Forrester Reviews | Glassdoor

4.1
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Forrester Chairman, President, and CEO George F. Colony
George F. Colony

Pros
  • Work life balance is exceptional (in 79 reviews)

• Lots of smart people conducting lots of research looking for ways to change the behavior of technology and marketing professionals (in 79 reviews)

Cons
  • Demanding work with lots of A-type personalities - hard to strike good work-life balance (in 19 reviews)

• Not enough support from senior management (in 23 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Forrester has a soul"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Why have I stayed at Forrester for 15 years? The company has a soul. This is a culture of intellectual curiosity, passion, integrity, and respect. I am surrounded by colleagues who inspire me every day with their intelligence, quality of work, and commitment to do the right thing. I feel accountable to inspire them; to elevate their potential and experience. At Forrester, my voice has value. Executives much smarter than me not only know my name, they ask for, and listen to, my opinion. I have been given multiple opportunities to grow into new roles and responsibilities, each time both terrifying and exhilarating. This is a culture of discovery, where I am always learning and always teaching. This is a place with a sense of humor and a sense of humanity. In short, Forrester’s values are my values.

Come to Forrester to challenge yourself. Come to Forrester to grow. Come to Forrester to make an impact.

Cons

We are too risk averse; not enough product innovation.

Advice to Management

Keep focusing on the importance of culture and employee experience. While other companies talk about “perks” such as free food, it’s Forrester’s strong culture that is memorable and sustainable.

Forrester Response

Sep 29, 2016 – CEO

Thank you very much for these kind words about this company that we all know and love. I'd like to imagine that I can figure out who you are, but there are a lot of fantastic Forresterites who have ... More

"Great place for career growth!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Forrester full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I feel challenged each week and love the various opportunities for growth. The team I am on is very collaborative and supportive!

Cons

Compensation can be a little lower but I value the growth and work life balance more.

3. "Career best"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Autonomy, quality of life, interesting experiences, stimulating work, and passionate people -- I couldn't ask for anything more in a career.

Cons

My experiences and relationships far outweigh any cons.

"FoRRliFe"

Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Office Coordinator in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great overall culture! Amazing people who are truly smiling everyday. Everyone is eager and willing to help. Great place to maintain work/life balance, very caring company who values and encourages new ideas!

Cons

So far so good!
    Forrester has nothing to do with it....but the parking garage could be cheaper!!

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing! Encourage your New Hires, and keep engaging those who have been with the company for years to show how much they matter!

"Good company but not for everyone"

Pros

Lots of opportunity to learn

Cons

slow growth and not a lot of opportunity for hungry young people

7. "Smart, intellectually curious co-workers."

I have been working at Forrester full-time

Pros

Strong culture, smart, high-energy and intellectually curious co-workers.

Cons

Compensation is less than competitors.

"Analyst is Best/Most Challenging Job You Can Have. Period."

Current Employee - Principal Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Forrester full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Smarts and professionalism of peers - you get to work with truly great people
    Interesting work - always learning
    Top-notch clients - your job is to help leaders lead
    Well-established brand in the tech community
    Solidly-managed: good metrics and controls - you know what you need to do
    Objective and consistent about measuring employee contributions

Cons

Low business growth and low short-term potential to change
    Business hasn't created a successful, major innovation in years

Advice to Management

We love George, but it's probably time for change at the top.
    Spend money on marketing your value, not just the brand.
    Leverage your customer success more.

"I feel at home at Forrester - I love my job"

I have been working at Forrester full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I love my job. I look forward to going to work everyday, which is rare. The culture is strong, where ideas are king. The people are professional, extremely intelligent and friendly. I have an unlimited supply of colleagues to learn from. We have experts in the hottest fields, and these experts are happy to strike up a conversation with you in the elevator. There are always company activities to keep people engaged. My manager is great and is really invested in my growth and success. Things generally "make sense" compared to other places I've worked. The work-life balance is excellent and I value the flexibility I get to enjoy in my work: Everyone can work from home one day a week, and since our success is measured on hard metrics (number of reports you write, or advisory revenue you deliver) you're judged on the work you do and not your face time in the office. We have a devoted Chief People Officer, who takes our company culture and perks seriously. For example, the number of vacation days are generous, and I admire the new initiatives to support working moms, like paid access to Milk Stork, a service that ships breast milk when you're traveling for business.

Cons

There seems to always be change at Forrester, which can be seen as a good thing, but I think it's a bit too constant here. I feel like we don't give things enough time to see if they'll work before we scrap it and try something else. When this involves people's jobs, it's disruptive in a bad way. The top execs could be a little less risk averse when it comes to innovation investment. We repackage the existing offering instead of investing to really innovate. Health insurance costs are too high, and it and many other top places to work absorb more of the increases. But all in all, the benefits far outweigh the cons and I'm proud to work here.

Advice to Management

Give change a little more time to take effect, don't be afraid to invest to disrupt rather than just repackage. Keep up the great culture work the company is doing.

Forrester Response

Jan 30, 2017 – Chief People Officer

I appreciate you taking the time to share such a thoughtful review of your experience. Your comments hit upon some of the best parts of Forrester - the ideas, colleagues, and opportunities that ... More

10. "Associate Consultant"

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Associate Consultant in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Forrester full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people here are intelligent, curious and motivated. As someone who loves to learn, I appreciate this in my coworkers. Great mentorship opportunities and a unique opportunity to learn about technology and research.

Cons

It is difficult and challenging to live on current compensation. Growth opportunities appear limiting and leadership needs to work on career development for younger talent.

Advice to Management

Value and develop junior level talent.

11. "Senior Research Associate"

I have been working at Forrester full-time

Pros

Great mentorship opportunities. Lots of doors open up.

Cons

Professional development is not always consistent across organization.