Forrester Reviews | Glassdoor

4.3
Forrester Chairman, President, and CEO George F. Colony
George F. Colony

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Work life balance is exceptional (in 86 reviews)

• Surrounded by smart people who challenge each other's thinking (in 84 reviews)

Cons
  • Demanding work with lots of A-type personalities - hard to strike good work-life balance (in 24 reviews)

• Not enough support from senior management (in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Passion and intelligence"

I have been working at Forrester full-time

Pros

What makes the Forrester experience iconic? Curiosity. People here are insatiably curious - about colleagues, clients, their potential, and the future. Most importantly, I feel heard and valued. My best days at work are spent trading ideas with people much smarter than me - everyone contributes and the discussion crackles with passion, intelligence, respect, and accountability. My manager trusts me to use my best judgement, coaches me to stretch myself, and is respectful of the need for work/life flexibility. In short, I am treated like a professional.

Cons

Product innovation has been stagnant to date.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in the employee experience.

"Graphic Design"

I have been working at Forrester full-time

Pros

Career growth. It's the first company I've worked at where growing is apparent and encouraged. The culture at Forrester is also one of the best. There really is a sense of community.

Cons

it's hard to think of any

"Collaborative and fun culture!"

I have been working at Forrester full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Always opportunities to learn and grow in your career.
    Smart and passionate colleagues!
     Innovative ideas are encouraged.

Cons

Forrester is fast-paced and continually changing. Can be exciting for some, but the pace is not for everyone.

"Sales Development Specialist"

I have been working at Forrester full-time

Pros

-Team
    -Environment
    -Growth
    -Challenging
    -Atmosphere
    -Forrester is like a tight knit family. No matter what office location you work in, everyone is easily accessible!

Cons

You go from 0 to 100 really quick, it's like "drinking from a fire hose". However, there isn't anyone you can't go to or ask questions!

"Great experience"

I have been working at Forrester full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You will learn a lot from extremely smart people and get great coaching from your manager and most business leaders. Forrester's brand and reputation carries weight outside the company. Benefits are fantastic. Ability to work from home once a week is priceless.

Cons

If you don't advocate for yourself, you might not get traction in your development. But if you do, the sky is the limit!

"I Love It Here"

Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Associate Account Manager in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Forrester full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great culture. All of the leaders seem to really care about their employees.
    - Many companies say "Work Hard. Play Hard." This company actually does it. It's a great environment to feel motivated and rewarded.
    - Good work/life balance. They give a lot of sick/personal leave and a good amount of PTO
    - Competitive Pay
    - If you like marketing, technology, and business processes as general topics, you will absolutely love the content in your day-to-day work here.
    - They are more concerned about doing the right thing for the customer, than getting money out of them.
    - Sales managers seem to all be people who have previously been extremely successful salespeople. It's nice to be able to go to them for advice and help.
    - Professional atmosphere. It's not "Stuffy" but it's also not a "hipster chill" environment. Leaders understand that we spend a huge chunk of our lives at work, so it's set up to enjoy your time at work and to feel like you can be yourself.

Cons

- While there is great PTO benefits, plan on staying near your house during Christmas. There's little to no approvals for sales folks around that time.
    - It's a very long sales process and there's not a ton of opportunity. So in relation, the quotas are pretty steep. Many sales people don't have a lot of accounts right now. So there is this unfortunate situation of one good up-sell could get you sitting high, but if you lose one account... you're pretty much screwed.
    - There is a TON to learn. That sounds lazy, but it's a known "thing" that once you join this company, you will have a LOT to learn. They do a good job of trying to make it digestible, but there is just so much that it's hard to keep track of it all. Which in turn makes it hard to focus on sales because it's so hard to connect the dots.
    - To the previous point, this job has about a 1-1.5 year ramp time until you're fully comfortable and operating well in the position.

Advice to Management

- Obviously this is a review on a sales position, and salespeople's jobs are to drive sales. However, most (if not all) new team members who were handed "second hand" accounts. It doesn't seem fair to give us steep quotas and monthly quotas when we're trying our best just to help the customers get the value they already paid for. Don't just give us "blanket quotas". It would be nice to have quotas based on the actual accounts that we're working with.

"Forrester Cares"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Forrester full-time

Pros

The people here are stellar and that’s what makes Forrester such a great company to work for! I love that the executive team is transparent. They truly engage with all employees throughout the entire organization.

Work/Life balance is excellent. Some days I may have to come in early or work late but I also have the flexibility to compensate for that on other days. I'm also given the freedom to make decisions and to complete work in whatever way I think is best. However, my manager is always there to lend a hand when needed.

Forrester also has great employee programs/perks and vacation time.

Cons

Compensation can be a little lower but I value work/life balance more.

"New Nashville Digs & a Responsive Corporate Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Forrester full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Conscientious culture, with people who really care about doing right and doing well. Culture of speaking up, constructively. Responsive leadership - take feedback, take it well, willing to consider and evolve - listen, and act on good suggestions. CX and EX infused. Work with smart people who enjoy being here; people who care about doing great work. Recently opened office here in Nashville has brought a huge group of great people together. Lots of opportunities to grow.

Cons

Too new to be overly aware of them.

Advice to Management

Continue applying best practice advice to ourselves, in smart strategic ways, just as we advise our clients. It's great when we enlighten our clients through insights - and example.

"You can have an impact at Forrester"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I thoroughly enjoy my role and responsibilities at Forrester because I know that I', making an impact.
    At times Forrester has a start-up feel to it, which is unusual for a company that is over 30 years old. Have ideas? Speak up -- management and your peers will listen. Are you willing to try new things? Do it (with permission) -- and help the company (or even just your group/dept.) to innovate.
    I've never experienced a company culture as strong as Forrester's, and I enjoy coming to work every day.
    Yes, there is constant change at Forrester - but the amount of change is no different than any other company that I've worked at.
    Employees here work hard and are dedicated.
    There are numerous opportunities for career growth.

Cons

We need to change and innovate faster: that includes our products, our messaging, and even some of our people (when the wrong people are in place).
    I'd like to see more coaching training for managers at all levels (although this topics seems like it's being addressed).
    We need to put more of our research into practice at Forrester (i.e., follow the guidance of our own analysts more often).

Advice to Management

Continue to encourage innovation, continue to take risks, create new messaging that goes beyond the age of the customer story, and increase the focus on how to help clients lead change within our research.

"Forrester Cares"

I have been working at Forrester full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is a good work life balance, enabling me to give my all to Forrester during the day and turn my attention to my family at the conclusion of the work day. There is a strong sense of community and willingness to be heard. Hard work is rewarded and they are always looking for ways to innovate and encourage innovation.

Cons

We have aggressive growth goals