Forrester Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
Forrester Chairman, President, and CEO George F. Colony
George F. Colony

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "They care about work-life balance" (in 100 reviews)

• "Work with smart people who enjoy being here; people who care about doing great work" (in 89 reviews)

Cons
  • "The work can get consuming -- it's important to actively manage your work-life balance" (in 32 reviews)

• "Senior management plays that they want to know any matter no matter how big or small that may be an issue for staff" (in 26 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Best culture I've experienced in my 10+ years in the business world"

Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Advisor in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Amazing Culture
    Tremendous Focus on Employee Experience
    Innovative Mindset Throughout the Organization
    Transparency Among Leadership and Colleagues
    Intelligent and Thoughtful Colleagues
    Challenging the Norm is Promoted and Expected
    Respectful and Professional Environment

Cons

Sometimes the rush to be innovative can cause some inefficiencies, but the company is generally very self-aware of its areas for improvement.

Advice to Management

Excellent work...this is the best culture I've experienced after 10+ years at various companies in multiple industries.

"Great Place, Great People, Great Benefits"

I have been working at Forrester full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Strong onboarding process
    - Travel (depending on position)
    - Helpful and intelligent colleagues
    - Professional, but not stuffy, work environment
    - HR hosts many seminars on a variety of topics to further employee growth
    - Easy access to learning about trends and analysis in different industries
    -Benefits are nice: Fair amount of time off/personal/sick, stock options, work from home once a week after 6 months, and in the summer there is a free ice cream truck.

Cons

- Career growth is unclear and not well-defined (depending on position)
    - Innovation is constantly talked about, yet some practices are a bit outdated

Advice to Management

Focus on career growth and letting employees know what the next step is. A career goal/timeline will help employees to know what they are working towards and when it can be expected.

"Energizing"

I have been working at Forrester full-time

Pros

The people are what keep me coming back for more every day. They are remarkable - smart, kind, curious, and always willing to lend a hand. Leaders ask for your opinion, trust your judgement, and offer valuable coaching. I've always felt valued and appreciated for my contributions at Forrester.

Beyond the people, the Forrester experience is rich in opportunity and collaboration. Innovation is currently front and center and there's momentum building - exciting times are ahead at Forrester.

Cons

The idea of not asking for permission and just innovating isn't fully embraced yet. It's clear that an innovative culture is starting to take shape, but there's work to be done to give employees some time back to create space to do so.

Advice to Management

Your presence and commitment to know employees as individuals has more of an impact than you may know. Don't stop making a point of asking how we are and what we think.

"Outstanding Company Culture"

Current Employee - Researcher in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Researcher in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is a culture of innovation, strong emphasis on employee experience, transparency from leadership, and high level of collaboration between departments.

Cons

Innovation is encouraged, but the results can be slow to implement, and at times change can feel slow. This needs to improve for Forrester to continue remaining competitive.

"Positive Early Career Experience"

I have been working at Forrester full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I initially came to Forrester as a summer intern, and was rehired as a full time employee.

My experience with my managers at Forrester has been fantastic. Forrester does a really good job of making sure managers are well trained. My manager is accessible, knowledgeable about the company, and eager to talk about my goals/struggles/general thoughts. My management experience has also been very transparent: if I ever had a problem in my job or wanted to explore other areas of the company, I know my manager would be supportive.

As a whole, the people at Forrester are so willing to invest in you. As an early career person, I have been especially impressed with how willing people (both within my team and outside of it) have been to hear my opinion in meetings, involve me on projects that interest me but don't fall into my jurisdiction, or just grab coffee and give career advice.

Cons

Forrester does so much that, as a new employee (especially one new to the "real world"), it can take a while to fully understand what the company does as a whole, and how your role plays into that.

Parking in Cambridge is expensive.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in your intern program - it is a fantastic source of talent for Forrester, and a hands-on, real world experience for the students you hire.

"Great Culture of Innovation and Collaboration"

I have been working at Forrester full-time

Pros

- A vibrant and fun innovative culture where you can express, think, and have new ideas and they will be heard and acted on. The executives are very approachable, nice, and are curious to hear feedback and new ideas.
    - Everyone is friendly and welcoming and always willing to share their knowledge or experiences with others.
    - There is a lot of opportunities to learn in your role/department as well as in different departments where you can have the opportunity to work on a project with a different team and expand your learning.
    -At Forrester you learn something new every day and are always progressing. You can learn new skills all the time from co-workers or from attending a course on a specific topic that is being offered.

Cons

- make processes less complex.
    - Keep breaking down the silos. Collaboration is great but always work to have more across departments.

Advice to Management

Feedback and coaching is good and having more would be great to have. Always wanting to learn and grow more in my role.

"Up your game and work for Forrester"

I have been working at Forrester full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Excellent company. The business supports sales like no other. If you're interested in working with C-Level executives around large business transformation initiatives within technology, marketing, strategy, etc. - this is the company for you. Work with incredibly intelligent people, work-life balance is great, lots of upward mobility, etc. Professional selling like no other...

Cons

At this point, can't think of much...

Advice to Management

organic growth and selective M&A strategy

"Welcome all innovators who are ready to learn and put the work in"

Current Employee - Sales Development in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Sales Development in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

As someone with a sales background who has sold a variety of products and services across a number of industries, and for a number of companies (from office supplies, software solutions, IT product teams, life science products, to syndicated market sizing reports & subscription services), I have the perspective of someone who has experienced a range of environments, metric/KPI requirements, and customer perceptions. Hands down, working for, but more importantly, with, Forrester has been the highlight of my 7 year career of constantly looking for the next better opportunity. Here are the noteworthy differences I have come to discover during my time here:
    -Micromanagement is instead replaced with direct help (less "what are you doing", more "how can we help utilize every resource at our disposal to make sure this gets done")
    -Name branding (for anyone who has worked in sales, you know how tough initial outreach is. Incredible to discover how warm every outreach is because of the Forrester brand, experience with Forrester analysts and Forrester's respected proprietary data and analysis methodologies).
    -And, the most important factor for when I look at a new company, ability to move up, over and around. (Between our new beta program for trying out other roles, job shadowing, weekly opportunities to learn from other departments, and intercompany events and networking opportunities, Forrester keeps you from getting bored or feeling pigeon-holed.)

Cons

It is a big company. That can be a double-edged sword. Being a big company has allowed Forrester to build their brand in the data, analysis, consulting, market intelligence and business advisory spaces.
    However, being so big, with so many managers and directors who you need to convince, has made making some internal changes move more slowly than desired at times.
    Customer obsession is a huge focus here, but at times internal, non-customer related processes can move a bit slower due to bandwidth, project prioritization and needing buy-in from too many people before being able to test or move forward with change.

Advice to Management

The right steps are clearly being taken when it comes to customer-focused innovations, but there is still some work to do to improve internal departmental relationships to ensure we are all working together in the smartest way.

9. "“Collaborative, challenging and fun”"

I have been working at Forrester full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

You are always challenged and learning at Forrester. Lots of great feedback to help you continuously grow.

Cons

– Work/life balance can be tough at times

"Forresterite for Life!"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been lucky throughout my career to work with some exceptional people and never has this been more accurate than at Forrester. I'm constantly challenged and supported by my peers and love that I come into work everyday and know that I'm making an impact in our clients everyday lives. I can't stress how wonderful everyone here is on my team and how close we are as a family. Work life balance could not be better and really see myself working here for a very long time as it hits all my musts for fulfillment.

Cons

It would've been the lack of additional team members needed to help support the growing business (cause we are growing!) but we have hired more team members this past year and are getting more and more balance in our workloads.