee - Unemployed in Bloomsburg, PA

I worked at Forrester full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Taken care of, easy to work for.

Cons

A lot of driving and beating you own vehicle

Advice to Management

Continue to do as you do.

"Best job I have had, learning so much!"

Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Forrester full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great Benefits & Comp Plan, Forward looking career path, surrounded by intelligent colleagues who want to help and collaborate, Rigorous training program to make sure you are fully capable for the role-including Elevate and Starting Blocks where you get to meet other people from other office, and the work/life Balance is great too.

Cons

I have not yet experienced any cons.

Advice to Management

Keep motivating and supporting us to do our best

"Advisor"

Current Employee - Advisor in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Advisor in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I couldn’t be more proud to work with such talented, hard working, thoughtful, intelligent colleagues. Company leaders are approachable, open to new ideas and welcome innovation. The company culture is fantastic, folks from all corners of the organization strive to improve their skills and the company provides plenty of opportunities to do so.

Cons

The office is fantastic, but since it’s off the beaten path a bit it’s tough to take advantage of what Cambridge and Boston has to offer.

Advice to Management

Keep pushing folks to innovate and continue elevating our goals and vision.

7. "Account Manager"

Pros

Great company to work for.

Cons

No complaints at this time.

"It used to be great, now it isn’t even good."

Pros

Smart people, interesting work, stimulating environment. Good products, in general, but quality diminishing. Headquarters is a comfortable building. People generally support each other.

Cons

Forrester is decreasing staffing levels (through attrition) and ignoring the impact on the remaining staff. Despite a cultural shift to focus on coaching and improving quality to support being customer obsessed, there is less and less time to do that work. New projects are created everyday and completion demanded in unrealistic timeframes. Lots of change- which is good, but often changing so fast that new processes aren’t tested and finalized, so we’re doing the work while rules are changing. Growing team sizes for managers means less time for the “soft skills” and an extreme focus on production at all costs- forget about quality. As someone who worked here, left, and fought my way back, it’s disappointing and demoralizing. I’m not valued for what I bring to the job, only because I get the work done at all costs. I couldn’t keep dropping my standards- had to leave a few months ago. Other reviews cite work life balance as great, but most on my team were working 70+ hours a week with no end in sight. Internal business units are staffed inconsistently, so be careful about what LOB you apply to work in.

Advice to Management

Figure out what you want from the employees and tell them what it is- if there isn’t capacity for the coaching, career development, and quality that you tout, recognize that and stop pushing it. I’d rather work in an org that tells the truth whether it is pretty or not. But if you truly want those qualities, then take a look at your staffing levels, how long people are working, and identify where help is needed. You can’t get blood from a stone — even the very best people burn out and you will continue to lose them.

Forrester Response

Dec 12, 2017 – Chief People Officer

I appreciate you taking the time to post your review. I'm disappointed to hear you chose to leave us after coming back as a "boomerang.”

First, to your comment that we’re decreasing staffing... More

"Principal Consultant Returns to Forrester"

Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Principal Consultant in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I came back to Forrester after a 4 -year "sabbatical." Previously I had been working here for 6 1/2 years. Returnees are called "boomerangs" here, and there are a lot of us. I returned because the company is a strong and stable organization, a base from which to do innovative, sometime provocative work. My colleagues are solid, smart and fun to work with. The company is open to new ideas, and willing to give employees scope to go try them. And as one colleague described Forrester, "the least political place I've worked in" with minimal bureaucracy or hassle factors.

Cons

Not shy about sharing, but nothing comes to mind at the moment

Advice to Management

Keep on keeping on, and look for sectors to land and expand the Forrester brand.

10. "Can't ask for much more from an employer"

I have been working at Forrester full-time

Pros

The people are great! Smart (in many ways), open to new ideas, engaged, and hard working.
    Business is not afraid to make changes
    Benefits, office, company culture are outstanding!
    Constantly challenging and rewarding work with peers who are genuinely interested and willing to collaborate.
    Company is a great size - small enough to be nimble but with a very strong, established brand

Cons

Location can feel isolating
    Priorities shift so rapidly that it can be a challenge to understand the business strategy
    Flat organization means it can be difficult to map out a career here if you want growth and promotion