KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Forrester

Engaged Employer

Forrester

Add a Review

Forrester Employee Reviews about "cambridge"

Updated Oct 5, 2020

Found 46 of over 1,122 reviews

4.4
Pros
  • "I’ve seen most employees are in control of their Work/Life balance(in 138 reviews)

• "Working with very smart people, things have been positively changing in the past 2 years and a strong feeling of belonging throughout the company(in 101 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Cambridge office feels very disconnected from main parts of the city(in 47 reviews)

• "Need somewhat better work / life balance(in 36 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Ratings by Demographics

This rating reflects the overall rating of Forrester and is not affected by filters.

Want more demographic options?

Reviews about "cambridge"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0

Fantastic Place to Work

Oct 5, 2020 - Anymous in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-People are friendly, passionate, and smart. Expertise is shared on a regular basis. -Social Events to interact with co-workers and celebrate a job well-done (quarterly happy hours, Christmas Party, Halloween Party). -Cross-Collaboration between teams is encouraged, getting a 360 degree view of the business. -Management across the company sets reasonable deadlines for projects. -Very generous time off policy.

Cons

-Cambridge Office is not close to any restaurants or bars. But, the office is brand-new with parking on-site. -Employees work really hard and expect co-workers to do the same, for some not a con but it is not an environment for everyone.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great Place to grow and learn

Jun 2, 2020 - Researcher
      Business Outlook

Pros

Ample opportunities to take on exciting projects, gain valuable experience, and grow at the firm

Cons

Cambridge office feels very disconnected from main parts of the city

3. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 10 years

Economic Customer Enlightenment

Apr 2, 2020 - Senior Desktop Support Engineer in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I work with intelligent, compassionate, driven people with the customer as a main focus to empower through our research. I work with very hard working nice people!

Cons

I have nothing adverse to say about Forrester. I wish we had a Starbucks, Panera Bread or a Duncan Donuts at Cambridge Discovery Park.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A great place to learn and grow if you're willing to work for it

Oct 15, 2019 - Principal Advisor in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are always opportunities to learn, whether it's by reading research or engaging directly with analysts and consultants. You're given clear direction about what success looks like and you're given support to help get there. You're also provided tools that help you be productive from just about anywhere. Many (but not all) managers are flexible about work location, which should be the case 100% for a global company that has a good-sized remote workforce. You're constantly surrounded by really smart, nice people who are trying to do the right thing all the time.

Cons

The location of the Cambridge HQ makes for a terrible commute and there are no restaurants, coffee shops, etc. nearby other than the underwhelming shared cafeteria. The one-day-a-week WorkSmart program for office-based workers is outdated and needs to be expanded and more flexible.

5. 5.0

Solid company

Oct 15, 2019 - Sales
      Business Outlook

Pros

Constant learning environment, people are willing to help one another, People take pride in their work.

Cons

Occasional lack of resources, career trajectory is tough outside of Cambridge, compensation is good not great.

6. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

The place to be if you want to learn something new EVERY day

Oct 1, 2019 - Customer Success Manager in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Great work/life balance (truly) - Extremely intelligent/motivated employees - C-suite is very accessible - Opportunity for vertical and horizontal career growth

Cons

- Food options for purchase are somewhat limited (Cambridge office) - Parking is a bit expensive (Cambridge office)

2 people found this review helpful
    7. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people and flexible management

Oct 18, 2019 - Current Employee in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

- Smart and collaborative colleagues - Flexible management who really care about you and your growth - Solid benefits package

Cons

- Food options are somewhat limited (Cambridge) - Parking is expensive (Cambridge) - Compensation can be considered low

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

We actually get paid to help our clients!

Oct 15, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Forrester's research, consulting, and data teams all work to help clients on a daily basis. And people are excited by that possibility. And it shows. And the clients are highly appreciative of the help. The atmosphere in the smaller offices (San Francisco and New York, primarily) is highly collaborative and energizing. Our new-ish employee experience focus allows the research and consulting practices to find what's next and keep challenging our clients reshape their thinking.

Cons

The technology we use is old and it slows down our work. If you are not in the Cambridge headquarters, getting adequate timely technical support is often a challenge. Overall, the Cambridge headquarters in the nerve center of decision making and for those outside of it, it can be challenging to understand the decision making process. Compensation feels slightly below where it needs to be, especially as many in the analysts ranks leave for the vendor or user world, where they are more generously compensated. Finally, especially in some areas, diversity in the company remains a major hurdle yet to be overcome.

9. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 5 years

Amazing culture, interesting work, but slower pace

Oct 15, 2019 - Advisor in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

I can't imagine a company with a better culture for people early in their careers. People here are very welcoming and friendly, and there is a strong sense of shared success in the company. On the personal level there is absolutely a sense of warmth in the office.

Cons

For a variety of reasons, the company can feel sluggish when it comes to innovation and change, and straight up sleepy if you're in the Cambridge HQ. Despite a broad culture of community, most working teams sit siloed into their "pods," with very little interactions with other teams during the day. Innovation projects tend to take place behind closed doors and most people feel disconnected from decisions that either directly or indirectly will affect their product/team.

10. 5.0

Great place to grow - a 30 year old startup

Sep 23, 2019 - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
      Business Outlook

Pros

For a 30 year old company, still run by a founder, there is always the possibility that there is stagnation - NOT at Forrester! The company is trying to be more agile and respond more to what drives our clients to succeed than what we think is best. The people and culture are something I wish I had my entire career.

Cons

working in the Cambridge HQ can be a tough commute, but once at the end of the journey, the people and challenges can make it worthwhile. While there is no "politics" to speak of, there is an active value of "Courage" that takes some getting used to.

2 people found this review helpful