Forrester Reviews

Updated May 27, 2020

4.3
Forrester Chairman, President, and CEO George F. Colony
George F. Colony
Pros
  • "I’ve seen most employees are in control of their Work/Life balance(in 130 reviews)

• "Forrester truly hires incredibly smart people(in 99 reviews)

Cons
  • "I wish we had a Starbucks, Panera Bread or a Duncan Donuts at Cambridge Discovery Park(in 45 reviews)

• "A work-life balance can be tough to reach(in 35 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"A job with support, growth, respect, fun, and wonderful people"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I want to work here as long as possible. My projects excite me every day. I love my coworkers and managers, we celebrate each other's milestones and make each other laugh. My manager was so supportive during a difficult time in my life. People in general are very nice too, not to mention brilliant. I actually can't think of anyone I dislike working with. I feel respected, like I'm contributing to new, big projects with clear goals. I recognize this from the top leadership. From my POV, everyone is welcome to speak up and contribute. The office building is modern, open, and in a lovely location. I take walks along along Alewife brook pkwy all the time. Music is celebrated here, you often find guitar players in the main coffee break area. I think the benefits are great and also improving.

Cons

I'm not sure what more I could want in a job. We can always work toward being less siloed, but I get a sense that this is generally known and we work to fix that.

Forrester2019-10-02
  2. "Couldn't be more thrilled...transparent, genuine and precise"

Current Employee - Senior Client Account Manager

I have been working at Forrester full-time for less than a year

Pros

I couldn't have landed at a better place to work and I am thrilled. A tough time to change jobs and executive staff make themselves available and communicate often and transparently. I appreciate the willingness to sit down with each employee to learn, grow and improve. I feel that my and our opinion(s) are considered and acted on as best capable to drive the business in a positive direction. I am thrilled to be working here and appreciate the opportunity I have been given. I couldn't have landed at a more supportive and energy filled environment. From the leadership team to my peers, all are willing to jump in an lend a hand to my success and the success of the business. As a collective, we truly believe in our mission, vision and values. We embrace curiosity and genuine interest in our client's success as a partner and collaborator.

Cons

We all have our struggles or inefficiencies. From what I have seen so far, we actively engage to better learn about ourselves as a working group and our processes, then utilize our tools and resources to plan and execute to solve for a better experience. This should probably go in the "pros" but I am surprised by the decisiveness and precision with which we identify and act on areas for improvement.

Forrester2020-05-27
  3. "Thrilled to be at Forrester"

Current Employee - Sales Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Forrester full-time for less than a year

Pros

Incredible clients, incredible colleagues and winning culture.

Cons

Complex business that is exposed to the cyclical nature of the economy.

Forrester2020-05-26
  4. "Top Tier Company & Culture"

Current Employee - Account Manager

I have been working at Forrester full-time for less than a year

Pros

transparency, strong brand, career growth, supportive ecosystem, best-in-class products

Cons

No "cons" at this time.

Forrester2020-05-26
  5. "Great Clients - Terrific Analysts!"

Current Employee - Account Director

I have been working at Forrester full-time for less than a year

Pros

Having a founder/CEO shapes the business in two great ways. First, the customer focus here is genuine, not lip service. Second, as evidenced through COVID-19 this company cares about its employees.

Cons

The advisory business has, like every other business, challenges that will always be frustrating and hard to extricate. I think Forrester does a better job with these than other companies in this space.

Forrester2020-05-26
  6. "Best Places to Work 2020 - It really is!"

Current Employee - Finance Project Manager in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a wonderful place to work. The company offers good starting pay and generous benefits, but the most compelling reason to work here is the corporate culture. The management team leads with emotional intelligence, compassion, and empathy. They promote an environment of learning, sharing and collaboration among employees and encourage team members to come together and create innovative “out of the box” solutions. The company continually shows employees how much they are valued. There are many impromptu employee socials at corporate office and even during the pandemic when business was negatively impacted, the management team made it clear that they support their workforce and our health and welfare is of their utmost concern. The company promotes social justice, sustainability, and corporate responsibility. They encourage employees to volunteer for their favorite causes and recognize their efforts by giving them and their charity a shout out on internal company video channels.

Cons

I wish the learning center had directed learning paths tied to open jobs.

7. "Dream Job"

Current Employee - Customer Success in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Forrester full-time for less than a year

Pros

Established and very well-respected company. Amazing benefits. Everyone who works here is encouraging and hungry to learn. You really feel like you matter even at a company of this larger size.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Forrester2020-05-25
  8. "Wonderful, caring company with a passion for helping customers"

Current Employee - Solutions Partner in Washington, DC

I have been working at Forrester full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Understanding management, many different roles, global footprint, well-respected brand, thoughtful approach to the market

Cons

It's a large company. Some decisions made at the board-level don't appear to align with needs of some of our largest markets. New acquisitions have made product portfolio challenging to integrate.

Forrester2020-05-23
  9. "Integrity, Transparency and Connection"

Current Employee - Vice President Principal Analyst

I have been working at Forrester full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Forresterites care about and spend time connecting with each other and clients. We are very focused on how research impacts or can impact our clients and take that responsibility and opportunity to heart.

Cons

As a growing company, both organically and through acquisition, Forrester must rewrite processes to support that growth which, while required, are incredible frustrating to live through. They try to execute changes with care and consideration including getting input but sometimes they don't know what they don't know (don't we all).

Forrester2020-05-23
  10. "A professional environment that challenges client's thinking, as well as my own."

Current Employee - Associate Consultant in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at Forrester full-time for more than a year

Pros

Forrester hires carefully making sure that the talent they bring in are not only bright, but match the company's values and culture. Some of the most dedicated and incredible people I have ever met. The work we do is incredible and one-of-a-kind. I didn't realize I would find the job/industry I want to be in for a long time so early in my career. Great visibility into company performance and overall direction lead by the executive team during frequent company-wide meetings.

Cons

No formal investment in junior employees, but there is a culture of making sure junior folks are feeling engaged and valued. Some of the people most invested in my professional development are not my manager (pro and con). It can be difficult at times to connect with other employees outside of your department and fully understand the work that they do. Paid below market value.

Forrester2020-05-22