Forrester Reviews

Updated May 16, 2021

4.3
Forrester Chairman, President, and CEO George F. Colony
George F. Colony
Pros
  • "I’ve seen most employees are in control of their Work/Life balance(in 138 reviews)

• "Working with very smart people, things have been positively changing in the past 2 years and a strong feeling of belonging throughout the company(in 101 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Cambridge office feels very disconnected from main parts of the city(in 47 reviews)

• "Need somewhat better work / life balance(in 36 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Forrester and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years
      Featured Review

A Culture Made For Moments Like This

Jul 7, 2020 - Corporate Group in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The company's response this year in the face of a pandemic and recession has been nothing short of textbook. The Executive Team has been clear and transparent about the steps the company is making to ensure the physical and mental health of employees and the fiscal health of the company. Everyone is working from home, but in many ways our culture has never been stronger as the personal and professional blend together and we know each other more intimately than ever before. The people here are incredibly smart, generous, and kind. People want to do the right thing. Bring your "A game" because the standards for quality, integrity, and customer service are high. I learn something nearly every day from colleagues way smarter than I am. My immediate teammates and my manager are the most inspiring group of colleagues I've ever had.

Cons

Current events have highlighted the need for the company to be more progressive in the area of flexible work. The current flexible work policy is the option to work one day a week at home. The company needs to rethink its entire approach to flex work while honoring its strong culture of collaboration and learning. There's a productive and even exciting path forward that blends the best of the home experience and the office experience, but we need to be bold in our thinking. I hope we don't take the safe route.

6 people found this review helpful
    2. 5.0

Sales Review

Apr 29, 2021 - Account Manager I in Nashville, TN
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's great - let's you have control of yourself, book of business, and the company. They listen to employees, and change policies for the better frequently to increase employee and customer experience/satisfaction. Also it is really rewarding to talk to CEO's, CMO's, and CIO's of major tech companies to help them as a consultant and adviser. Also great co-workers, managers, and exec team.

Cons

Sales process can be long and product/solution line can be hard to learn/fully ramp up to in order to start making good money ($80k+) - usually takes a year to ramp up to that point.

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Amazing 20+ years

Apr 26, 2021 - Global Vice President Customer Success Services
      Business Outlook

Pros

If you are looking for a career where you can be challenged and grow, this is the place for you. The opportunities to participate in the change vary, but they are there for the taking. My career has evolved over the 20+ years and continues to provide me with growth and challenge. Forrester is always looking to be better, for the clients and the employees, so change is constant.

Cons

Colleagues become impatient with career growth and leave Forrester. Forrester needs to provide competitive compensation to retain their amazing talent

4. 3.0

A Company in Transition -- It Could Go Either Way

Jan 13, 2021 - Advisor in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Amazing, smart, and supportive colleagues across the entire ecosystem An incredible place to learn and grow Fantastic clients Competitive salary and benefits Flexible work life/balance Chief people officer who is empathetic, thoughtful, and caring. Has done an amazing job keeping (most of) the organization human in a time of disruption.

Cons

Lack of coordination and communication Toxic leadership within certain departments **Proceed with caution** Culture varies widely by team My role is being eliminated over an incredibly long time period to make way for the future alignment of products. While leadership felt that this was the best way to help us find new jobs, it has made it incredibly difficult to stay motivated. The lack of coordination, communication, and a plan for how we will move forward is has created an awful employee experience for those of us who work closely with clients. We have been buried underneath layers of poor management, and are slowly being pushed out of the company. Given all the transformation Forrester is undergoing, you would think that they would like to keep some of their talent and re-purpose them. The opportunities have been few and far between to transfer internally. Forrester is losing great people because of a very unthoughtful decision.

12 people found this review helpful

Forrester Response

Chief People Officer

Thank you for sharing your experience – having your position eliminated is hard, especially since it sounds like you’ve enjoyed your colleagues and the opportunity to grow here. Product changes are part of doing business and a natural way we evolve to meet changing client needs. When a product transforms, we try to be transparent about the timeline so impacted individuals can plan for their transition within or outside of Forrester. And in fact, a good number of employees have found exciting new opportunities within the company. I’m sorry your recent experience has been disappointing - I’d be open to discussing if you want to reach out to me directly. Thank you, Sherri Kottmann, Chief People Officer

5. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great place to start your career

Apr 7, 2021 - Program Manager in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Forrester has given me so many opportunities to start my career. I have been able to make so many connections within and outside of the organization. The benefits are great - including a strong 401k plan & medical & dental plans. Forrester has made me feel cared about during the pandemic , they have listened to their employees & taken care of our mental health. I am grateful to work for such an incredible organization!

Cons

Pay may not be as competitive as other places.

6. 2.0

Highly Political and Outdated

Apr 22, 2021 - Account Executive
      Business Outlook

Pros

Decent pay/benefits for MA Quality colleagues in GTM functions Decent brand to be associated with

Cons

Tech stack is from 1990. Almost laughable to come here from any competent start up IT support and Deal desk are extremely hard to work with and are favored / entitled Collaborative Processes are dated and very clunky. Expect any interdepartmental request to take 5 meetings and 3 weeks to solve. Or just lost in limbo. Very political and the diversity cheerleaders are almost exclusively wealthy white women.

9 people found this review helpful
    7. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Pleasant office culture, but lacking sense of impact

Feb 8, 2021 - Research Associate in New York, NY
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great colleagues. Forrester is a great place if you're interested in surrounding yourself by intelligent people. There is a great buzz of information around the office, you can really engage with people around you on some interesting topics that range from research on marketing, financial services, etc.

Cons

The pay is pretty poor, especially for New York standards. At the end of the day the impact of the company feels rather shallow. The whole business model is rooted around trying to be a "thought leader" in the MANY verticals the company focuses on. The quality of research used to support this model is rather poor in my opinion. A research engagement basically consists of aggregating qualitative interviews from executives at different business. The only data used is survey data that in many cases is hard to access due to cumbersome internal processes. If you look at the way companies are operating now, what's the appeal of going to this outside entity when all the data relevant to optimizing business performance can be aggregated and actioned upon internally? Forrester feels like a dinosaur company flailing for relevance in the modern era of advanced analytics and data science.

7 people found this review helpful
    8. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

An always learning environment

Apr 13, 2021 - Researcher in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Forrester is simply a great place to work in the Research business. Interesting work, constant opportunities to learn and incredibly supportive coworkers.

Cons

Strategic direction can be unclear, doesn't do change too well, and advancement paths can be opaque

9. 3.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Great People, Lacking Upward Mobility

May 5, 2021 - Senior Research Associate in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

The people are great, it's a culture that cares about its employees. You can learn a lot.

Cons

There is not much room for growth. The pay is not on par with other similar research associate positions.

10. 4.0
      Current Employee

Great place to start

Apr 21, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

It's a great place to start your career - you'll learn a lot, be surrounded by some of the most knowledgeable people in the industry, and make a ton of valuable connections. Benefits are average. Cambridge location is beautiful.

Cons

We need to start taking some of our own advice - we have top industry analysts giving advice to other companies that we don't take ourselves for our own internal processes. Hard to get promoted/make movement, pay isn't competitive to similar organizations.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,052 Reviews